3.14.2 Patch Notes Preview

Actually good changes, ty you GGG for you work
"
Later on this week, we plan on deploying Patch 3.14.2 which includes a variety of fixes. To give you an idea of what to expect, we have prepared a preview of the patch notes for you!

Please note that the patch notes may be changed prior to their deployment.
Spoiler

Added Increased Monster Area of Effect modifiers that can be used in Private Leagues.

Changed the Hateforge unique gloves to allow them to affect Vaal attacks used by traps and mines again. While these mechanics bypass the intended restrictions of Vaal skills in a similar way to totems, those cases are less abusable now so we've temporarily restored the interaction between Traps, Mines, and Hateforge. This stat will return to preventing use with traps and mines again in 3.15.
Spoiler
Fixed some calculation and snapshotting bugs that occurred when two instances of the same Vaal skill that had different soul requirements, which is currently possible when one is in the Triumvirate Authority unique ring. Souls are shared between the skills, but each skill now correctly maintains its own soul requirement and the appropriate amount of souls are consumed based on which of the skills is used. The modifier that allows storing enough souls for an additional use still has some odd behaviour, as the number of souls that can be stored fundamentally has to be the same for both skills - this modifier may be changed in future.

Map boss clones created by The Maven no longer persist after the map boss dies.
Spoiler
Fixed a bug with life regeneration on the "Inspirational" Champion Ascendancy passive skill not working.
Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to use non-English characters in chat.
Fixed a bug where the vendor recipe for three of the same maps could result in a legacy variant.
Fixed a bug where foil maps retained their foil art in certain corruption outcomes.

Fixed a bug where some skills would not move your character to be in range of a target on certain angles resulting in your character not using the skill.
Spoiler
Fixed a bug where Increased Attack and Cast Speed modifiers could not be unveiled on Quivers and Amulets.
Standardised the default cursor size between Retina and non-Retina Mac displays.
Fixed a common client crash.
Fixed two instance crashes.

Nice but i have some questions.

1) Why not keep it the way it currently is instead of pissing people off by allowing this uninteded mechanics (quote:"bypass the intended restrictions of Vaal skills in a similar way to totems") for 6 more weeks?
2) These kind of bugs never get old.
3) What does it even mean and what skills are involved? Slightly confusing to be honest and sadly does not tell what skills could be fixed. Are travel skills only involved or all skills that may move your character, includung damage skills like Conq path.
Speaking of travel skills.
Shield Charge would really benefit in beeing reviewed especially when you get stuck on every minor pebble on the ground.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on May 26, 2021, 4:49:04 AM
Sweet !
Bad Seed
I do not know how this is possible but on 1200+ maps he has only appeared 2 times. I do all ultimatum without die. Maybe fix this ??
this is a joke ... this league was a failure from start to finish ... if you are wondering why people are not playing ... quite simple you killed the game with the "removal" of Harvest ... and moving all the good stuff to the high rollers again ... the only 3 leagues were a casual/new players felt welcome in this game were delirium where you could make an aura bot for dirt cheap .. harvest we all know why ... and Ritual (I'll give you a tip there was a specific mechanic added in it )

it just takes the fun away guys ...

the end game is a JOKE making maps over and over and over to never get the map that you need for Maven to witness ...

adding interesting stuff to the most complicated mechanic in the game (betrayal) less than 3% of players manage to make a successful one ...

there is no indication as to why I instantly kill all the monsters in ultimatums in some t16 and in others they don`t die in t14 ... they are like tanks like they have fortify with 300% effect ... and sometimes randomly getting one even if normally I just stand in the middle of ultimatums and don't get damaged ...

you need to change the way of seeing the player base ... the player base has changed drastically with the game growing ... and there are not only Hardcore players that play 12h/day that's like 1% (the 1%-ers) but what do you want from the rest of us ? from the 149.000 players? you want us to go? because that is what this league is doing that is why there is not player retention we all want to get there to the end game to get to crafting to get to the good stuff ... and you guys are encouraging unhealthy playtime ... most of the games have a warning ... that states you have played for an extended period of time consider taking a break ... in POE if you do that you are the loser of the group/party/guild etc ...

