Ultimatum Statistics

"
Judaspriester wrote:
Thinking about this, what about a somewhat simple fix?

Just modify the spawn rate of the Trialmaster based on the current win streak. Something like 10% increased chance per previous win, which resets once you fail OR finally meet the trialmaster? The exact number is ofc something discusable, but given the 1/50 chance, I think increasing this chance to 1/25 after 10 continious wins doesn't sound that bad in all (especially with the challenge in mind, where you have to fight him conditionally).

This would also fit the ingame logic. As you win more and more often against him, the voice lines makes clear that he gets more and more angry, because you are winning to often. So it just would make sense that, at some point, he looses his nerves and decides to end your winning streak himself.

Besides that, this would also have the side effect, that you're able to somewhat enforce the fight on the price of grind, in stead of "just" relying on the random spawn rate, which possibly exactly strikes on those maps, where you skip the trial for various reasons (shitty mods for trial, lacking time, wrong trial type, partymember that doesn't want to do it, etc).

The problem with that is then the no queue Streamers would be killing him left and right and it wouldn't be exciting when they finally spawn him.
Same reason the league event is tuned to "A8 T16 boss? NBD! Completing T4 Ult.. Kind of risky!" difficulty.
Not a good league to follow ritual as it seems the same only with more lots fail added.

It is just Streamer tuning. It took maybe close to 1000 Hours and 2 leagues to finally spawn the Twins once.
Last edited by Painsponge on May 27, 2021, 9:58:29 AM
Good league as always ;)
Last edited by ChosenOneReal on Jun 4, 2021, 4:41:36 AM
only 1 time i have find the trialmaster boss..... played time 12 days.....
"Encounters Started" - Do you also have the numbers of "Encounters ignored"?
I.e. how many maps were completed vs "Encounters Started"?
"
Klosterfrau wrote:
"the fact that players may have only fought him a few times and are still learning the encounter as they go"
-> Actually it's never.

By far the most interesting stat would have been:
1. out of the 170M Ultimatum's spawned, how many spawned at level 78+
2. out of those 78+ Ultimatum's, how many had potentially 10 rounds or would have had 10 rounds if players would have fought till the end / survived
3. How many of those Ultimatum's were actually fought till the end
4. How many of those Ultimatum's have actually spawned the Trialmaster
This would have revealed how insanely RNG gated this idiotic league mechanic is

Since Heist League was 1 month too long, please shorten Ultimatum by 1 months and bring something better.
If you have nothing better, just upload the old Ritual league files.

We should also always remember with Ultimatum:
- Best league start ever
- Supporter pack money used to buy streamers that would then skip the queue to play the game instead of the people who bought the supporter packs
- Texture issues

You forgot:
"we will not nerf mid league"
"we thoroughly play tested it before putting it life"
This studio is getting praised by Todd howard and EA
Last edited by mistsack on May 27, 2021, 10:10:00 AM
I'm not getting this.

The post states that the completion rates of any non-trialmaster wave is above 90%.

How come then are all encounter completion rates below 90%??

The completion rate of any wave should be the average over all encounter types.
It's not possible to have all encounter types having a completion rate of ~80% and then get an overall wave completion rate of ~90%...

Can anyone help me understand this?
"
Jovanovsy wrote:
I'm not getting this.

The post states that the completion rates of any non-trialmaster wave is above 90%.

How come then are all encounter completion rates below 90%??

The completion rate of any wave should be the average over all encounter types.
It's not possible to have all encounter types having a completion rate of ~80% and then get an overall wave completion rate of ~90%...

Can anyone help me understand this?

Yeah, so each wave completed ignores the failure rate of the wave before it (because you must have completed the prior wave to get to the current one). So I'm guessing you would total the failure rates of each wave and add those together to get your overall success rate for any given encounter type.
I'm more interested in failure rates for the specific mob types the ultimatum can spawn, as well as failure rates for maps because not all arenas are created equal due to super sh*t map layouts that place you on a small corridor or a tiny room.
Last edited by muzein on May 27, 2021, 10:48:52 AM
For me, I just experience a lot of crashes and lags (that's on top of a decent internet service) as I start or in the middle wave of encounter. That's why I might be included to the percentage of players who do not OR cannot finish encounters. I look forward more to the next league if this still persists. :(
Last edited by chrixx21 on May 27, 2021, 10:58:20 AM
"Less buff duration being the most 5th failed ultimatum modifier" Laughs in discharge ele needing less buff duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info