[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
chrischoi wrote:
"
hulduet wrote:
Hi! New player. I'm wondering why do we want to use lifetap on the selfcast, won't that kill us? I'm following the notes in the pob and what's written here. Maybe I'm missing a gem that I should be using?

I'd assume after turning on auras, you'd have low mana. Wouldn't be enough to set off your attack skills and you'd be waiting for mana regen or have to put into leech. That and some added damage.

Current cost is 92 life. You have 141 life regen/175 life leech.

Mana cost would be 30. Not sure what auras you are using. But you'd be running less auras without Lifetap.

If you ran them all without Lifetap, you probably don't have enough mana to use a movement or attack skill.

The written build guide is a bit older. Since this reply is late, I'll assume you're past the point of needing the mana as you should have a enduring mana flask handy. Basically, TR is a mana hog at low levels, meaning you have to have some way of supporting it as you add gems.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
chrischoi wrote:
"
hulduet wrote:
Hi! New player. I'm wondering why do we want to use lifetap on the selfcast, won't that kill us? I'm following the notes in the pob and what's written here. Maybe I'm missing a gem that I should be using?

I'd assume after turning on auras, you'd have low mana. Wouldn't be enough to set off your attack skills and you'd be waiting for mana regen or have to put into leech. That and some added damage.

Current cost is 92 life. You have 141 life regen/175 life leech.

Mana cost would be 30. Not sure what auras you are using. But you'd be running less auras without Lifetap.

If you ran them all without Lifetap, you probably don't have enough mana to use a movement or attack skill.

The written build guide is a bit older. Since this reply is late, I'll assume you're past the point of needing the mana as you should have a enduring mana flask handy. Basically, TR is a mana hog at low levels, meaning you have to have some way of supporting it as you add gems.

@Donkster5

Any recommendations for this node? Guess it was changed.
I'm still running into mana issues since I'm just starting on HC. Figured it might help me play better as I'm a Leeroy Jenkins style player.

For Increases and Reductions to Projectile Speed also apply to Damage with Bows, does it not apply to bows normally?
Last edited by chrischoi on Mar 15, 2022, 1:53:46 AM
"
chrischoi wrote:

@Donkster5

Any recommendations for this node? Guess it was changed.
I'm still running into mana issues since I'm just starting on HC. Figured it might help me play better as I'm a Leeroy Jenkins style player.

For Increases and Reductions to Projectile Speed also apply to Damage with Bows, does it not apply to bows normally?

It now applies to damage as opposed to only projectile speed. It’s good so long as you take other bow nodes that have projectile speed. PoB should be able to tell you the dps increase if you select that. If it doesn’t show anything, it means it doesn’t add dps for you. It’s either mirage archer, that one, or just skip the mastery and use that passive elsewhere.
~Donkster5
Thank you for the great build! It's one of the strongest i ever played (offensively and defensively).

"
Thank you for the great build! It's one of the strongest i ever played (offensively and defensively).

I love to hear that! I haven't played it in a couple leagues, but I may give it a go for league start this time.

I'm a bit bored of my VLS Champ build, which absolutely obliterates the endgame even before the addition of the Crystallized Omniscience amulet. If they don't really nerf Omniscience, that build will be is way OP this league. It has stupid amounts of power on a modest budget up to insane amounts of power on a 50-100 ex budget.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on May 6, 2022, 12:07:06 AM
Greetings Donkster5!

As I have said before, great build. I enjoyed playing it.
It helped me with Arch-Nemesis Achievements.

Please continue to update this for Sentinel.

/thumbsup!
"
Xenmark wrote:
Greetings Donkster5!

/thumbsup!

Thanks bud. I’ll update it for sure but not much is changing due to the whole no nerf/additions league. It’s funny how unpopular TR is at the moment due to streamers not pumping it. EA gets all the glory in this era. Cheap gear ftw.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Xenmark wrote:
Greetings Donkster5!

/thumbsup!

Thanks bud. I’ll update it for sure but not much is changing due to the whole no nerf/additions league. It’s funny how unpopular TR is at the moment due to streamers not pumping it. EA gets all the glory in this era. Cheap gear ftw.

https://pastebin.com/sQeJSQ22 - Updated with changes to the endgame trees
~Donkster5
17 hours in, time for a quick review:

- 17.800 kills.
- 30 deaths.
- Act 10 done. Even killed lots of empowered mobs. Sentinel power: 19.5

Only unusual thing I did was shotcuts to some waypoints in the later acts.

Current level: 58.

Now farming T1 maps for XP. Back to acts, dieing too much.

Tooltip DPS 900 / 1500, each 4-links.
Resistances: Awful. Chance to evade: 65% (Grace Aura mainly)

Chaos orbs spent for gear so far: 3.

Uniques: none

Sentinel mobs were hard but doable at equal level as me yesterday pre-nerf.

Lots of room for optimization still.

Incedible build.

Thank you, Donkster5!

[edit] no more maps, back to BA
Last edited by Juxx2013 on May 15, 2022, 7:08:30 AM
"
Juxx2013 wrote:
17 hours in, time for a quick review:

- 17.800 kills.
- 30 deaths.
- Act 10 done. Even killed lots of empowered mobs. Sentinel power: 19.5

Only unusual thing I did was shotcuts to some waypoints in the later acts.

Current level: 58.

Now farming T1 maps for XP. Back to acts, dieing too much.

Tooltip DPS 900 / 1500, each 4-links.
Resistances: Awful. Chance to evade: 65% (Grace Aura mainly)

Chaos orbs spent for gear so far: 3.

Uniques: none

Sentinel mobs were hard but doable at equal level as me yesterday pre-nerf.

Lots of room for optimization still.

Incedible build.

Thank you, Donkster5!

[edit] no more maps, back to BA

You were in maps with four links at level 58? Lol, that's incredible... and I'm not surprised you were dying. Gotta gear up and level up a bit :) Well done, regardless!
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info