Spell Totem

Would love to be able to use this support with Discharge. Of course it would have to be able to receive charges from conduit which is another issue.

Take Conduit. Support Discharge with this. Drop totem, build charges and watch mobs get aoe'd.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Totems aren't actually party members, they're allies so you wouldn't get a benefit from conduit.
Totem with summon skeletons is not working as it should.

It is spamming sketelons all the time makin them not able to even fight.
It should only cast them to a cap and then cast when some are dead rather then spamming thm all the time.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Well it is working as it should. It casts every single other spell indiscriminately, curses etc, why shouldn't it with minions. You could have 3 times the number of skeletons anyway.
"
Umbraal wrote:
Well it is working as it should. It casts every single other spell indiscriminately, curses etc, why shouldn't it with minions. You could have 3 times the number of skeletons anyway.

Becouse if it does with skeletons they never atack - it makes your own sumons disappear before they atack even once.Or even before they get atacked.

I found another issue with this suport gem and sumons:

This totem start casting spell in enemy proximity.
A very close proximity irrelevant to actual skill range.
When i tried to use it to get rid of potential corpses in ruins with necromancers it turned out in many situations its not casting even with corps right beneath it , becouse live enemy was too far.( and it wasnt rly far, ; totems detection range is too short).
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Jun 22, 2012, 7:37:16 PM
It'd be interesting if either this worked in a slightly special fashion with auras: since totems are necessarily immobile, it would be interesting if totems drastically decreased the amount of mana reserved instead of increasing it.
I love this game.

I got a lucky drop around mid 30's with this, My primary build is a firestorm build. After using it once I realized its potential. Now personally I think that % based elemental, as in spells, is a but on the weak side. We cannot do 3-12k damage per hit, however elemental weapon bow users can.

Totem is the spell that balanced that out to me, Using the below chest in conjunction with the staff allows for some very nice damage when you take the "allows 1 more totem" passive. Being able to put down 2 of these at a time makes for a reign of fire. I do not know if this was an intended use or not; but it works VERY well at all points of the game that I have used it and I hope that this stays as is in the final (release) build of the game.

Unavailable
Unavailable

As a Side note I saw someone complaining about using skeletons with totem, I would be very sad if they changed it from constantly spawning.
Unavailable
Is the Helm I am using. using this totem makes a constant mobile wall of minions that spawn on top of anything in range; the skeletons DON'T have unit collision with your character, so you can run through them and the mob has to slow down.

I have used this with Frost wall, and while having 2 frost wall totems is amusing, it is impractical because you cannot walk through them, so consequentially you trap yourself with the mobs sometimes. Skele totem is not broken from constantly spawning minions imo, its great and helps me stay alive.

P.S. No the totem doesn't cast portal, that just a convenient slot to put the gem.

Thanks again GGG and whoever was creative enough to implement this, seriously one of the best abilities i have ever had in any game, love it!
Last edited by Bismar7 on Jul 1, 2012, 4:02:31 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Kraide wrote:
It'd be interesting if either this worked in a slightly special fashion with auras: since totems are necessarily immobile, it would be interesting if totems drastically decreased the amount of mana reserved instead of increasing it.
It does - it reduces the amount of mana you reserve by 100%, because the totem reserves mana and you don't. You pay to cast the totem, but don't reserve any mana, so you still have your entire mana orb available as well as the aura, at the cost of the aura being in a static location.
If I have both a Blood Magic support gem and a Totem support gem linked to a skill, does the totem cast from its life? What if I have the Blood Magic keystone?
Both of those cases will result in the totem casting from its life pool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info