[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

Thx for this amazing build! Feels super cool and classic. Killed my first Sirius with it, love it!
Looking forward to an updated POB =)
"
XyJIugaN4Eg wrote:
Thx for this amazing build! Feels super cool and classic. Killed my first Sirius with it, love it!

You are very welcome. 3.16 will present some tough challenges for this build. Hopefully once the Scourge Mods are released, we will get a better picture of our defense/offensive power.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
Looking forward to an updated POB =)

Oh, I am pulling my hair out. Just looking at the tree, our damage is pretty much the same but block chance is lowered (either 50/50, 60/50, 75+/0, 75+/25). I think it will take some game time to determine how well our other defenses will handle unblocked damage.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

Hello,
Is it worth using Glancing Blow when we have that strong attack blocking? Look like make much waste on the cap.
I am thinking the Tempest Shield 25% + new mod on the shield 15% to get 85%/40% blocking will be better?
THX
lalala
"
Hello,
Is it worth using Glancing Blow when we have that strong attack blocking? Look like make much waste on the cap.THX

Using GB makes sense if you have recovery on block - like The Surrender unique, or other crafted shield with life on block. Then it's possible to save some skill points and take more damage nodes than spend those on block.
So if you have no life recovery on block GB is not good for this build.
"
artisanix wrote:
"
Hello,
Is it worth using Glancing Blow when we have that strong attack blocking? Look like make much waste on the cap.THX

Using GB makes sense if you have recovery on block - like The Surrender unique, or other crafted shield with life on block. Then it's possible to save some skill points and take more damage nodes than spend those on block.

Got it, seem 3.16 is hard to make the trade-off between pushing the spell block or not. Anyway, Thank you :)
lalala
"
artisanix wrote:
"
Hello,

I think there will be a lot of defense variations going into the endgame while people trying to figure out what's the best option.

1. The default option from 3.15 is 60%/50% block with Versatile Combatant and requires us to invest heavily in attack block (85% uncapped). Many block nodes do not improve our offense like Command of Steel and Deflection. Our damage and defense will be significantly worse with this method.

1.1 Alternatively without Versatile Combatant we can have 85%/0%, this can be strong with +max resistance and/or Divine Flesh and requires additional investment on top of the block investment.

2. The least amount of investment to achieve maximum block (let's say 75%/50% with Tempest Shield) is through Glancing Blow. The reason why this is an acceptable option is because of the armor buffs. We will find out how it performs after league start.

3. It's possible to reach 75%/50% without Glancing Blow but requires a rare shield. It's difficult to assess whether it is better vs the Surrender. I am thinking yes, then the question is how easy is it to craft it since we will need flat armor, %life on block, spell block.

Last edited by strTrader on Oct 20, 2021, 10:56:53 AM
"
Hello,
Is it worth using Glancing Blow when we have that strong attack blocking? Look like make much waste on the cap.
I am thinking the Tempest Shield 25% + new mod on the shield 15% to get 85%/40% blocking will be better?
THX

I tested Glancing Blow today, didn't feel very strong. So I made another PoB without it. You can check that version as well. Traded some damage for spell block.

"
strTrader wrote:
"
Hello,
THX

I tested Glancing Blow today, didn't feel very strong. So I made another PoB without it. You can check that version as well. Traded some damage for spell block.

Thank you!
lalala

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info