Spell Totem

Unavailable
Unavailable

Connecting this to a Spell Skill Gem will create a totem that casts the spell.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Sep 20, 2012, 7:50:34 PM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2022, 4:42:31 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
How often does the totem cast, and does it inherit any stats from the player?
"

says you can have 1 totem up... so I'm assuming it has no cooldown but you can't cast it while one is up.
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
Does anyone know if you can get this gem as quest reward for one of the classes?
"
Tossing wrote:
"

says you can have 1 totem up... so I'm assuming it has no cooldown but you can't cast it while one is up.
If you have to wait until it expires to cast it again, that's bad. You should be able to recast it, and have it destroy the existing totem.
PoE is Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is Torchlight 2
Torchlight 2 is Fate 5
Does this work with auras , like damage auras or other auras ?
hack and slash , all the day :)

Proud beta member since patch 0.9.5!
"
notevenhere wrote:
"
Tossing wrote:
"

If you have to wait until it expires to cast it again, that's bad. You should be able to recast it, and have it destroy the existing totem.

I was the only Alpha member who found and used this gem from level 31 until Chaos. It is not a quest reward; in fact, I suspect it will be one of the rarest supports.

This support increases the number of totems every 6 levels. It inherits all of your stats: it has your cast speed and whatever your damage (among other things) would be if you were casting the linked spell from that location, but it has a mana supply independent of your own.

Like the other Totems, it lasts as long as its health or duration does and you can recast when needed, but it is really expensive. With the gem and other supports I used, it was over 100 the moment I added this gem and, I suspect, would have have been around 200 by the time I reached chaos.
Well, it doubles the mana cost of the skill. If it can cast at least 2 times its mana efficiency is equal to casting it yourself, any casts past that just make it more efficient than doing it yourself, assuming you're okay with the AI targeting.
Last edited by AlienFromBeyond on May 9, 2012, 1:24:04 PM
"I was the only Alpha member who found and used this gem from level 31 until Chaos. It is not a quest reward; in fact, I suspect it will be one of the rarest supports."

How do they expect us to test these? Really need a gem vendor for beta testers. Especially a skill like this that could easily be OP, and no one will know till release.
"
The_Dude wrote:
"I was the only Alpha member who found and used this gem from level 31 until Chaos. It is not a quest reward; in fact, I suspect it will be one of the rarest supports."

How do they expect us to test these? Really need a gem vendor for beta testers. Especially a skill like this that could easily be OP, and no one will know till release.

It is likely that most of the people who find it will be skilled enough to abuse it or will trade it away to someone who can... I for instance, found it in Chaos and started a new character just so I could try it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info