0.9.9 Patch Notes

"
xmagro wrote:
This is exactly what should be done, you described perfectly the sense of crafting and orbs, once more "perfect."

Just one thing, many orbs are in the example =)

Glad you have nothing to do with this games development!

"
ola562000 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Don't expect a change to the Fusing orb stuff any time soon, we are pretty happy with how that's currently working. High variance item mechanics are a key design choice! It's pretty easy to get four linked sockets. It's not cripplingly hard to get five linked sockets. Six is overkill and designed to be very rare. I want there to be something for players to strive for in the long term.

I don't know about that. I understand I did not take part in developing the game and I don't know the numbers you have on paper, but 5 Links ARE cripplingly hard to get. I literally have spent over 400 fusings and got a 4 link 4 times, 3 link many times and 0 5 links and 0 6 links.

There needs to be a better way to progress when it comes to links, or at least a better way to obtain fusings. I really just gave up on the beta because I felt I was getting no where once I hit 60. Then grinded out to 72 hoping to get better gear and feel a sense of progression but it just went flat from there.

Or not...

Considering there is no content above level 60 in the beta why are you surprised that you hit a wall?
Do you feel that as a player you are entitled to the best items if you simply invest X amount of time? Once again I am glad you have nothing to do with the development of this game.
Last edited by thepmrc on May 8, 2012, 6:18:44 PM
"
thepmrc wrote:

Or not...

Considering there is no content above level 60 in the beta why are you surprised that you hit a wall?
Do you feel that as a player you are entitled to the best items if you simply invest X amount of time? Once again I am glad you have nothing to do with the development of this game.

Derp, I responded to CHRIS, are you chris? no. Also I'm talking about FUSINGS....i repeat, FUSINGS. Maybe you should learn to read the post better.
wow...insane changes to the ai! thats a huuuuge list, should be an unpleasant surprise lol, cant wait and keep up the solid pregression.
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
xmagro wrote:
This is exactly what should be done, you described perfectly the sense of crafting and orbs, once more "perfect."

Just one thing, many orbs are in the example =)

Glad you have nothing to do with this games development!

"
ola562000 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Don't expect a change to the Fusing orb stuff any time soon, we are pretty happy with how that's currently working. High variance item mechanics are a key design choice! It's pretty easy to get four linked sockets. It's not cripplingly hard to get five linked sockets. Six is overkill and designed to be very rare. I want there to be something for players to strive for in the long term.

I don't know about that. I understand I did not take part in developing the game and I don't know the numbers you have on paper, but 5 Links ARE cripplingly hard to get. I literally have spent over 400 fusings and got a 4 link 4 times, 3 link many times and 0 5 links and 0 6 links.

There needs to be a better way to progress when it comes to links, or at least a better way to obtain fusings. I really just gave up on the beta because I felt I was getting no where once I hit 60. Then grinded out to 72 hoping to get better gear and feel a sense of progression but it just went flat from there.

Or not...

Ok,I respect your opinion, so respect mine, and just so you know, I am glad "you" have nothing to do with the development of this game too.
"
ola562000 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Agreed, while I enjoy the RNG overall, the fusing of sockets is way over the top in this game. Drops of 5- and 6-linked weapons are definitely more rare than unique items, that in itself should set off alarms.

I could (almost) understand if the current fusing RNG applied only to the very. last. item. set. you get in the game, but not accross 100 levels.
Last edited by brainsare on May 8, 2012, 6:32:34 PM
"
xmagro wrote:

Ok,I respect your opinion, so respect mine, and just so you know, I am glad "you" have nothing to do with the development of this game too.

You were stating that you felt the game developers were wrong in their stance on the topic. I feel you are wrong, although I do respect your position on the topic, however I also feel it is shortsighted foolishness as do the devs thankfully.

"
Agreed, while I enjoy the RNG overall, the fusing of sockets is way over the top in this game. Drops of 5- and 6-linked weapons are definitely more rare than unique items, that in itself should set off alarms.

Or you are grossly undervaluing said items.
Last edited by thepmrc on May 8, 2012, 6:32:23 PM
Time has slowed to a crawl waiting for the patch. I don't know if i'm going to make it....
I vote this thread go back to being about the patch notes. Not what should or should not be done fits better in the suggestion forum section. Don't really want an incoming patch deployment announcement to be buried under arguing. Just my 2 cents.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
"
Zeshin wrote:
I vote this thread go back to being about the patch notes. Not what should or should not be done fits better in the suggestion forum section. Don't really want an incoming patch deployment announcement to be buried under arguing. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry guys, u are right.
"
xmagro wrote:
"
Zeshin wrote:

Sorry guys, u are right.

Agreed. Sorry that got out of hand. Obviously its a very heated debate topic between two completely different schools of thought.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info