I understand there is a philosophy and you guys want to work around that .. but that philosophy does not work when a game has 150k players at the same time only from Steam ... it simply does not work ... when in a map you get hundreds or thousands of items ... the game that you want that philosophy is not there anymore ... and the reason is simple ... you can't drop the best item .. and I will give you a simple common example ...

+1 spectre it's delve
effect of Offerings Hunter influence
effect of non-curse auras Redemer influence

this item can`t drop ... and this is a poor example because I'm a new player more experienced players will tell you and give you easier examples

players don`t have a goal towards an item like this to stay 1 week and do it .. and to know that they can do it ... eventually there is nothing to keep them hooked

The end game is dull it's like a huge wall and it's Random Number Generator based .. if you are lucky .. you get the maps if not .. you can go towards the thousands of maps and not get them ... that is why people Quit Diablo 3 we were doing Thousands of Greater Rifts ... and it became boring and dull it feels exactly like Diablo 3 ... easy fix ... do 10 maps(any 10 maps) in that area and you get to unlock 2 points or whatever ... oh wait maven need so see .. well she will once I will do 10 different maps ... that could take anywhere between 30 and 150 maps .. and even then it's not guaranteed you guys put this ridiculous tresholds ...

the Flasks ... everyone is complaining about the flasks (even old and experienced players) ... and I offer you the Easiest fix ever (and not a band-aid) ... passive during mapping active during bossing ...
everyone has the flasks up after act 3-4 ... maybe if they are not lucky act 5 .. so why fight progress? during mapping make them passive and once you enter a boss and you need to make decisions ... then you can use them at your own will and use "Skill" ... (and by this casual players would actually feel a buff and would make everyone in the community happy except for that guy that likes it hard ah yes there is always that guy )

coming back at an essential problem with the game ... the Campaign .. except for the GGG team that made it and I respect them for it.... making the campaign over and over and over ... it's just not fun .. so my suggestion is simple to Make it 2-3-4 times longer but add tutorials and useful pieces of information in it .. so that a player actually learns the game during the campaign not just do the campaign and hate himself for doing it... I'm not saying to learn every unique and every influence and every base just some better basics ... so he can get a grip of the game at least to know the leagues of the future past(league restricted content) ...
Add a challenge I don`t know what you guys feel comfortable with.. for a player to do .. ex: LVL 90 and Eternal Lab... or I don`t know and once the player has done that .. he has the option to skip the campaign forever ... just the option he can still do the campaign

Pick-up ... honestly? Pick-up? do you actually like the state of the game with 123948923478329403129 items every single map and clicking thousands of times/day? for some stupid orb of binding that you need before reaching maps or orbs of chance ... you literally use 10 for the whole league ... and that is when you are buying skills ah yes and orb of scouring and you assume that picking up scrolls and orbs of uselessness .. are adding weight?

weight is when you manage to kill Awakener when you manage to kill Uber Atziri when you manage to kill Uber Elder that is weight even if I get some trash items that is when it feels good and I feel their items have weight ... yes and if I get Exalted orbs ( influenced exalted ), Awakener orb, Mirror shards, nice Cards that is when there is weight. and also when you see a stack of chaos there is weight ... not when you see just 1 chaos ... that an extra click ..

not when I pick up 5000 Wisdom Scrolls 5000 times ... that adds frustration and damage over time to my mouse ..., not weight ...
Still no trialmaster spawn rate buff. 300 t14 maps is ok for one try? Oh lol.
do sth about Trialmaster challenge
Another patch where nothing important is fixed. I don't think the person who decides what problems to work on, has any access to player feedback.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
new patch
new bugs again

yohhhhooooooooooooo!!!
Soo, maybe I can play again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info