[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

Have invested about 3ex into the build so far, looking okay-ish going into red maps, but damage feels very sluggish (been switching between Determination and Malevolence depending if damage feels lacking, but it's still not enough).

Struggling to find out what to upgrade next besides the quiver and gloves, but I feel I need more than that to make T16 comfortable. Am only level 82 so I can still grab a few damage nodes, but aside from that, not sure what to do next.
"
WvrLight wrote:
Have invested about 3ex into the build so far, looking okay-ish going into red maps, but damage feels very sluggish (been switching between Determination and Malevolence depending if damage feels lacking, but it's still not enough).

Struggling to find out what to upgrade next besides the quiver and gloves, but I feel I need more than that to make T16 comfortable. Am only level 82 so I can still grab a few damage nodes, but aside from that, not sure what to do next.

Drop a PoB link and I'll look at it. If you don't do PoB, link your gear here.
~Donkster5
Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/WTWUMSc3

Will try to get some more currency through league mechanics in low red maps, currently lacking both defense and dps for bosses in T14 above.

Upgrades being looked at:
- DoT + attack speed quiver (1 ex)
- DoT + attack speed gloves (2 ex)
- 1.7 APS +3 bow (~4 ex)
"
WvrLight wrote:
Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/WTWUMSc3

Will try to get some more currency through league mechanics in low red maps, currently lacking both defense and dps for bosses in T14 above.

Upgrades being looked at:
- DoT + attack speed quiver (1 ex)
- DoT + attack speed gloves (2 ex)
- 1.7 APS +3 bow (~4 ex)

Hey, I just took a look. If you haven't already made a decision, I'd say the first order of business is getting a +3 bow with better AS. That is a big multiplier.

Following that, feel free to slam ichor and exarch orbs on your gloves, chest, etc, in order to get some good implicits on them. You have end up with something as good or better than you can get with the conquerer influenced items.

You've reached the incremental inceases phase, but each increase should feel meaningful.
~Donkster5
Hey Donkster. I made this build two leagues ago back in 3.16 and had a blast had to skip 3.17. Coming back to 3.18 I'm going to somewhat follow your build with a few caveats. I'm gonna make it more Lightee in self-cast TR with support totems. Best way to go about doing this for 3.18?
Is there any options for uniques to consider?
"
Roulce wrote:
Hey Donkster. I made this build two leagues ago back in 3.16 and had a blast had to skip 3.17. Coming back to 3.18 I'm going to somewhat follow your build with a few caveats. I'm gonna make it more Lightee in self-cast TR with support totems. Best way to go about doing this for 3.18?

Quill Rain can basically carry you to endgame. Scorpions Call is actually really decent if you run Flesh&Stone. TR is kind of bland with Uniques, hence why it was so meta for a long time… doesn’t need them.
~Donkster5
"
Roulce wrote:

Nice! I’d say disregard pathing into panopticon and use those passives elsewhere. Use Mutliple totems and withering touch on your totems. You won’t get LGoH so remove that entirely. You put hextouch - despair on the totems until/in place of a ring. If you go clusters, you might still want a totem medium cluster as it has some nice QoL on it with hinder, etc.

If you need more thoughts, find me in my discord and we can PoB it out a bit.
~Donkster5
Build is going good so far. Gear is still pretty janky/cheap but I'm into T16's now, focusing mostly on ballista aspect, and though single target is still struggling at times it's good enough to take down conquerors, etc. as long as the mods aren't too crazy and you're patient. Admittedly I still find myself running out of mana quite often in boss encounters. Running clarity and/or swapping in lifetap support does help, but obviously you have to sacrifice something (DPS, etc.) in leu of these. Otherwise it's a great budget build and will stick with it while I farm currency. Next step seems to be crafting a good bow. Might swap to a bigger/better LS build later to tackle stuff like 30 wave simulacrum, etc. but for now this is more than adequate. Good work & thanks again:

Last edited by WarPig17 on May 24, 2022, 1:25:00 AM
Hey man thanks for the great guide. I see most folks pathing away from totems - up and to the right. Is self cast focus with ballista support a preference thing or do you like the totem nodes for a reason? Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info