0.9.9 Patch Notes

*drool*

zombie mode activate!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

I believe this was said many times regarding the fusing randomness:

The too high cost and randomness can easily cause players to abandon the game. It is a really really unnerving experience to lose so many fusings. Some people might even call it a trauma.

Many players play for fun, and feeling like this can easily cause them to stop playing, maybe not even come back again. It doesn't help when they see other people's blind luck with no work involved.

Mitigating the risk, even at a much higher up-front cost of anything, could lead to a healthier game experience in my opinion.

There is no need for examples, you saw enough in other feedbacks. But I feel it's important to have as many voices heard in this regard as possible.

There is one catch though.
Do enough players realize, that once they got a decent roll in anything they should start rerolling on another item? I have the smarts to save a "good enough" item, and start the terrible gambling on another, but how many other players know this?
Could this be something that causes unnecessary fustration for players?
How many people fall into this trap?
How could this be conveyed to players?

I don't know if this has been investigated before, but if it haven't, I feel it should be.

All this said, I really love what a great game you are making. I have some hard feelings with the fun factor between melee and ranged playstyles, but I will do a proper feedback on this once I made proper testing on the new patch.

Thank you for your time.
"
szoltomi wrote:

The too high cost and randomness can easily cause players to abandon the game. It is a really really unnerving experience to lose so many fusings. Some people might even call it a trauma.

Many players play for fun, and feeling like this can easily cause them to stop playing, maybe not even come back again. It doesn't help when they see other people's blind luck with no work involved.

Mitigating the risk, even at a much higher up-front cost of anything, could lead to a healthier game experience in my opinion.

There is no need for examples, you saw enough in other feedbacks. But I feel it's important to have as many voices heard in this regard as possible.

Do enough players realize, that once they got a decent roll in anything they should start rerolling on another item? I have the smarts to save a "good enough" item, and start the terrible gambling on another, but how many other players know this?

I don't know if this has been investigated before, but if it haven't, I feel it should be.

All this said, I really love what a great game you are making. I have some hard feelings with the fun factor between melee and ranged playstyles, but I will do a proper feedback on this once I made proper testing on the new patch.

Thank you for your time.

I don't think the game needs to cater to stupid people. I think my favorite thing in this game is that it punishes people for making dumb decisions.
Last edited by thepmrc on May 8, 2012, 7:08:18 PM
"
szoltomi wrote:

Thank you for your time.

You'd be better off posting this in the feedback section. This is the announcement thread for the new patch notes and isn't really a great place to get into this sort of discussion.
Seriously... all this talk of fusings is a moot point - the devs have stated why they did it this way, and I doubt they'll be changing their mind any time soon. Let's just go back to waiting for the new patch with bated breath.

I like the current system.. 6 link items are supposed to be the highest tier of loot in the game, and as such shouldn't be easy to craft by yourself.
I've got a kitten here, and I swear by all the gods of darkness that I will start chopping bits of its tail off till the patch is deployed. Hurry devs, save this poor kitty.
"
szoltomi wrote:

Thank you for your time.

I think I have a good idea for the fun in game, have u seen one mod called median xl (diablo 2 mod)?
A good part of this mod is based on CTC (chance to cast) some skill or spell. When u hit a mob, u have for example 30% chance to cast javelin nova to hit nearby enemies doing a % of weap dmg.
This is a good point and at end game, could be a awesome alternative for all classes, especialy melee.
Just add a loading tip :

"Fusing orbs aren't designed to provide 6-linked items, try at your own risk".

People are just wrong about fusing orbs. It took me about 5 fusing orbs to realize that I will never try to get anything more than 4 link with them.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
ola562000 wrote:
... I don't know the numbers you have on paper, but 5 Links ARE cripplingly hard to get. I literally have spent over 400 fusings and got a 4 link 4 times, 3 link many times and 0 5 links and 0 6 links.

There needs to be a better way to progress when it comes to links, or at least a better way to obtain fusings.

the better way to get 5 or 6 linked items is to TRADE

however ... in order to make this useful and safe for players they need to quicksmart implement some form of:

* player to player trading panel (which i hear they are)

* a price based item selling thingamy (not an auction specifically but more of a commodities exchange so you can buy orbs such as fusing in bulk, or buy linked items for a nominated price. ie. if you knew you need 2GCP for that 5L armor then you can figure out how to achieve that)

the system that balances the frustration with the orb randomness is already in the game. it's just currently poorly supported.

"

Many players play for fun, and feeling like this can easily cause them to stop playing, maybe not even come back again.

"
People use this crazy “internet” to talk about video games. Some people talk about the market for the games, some talk about the games, some even talk about game systems and game mechanics. Many of the best games have demanding learning curves. StarCraft? That’s one of those games. Call of Duty? Eh, sure. For the sake of an example, we’ll consider it valid. As we’ve been discovering during the last half-century, man’s inherent curiosity also lends itself to electronic rule sets. It’s our competitive nature. We don’t care if it’s other people or whether it’s computer code. We want to examine it, we want to learn it, and we want to get the better of it. We want to win.

Some pursue their goals more passionately than others. Thus, “I play for fun” was born, and we were all dumber for hearing it. It’s an excuse that would never be tolerated in any other form of recreation and only gets a free pass because “it’s video gamez lol why are you takign this so seriously??”

http://www.the-ghetto.org/content/i-play-for-fun-the-four-dumbest-words-in-video-games
I be that potion mixin', spell castin', dragon ridin' wizard. Got a 3 foot hat with a 6 foot beard, and it's only gettin' bigger. Put a staff up in my hand, and I'll shrink you down to size. All I need is a tail of a newt and some platypus eyes.
Last edited by WizardLife on May 8, 2012, 7:20:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info