[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

Nice guides, i enjoy your builds. Thank you for updating them.
Last edited by Escuadra on Jan 30, 2022, 5:50:35 AM
"
Escuadra wrote:
Nice guides, i enjoy your builds. Thank you for updating them.

You're welcome. I have made minor changes to the PoB for 3.17 and updated the front page. More changes are incoming, but without PoB Fork being updated yet, this is the best I could do.
~Donkster5
"
FedeS wrote:
I find this build very interesting to start 3.17 with because I am a noob with no hands, and need something really tanky. On the other hand, TR damage worries me for old and new end-game bosses.

So I'm between this build and Explosive Arrow ballistas which should be less tanky but the skill was buffed (and it seems will be meta this league).

I'm talking about this build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2kLVUbzy-c

How the damage of this build compares with the EA one? Thanks in advance for any input.

EDIT: just saw the EA ballista is a witch, not duelist, my bad. So maybe both builds can't be really compared.

Hey, both builds are pretty similar in the sense of ballista totems and a dps slight dps delay. EAs delay is a bit longer due to fuses... you could roll a EA Champ as well to make it super tanky. I'm not sure what that would do to the DPS. Beware the EA push though, it may be amazing, but it may be a big noob trap. We know that TR is solid. It does cost quite a bit though to scale at endgame, but that's true for most things. The overall nerf to endgame DPS should be less than 10% after taking into account bow changes, etc. Still should be meta, but we'll see.

Whatever you choose, enjoy 3.17, and feel free to stop by the Paddock (discord) sometime.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Feb 3, 2022, 11:12:46 PM
"
Malthaelissa wrote:
Warning! English translate text

My first test of this build was during scssf delirium event after torture with my favourite summoner witch build. I was so impressed so desided to try hcssf 90 lvl / 4 lab - second hc attempt after sc years in poe. Dead 89 (lol) in Jun research mission t10 (knew it was dangerous, timer forced me to run into large pack of mobs with syndicate members), and only 2 lab trials / offerings.
Even without goal attainment I wander how far sc player can go with this build! I like ssf, but previous league attempts were limited by low damage or low defence (hate deaths) in ssf gear in endgame. After transition to scssf (with maps/resources/delve progress from few old leagues) 89lvl char with 2 5-links 19lvl gems (tr 21 with Tora in research and vaal orb) , no quality, no uniques or clusters, was able to farm delve 160 depth 83mlvl - enough damage but dangerous.
My verdict: amazing ssf league starter for players who loves summoner/totem play style.

Last leagues had no much time for poe, so have few questions:
1. Ailment avoidance. Ailments are annoying. Craft on gloves/helms still viable? Dont see this option on crafting bench, only hybrid stat/1ailment
2. New (TR) nerfs. Not critical, or am I wrong? Waiting new league, have great ssf plans with your build)

P.S: was unlucky in 19 3-fossil/annul bow craft on 84ilvl base (found in ssf stash). Crafted final version 2k alt/regal, got dot multi 2 suffix, bench cannot roll attack, besriary suffix to prefix (successful), multimod.

Hey. Thank you for sharing! You're right, it looks like they removed ailment immunity craft. Consider running Purity of Elements or speccing into the Crystal Skin notable. New TR nerfs should not steer you away from playing TR. Less than 10% at endgame for what was the strongest Bow Skill in the game... its still probably the strongest bow skill in the game.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
Consider running Purity of Elements or speccing into the Crystal Skin notable.

I think Purity of Elements for start is solid choice. For my scssf start I choose progression:
1 heavy aura Purity of Elements + Vaal Clarity & Vitality whith better QoL but less damage
2 heavy auras Purity of Elements + Malevolence (36% reserved each after mana mastery without Enlighten) with some mana issues.

Only after grinding/crafting good gear with enough ailment avoidance for immunity Crystal Skin variant viable. After Enlighten lucky drop 2 auras variant with immunity will become more comfortable, enabling damage + defensive (Grace, Determination) endgame bossing setup (on sc red maps in trash gear I didnt see the need of using them, ailments were much more dangerous)

Perfect plans! All problems solved, waiting league start. Thank you for supporting this guide!
Last edited by Malthaelissa on Feb 4, 2022, 3:27:39 AM
Thanks so much !!!
Thank you for this great build. I enjoyed playing it. /thumbsup
Any chance of updating the PoB for 3.17?
Hi! New player. I'm wondering why do we want to use lifetap on the selfcast, won't that kill us? I'm following the notes in the pob and what's written here. Maybe I'm missing a gem that I should be using?
"
hulduet wrote:
Hi! New player. I'm wondering why do we want to use lifetap on the selfcast, won't that kill us? I'm following the notes in the pob and what's written here. Maybe I'm missing a gem that I should be using?

I'd assume after turning on auras, you'd have low mana. Wouldn't be enough to set off your attack skills and you'd be waiting for mana regen or have to put into leech. That and some added damage.

Current cost is 92 life. You have 141 life regen/175 life leech.

Mana cost would be 30. Not sure what auras you are using. But you'd be running less auras without Lifetap.

If you ran them all without Lifetap, you probably don't have enough mana to use a movement or attack skill.
Last edited by chrischoi on Mar 12, 2022, 6:25:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info