Bear Trap

deleted
Last edited by Zindax on May 3, 2013, 2:01:05 AM
"
sharpacid wrote:
Thanks for the reply. The skill is currently level 10 and it holds unique mobs for less than a second on Cruel difficulty. I read that people mostly use it for holding down unique mobs... does it get better at higher levels? Right now, it seems to be a waste of a skill slot.

link bear trap to added duration if you want to maximize its CC potential. My bear traps hold high level rare and unique mobs for a good long while.
Hey...is this thing on?
Can anyone confirm that global crit chance % Mods and global crit % damage will work for Bear Trap? I know spell crit chance/damage doesn't work for bear trap.
Current best dueler: SlowAndSteadyFisting
bear trap, a spirit bear comes out and his teeth grip the enemy enough said lol
So I noticed that with Bear Trap, you get 3 different tooltips.
I understand that DPS may vary depending on what factors are being taken into account - but shouldnt the raw damage numbers stay the same?

Here's what I mean (screenshot)
Spoiler

Here's the skilltree

Tried the same thing with only white boots equipped (for the gem) showed the same numbers.
So no increased damage modifiers could influence the tooltips.
The character sheet is bugged and applies Spell Damage to Bear Trap, even though it doesn't deal Spell Damage. The Skill Tooltip should show the correct damage. Not sure what's the difference between it and the gem tooltip though.

Edit@Soul: Ohrightduh.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 13, 2013, 7:23:02 PM
gem itself's hover is absolute base values with no calculations on them.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
gem itself's hover is absolute base values with no calculations on them.

But what IS being calculated then?
Ther are no damage-nodes taken, and neither are any increased damage items equipped...
bear trap has a damage modifier of 150%. that means during any calculation step, times damage by 1.5
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
bear trap has a damage modifier of 150%. that means during any calculation step, times damage by 1.5

Does damage effectiveness really apply to a spells very own base damage? Now that would be pretty odd.
However it would explain the difference between Gem tooltip and actionbar tooltip (in the screenshot at least, ingame with higher level skill gems it seems to no longer work).
The character-window tooltip is still way off though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info