Trap

That is due to the Multiple Traps Support. Words.
ah, thanks
1.) How does the Trap support target enemies if it is triggered through Sunblast? I have had very inconsistent targeting for it with projectiles, which is a disappointment... I recently wanted to make a Lightning Warp + Trap build and find it nearly impossible. I understand the LW has to travel a certain distance, but it could hit targets and it just teleports to an empty corner...

2.) Why is the cooldown for traps via the support gem 4 seconds, when Fire/Bear Trap is 3 and Lightning Trap is 2? Just curious why it could not also have a 2-3 second cooldown so as to be a main source of damage?

3.) Why do the trap passives give "Can set up to 1 additional trap" instead of giving "Can store up to 1 additional trap"? To me, setting more traps is irrelevant to just about every trapper, while the stock that you have is important. Perhaps just reducing stock cooldown would work too.

I would love some clarification on those points. I really like traps and using the trap support opens up so many possibilities, but it is underwhelming at this point and can only be used as a utility skill, not a main skill.

For anyone that has a custom unique in-queue, make something that reduces trap cooldown and gives "You leech % damage dealt by traps you place..." Please....
Guild: [BLÍSS] Brothers w/o Banners - Rank: Officer
Standard IGN: sowen_deashot
Standard Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/530290
Herald of Thorns Build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1240012
Sorry if this info is available somewhere else, but do minions get bonus damage from trap skill gem when you snapshot them? I.e zombies with trap, remote mine and other 3 gems - would they get both trap and remote mine multipliers?
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I was wondering why Trap doesn't work with Spectral Throw or Vaal Spectral Throw. I can understand why it doesn't work with melee skills, or with general attack skills unless you have a ranged weapon equipped, but ST is defined as a projectile skill, even though you need to have a melee weapon equipped to use it. I found the Deerstalker boots, and wanted to try using Vaal ST in them to drop ST traps in the middle of mobs, but was rather disappointed to find that it wasn't possible.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Is it true that ranged projectile attacks supported by trap get the point blank passive bonus applied from the location of the trap itself?
Similarly, will Chin Sol's 100% more damage at close range function the same with traps?
While digging around for some build ideas, I've found conflicting opinions on the topic.

For example, will a burning arrow trap chucked across the screen at a monster's feet get the 50% more damage bonus from Point Blank?

Or does point blank no longer apply at all since a trap is not an attack?
Last edited by boof on May 8, 2014, 9:25:47 PM
It's still an Attack all the same; the Trap uses said Attack.

There's four main types of Damage: Attack, Spell, DoT, and 'secondary'. Anything else is a subtype. An Attack can be Melee Physical Attack Damage, IB's explosion is secondary Fire Damage. If you use Stormcloud and link Rain of Arrows to Trap, Mine and Totem Supports, you deal Lightning Elemental Projectile Trap Mine Totem Attack Damage.

PB checks from where the Attack was made (based on time, not distance), and the Trap used said Attack.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 8, 2014, 9:43:44 PM
thanks
"
sowen wrote:
1.) How does the Trap support target enemies if it is triggered through Sunblast?
The same way it does without Sunblast, Sunblast doesn't do anything to trap targeting. Traps have a trigger range within which they can detect enemies, and will trigger on that enemy if one if detected. Sunblast adds another way to trigger traps, it doesn't change anything about their targeting. If you're using traps with targeted skills, then Sunblast isn't particularly useful, since if something's close enough to be targeted the trap would have gone off anyway.

"
sowen wrote:
3.) Why do the trap passives give "Can set up to 1 additional trap" instead of giving "Can store up to 1 additional trap"?
Because we can do that.

"
sowen wrote:
For anyone that has a custom unique in-queue, make something that reduces trap cooldown and gives "You leech % damage dealt by traps you place..." Please....
I suspect you won't get that without a downside at least as powerful as you also taking the reflected damage that would hit traps.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 9, 2014, 12:28:08 AM
i think the dev need to know that players usually play trap not as their name suggest but more like "grenades" where u continuously lob at enemies

traps may have high burst damage
but on the long run they are extremely weak when other forms of skills can be spammed with ease while trappers have to contend with a real annoying 1s cooldown.

this is VERY noticable in party play or against a high hp boss when a trapper exhaust all their stored traps and their dps becomes nonexistent while the other members can continue to spam skills with ease.

i really believe traps need a buff (for trapper play), trappers can negate reflect but they do not have leech, this is a benefit/drwaback by itself

even if there is a way to reduce the cooldown by 10-20% or increase stored traps by 1-2 through a keystone/unique it would be real boon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info