'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

Um iirc the 1.08 windforce was actually weaker than the 1.09 windforce.

GF, Doombringer, Harlequins Crest, Vampire Gaze, Arcaines Valor and one Amulet(Sacazean or Atmas Scarabeus), Valkyre Wing and Arreats were the uniques which were stronger pre 1.09.

Other uniques got stronger with 1.09 or were changed a bit.

For example Zakarum got stronger with 1.09 but it had more interesting stats in 1.08.

Visceraunt was a necromancer shield and it became a sorceress shield.

Or look at 1.10 elite class sets which added low level set like abilities to items if you wear them together. So 1.10 sets got stronger compared to 1.09 sets(I also think some set items changed their values)

I simply don't like the idea of Legacy items because it's a chance for RMT.

"
Chris wrote:
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

Correct, but Demigods are useless paper weights. Silverbranch actually has use.
Just don't create legacy items of things that are actually endgame gear. A +2 Silverbranch isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it would be horrible for the game to, say, nerf Koam's and then leave the existing ones intact so that in two years there'll be basically no way for new players to get the overpowered ones while old players (and RMTers) get to enjoy an untouchable advantage. That was a huge problem in D2 and absolutely destroyed balance on non-ladder.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Um iirc the 1.08 windforce was actually weaker than the 1.09 windforce.

GF, Doombringer, Harlequins Crest, Vampire Gaze, Arcaines Valor and one Amulet(Sacazean or Atmas Scarabeus), Valkyre Wing and Arreats were the uniques which were stronger pre 1.09.

Other uniques got stronger with 1.09 or were changed a bit.

For example Zakarum got stronger with 1.09 but it had more interesting stats in 1.08.

Visceraunt was a necromancer shield and it became a sorceress shield.

Or look at 1.10 elite class sets which added low level set like abilities to items if you wear them together. So 1.10 sets got stronger compared to 1.09 sets(I also think some set items changed their values)

I simply don't like the idea of Legacy items because it's a chance for RMT.

Seriously...... Cause people can't buy, oh, anything?

Back to topic, why the hell do people care about this? We all knew that both default SC and HC leagues would be dumping grounds from races AND item changes.

1-3 month ladders anyone?
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Apr 5, 2013, 1:41:49 AM
"
unkempt wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

Until you can use a quill rain?
Honestly its not that the end of the world. FFS its a level 1 bow. That and I`m not a big fan of the slippery slope argument. I`m sure GGG wouldn`t be dumb enough to do something like nerf kaoms (insert late game item here) and leave people with the old version.
Legacy items are a bad idea. If the item needs a buff or a nerf, they ALL need a buff or a nerf.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
unkempt wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Until you can use a quill rain?

I use silverbranch till level 30 when leveling alts :D
IMPORTANT: Whisper / pm me if I've been outbid, otherwise I'll have no way of knowing.

(free) Escrow service for HC<->SC trading : thread/334172

buying 18%+ aura gems! yeah, someone actually wants them! (paying more than vendor too!)
Hm.

I've always been able to lvl faster with a Quill Rain.

Whatever, I've got 2 those bows. Funny how people want them now lol
Legacy items are fine. It rewards those who had the item beforehand. If you are going to nerf kaoms, it better be legacy like you did with silverbranch.( although I hope you never have to nerf kaoms because its not terribly overpowered, no sockets)
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info