Spell Totem

Please make Spelltotem able to cast a channeling skill and have other linked skills(not casted by the totem) triggered by the cast while channelling skillgem.

Right now all other linked skills are just marked with the T FOR TOTEM and nothing happens while the totem is channeling.

Why is there no individual checkup if there is a skill linked but not used by the totem gem and free for cast while channelling?

:-(
Last edited by Amahr on Dec 16, 2016, 4:25:41 PM
Spell Totem + Any Golem = Totem.
I think it must cant cast. It like a bug.
Pls check it, thank.
Would it be high time to exclude the damage penalty on spell totem when it comes to minions.

Back when srs limit was 50 it was in balance with self cast and on totems.

On selfcast you would have less srs but they did more dmg compared to totems because the spell totem damage penalty, on the other hand it was compensated by the fact that you would have at or close to the 50 srs minion cap when summoning them with totems.

However now that the cap is 20 srs minions it penalizes spell totem srs summoning playstyle even more maybe this was just an oversight?
"
Would it be high time to exclude the damage penalty on spell totem when it comes to minions.

Totally agree on that, especially since there is no way to fix that damage reduction with any passives as you can when it comes to spells.
Is there any way to still use MTX on a spell totem hungry loop? I bought one of your sweet looking spell totem skins, and I can't apply it to my spell totem I fed to a hungry loop.

:(
"
Is there any way to still use MTX on a spell totem hungry loop? I bought one of your sweet looking spell totem skins, and I can't apply it to my spell totem I fed to a hungry loop.

:(

Skill gem MTXes apply to skill gems. If a skill does not come from a gem, it can not have an MTX applied to it.

GGG have said that they would like to change this at some point, but right now it's low priority.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 6, 2018, 2:34:26 AM
So after seeing all the vaal skill updates i thought now would be the perfect time to change how vaal skills works with spell totems.

Lets say you have vaal arc on a totem. How it works now: you summon the totem and it uses the spell once if you have a charge for it then its just sitting there doing nothing.

This is kind of a pain if you're playing Hierophant that have 4+ totems, if you summon a vaal arc totem when you have 4 normal totems up it will replase one of them and if you want the normal arc totem back after the vaal totem attacks once you have to put down 4 new totems (replasing all 3 arc totems before the vaal arc one)

Now i tought of some ways to make this a bit less clunky,

First just have one (maybe newest) totem thats already down cast the vaal skill when you press the hotkey

or

When you plase down a vaal arc totem it will use the vaal skill then start useing the normal skill (since it's already on the same gem)

or the best one of them all:

If you have a totem out when pressing your vaal skill it will cast the skill from the totem closest to the mouse cursor, and if you dont have one out it will summon a totem that casts the vaal skill then starts casting the normal skill. (thanks for that one SimulatedBobz)

i feel like all of those options would make playing with vaal skills and totems a lot more enjoyable.

Toughts ?
Last edited by Kobool on May 29, 2018, 12:34:33 PM
"
Kobool wrote:
So after seeing all the vaal skill updates i thought now would be the perfect time to change how vaal skills works with spell totems.

Lets say you have vaal arc on a totem. How it works now: you summon the totem and it uses the spell once if you have a charge for it then its just sitting there doing nothing.

This is kind of a pain if you're playing Hierophant that have 4+ totems, if you summon a vaal arc totem when you have 4 normal totems up it will replase one of them and if you want the normal arc totem back after the vaal totem attacks once you have to put down 4 new totems (replasing all 3 arc totems before the vaal arc one)

Now i tought of some ways to make this a bit less clunky,

First just have one (maybe newest) totem thats already down cast the vaal skill when you press the hotkey

or

When you plase down a vaal arc totem it will use the vaal skill then start useing the normal skill (since it's already on the same gem)

or the best one of them all:

If you have a totem out when pressing your vaal skill it will cast the skill from the totem closest to the mouse cursor, and if you dont have one out it will summon a totem that casts the vaal skill then starts casting the normal skill. (thanks for that one SimulatedBobz)

i feel like all of those options would make playing with vaal skills and totems a lot more enjoyable.

Toughts ?

I came here literally to post the same.
I got excited with the new changes to the vaal skills on recent update, only to be frustrated on seeing how they work with totems.

Vaal skills interaction with spell totems should be revised, it doesn't work as it is right now.
The damage you waste rotating the idle totem once it's done casting the vaal skill simply isn't worth it, the dps is WAY better if you just summon a totem that casts the regular version of the skill.

PLEASE GGG, fix this.
Make the totem cast the normal skill once it's done casting the vaal version.
First of all, I second the vaal post. It doesn't work well enough to be usefull.

Additionally, I must say, that spell totem support with hierophant is that strong that it doesn't make much sense to play the same skill casted manually.
I tried flameblast it with flameblast (aka Pizza sticks) and it is hillarious. There are builds around other skills cast by spell totems (e.g., glacial cascade, bladefall...) that are similar strong.

If this is intentionally, I would recommend to not ballance around spell totems at least.

However, my experience from playing many ARPG is that any skill that can be auto-casted while moving freely at the same time easily outranges anything else that can be casted only when stopping moving. The reason is that free movement is the strongest skill of them all.

Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Is this a bug with the Spell Totem. I am playing in the "Delve League" and have a "Tabula Rasa" with the following gems:

Freezing Pulse
Iron Will
Spell Totem Support
Faster Casting Support
Frost Bite
Curse on Hit Support

The "Curse on Hit Support" does not curse the "Frost Bite" when "Freezing Pulse" hits from the "Spell Totem". I tested the "Curse on Hit", "Frost Bite" and "Freezing Pulse" but it doesn't work when used with "Spell Totem".

It there a bug somewhere or is this just not supported with "Spell Totem"?

BL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info