[3.19] Hateforge Vaal Lightning Strike - Pathfinder | All content | Zoom Zoom mapper and bosser

why does my vaal LS cost 27 rage how do I lower it to 26 rage ? if I remove any gems linked it cost 24 , my gloves has 23% reduce reduced rage cost, what else do I have to change for the 26 Rage
Last edited by SupaaaNova on Jun 5, 2021, 9:27:49 AM
"
Brutus_4711 wrote:
just a small edit. i don't think you get 150% inc. flask effect.
you get 25% reduced skill duration, which reduces the soul gain prevention of ls. you then need another 87,5% inc. effect to get the soul catcher to 75%. to get this, you'd have to drop one of the large ascendency nodes for a small one if i'am not mistaken.
or you could simply accept the .16 s remaining soul gain prevention an go for 84% inc. effect.

Thanks Brutus! I made the edit. You are absolutely right. I just did mental math and forgot about the skill effect duration. When I wrote that to emphasize the importance of all flask effect but effectively forgot some of it is the 25% skill effect duration.

"
SupaaaNova wrote:
why does my vaal LS cost 27 rage how do I lower it to 26 rage ? if I remove any gems linked it cost 24 , my gloves has 23% reduce reduced rage cost, what else do I have to change for the 26 Rage

You can either lower it by divining your Hateforge so the #% reduced rage cost of skill increases, or you can change gem links. I use 24% reduced rage cost. To decrease, you can change elemental damage with attack support for damage on full life/fortify (140% to 130% mana cost)
Last edited by ttwanksta on Jun 5, 2021, 10:10:16 AM
Very Nice build and very nice guy, Pm'ed him in game and he took 10 minutes of his life to help me :)

Yea i have both. I can spam without having conq efficiency.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

If you can spam then you just want your attack speed as close to soul gain prevention time as possible. You can see this by hovering over the skill next to the mana orb. Just run an ultimatum and when the game pauses, you can see your attack speed next to soul gain prevention time. Mine is 0.16 for both.
"
ttwanksta wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

If you can spam then you just want your attack speed as close to soul gain prevention time as possible. You can see this by hovering over the skill next to the mana orb. Just run an ultimatum and when the game pauses, you can see your attack speed next to soul gain prevention time. Mine is 0.16 for both.

Thanks didnt realize you could view soul gain prevention time in the char sheet. I will look!
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jun 16, 2021, 2:05:15 PM
might wanna update thoes prices you got there. hate forge is kinda 300 ex right now
So I have my character setup pretty similarly to you.

My mana regen in my hideout without pots is 27.7.
My attack speed is .26, but goes down to .19 when I put the totem down and blood rage up.
My soul gain prevention goes to .96 from 6 seconds with my 40% soul catcher.

The issue I'm having is I can only lay down approximately 1 vaal lightning strike a second. It seems like in your videos you are able to spam them a lot faster.

You talk about getting your attack speed to the same cooldown as the soul prevention, but .96 is way more time from your .16 for both.

How am I supposed to make up that difference so I can spam VLS more?

Okay I got my final lab done and got an additional 10% flask effect and brought down my soul prevention to .64 and it's a lot smoother now.

Having it at .96 was just a little too high.

Now to figure out how you went from .64 all the way down to .16.
Hi, its all about the flask effect and reduced skill effect duration from Window of Opportunity notable. Also make sure you have Aqueous Accelerant anointed on your amulet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info