[3.16] Fire Lacerate | Oni-Goroshi | Lacerate Chieftain | 10M+ DPS | Boss Killer | Starter friendly

"
Jayleen wrote:
Hey, so I went Slayer version as a starter this league and everything seems pretty good till now except mana sustain - now that triggers cost mana, CWDT trigger often leaves me OOM which usually means death. Any tips how to fix mana issues? I already use enduring flask and ring with mana leech - no idea what to do next

Be sure that your mana leech is not "% of physical attack damage leeched as mana" but rather generic "% of attack damage leeched as mana". We do 0 physical damage so the 1st mod is useless. Generic attack mana leech only comes in the form of Fuel the Fight on cluster jewels and some mana leech nodes on the ranger/shadow side of the tree. You could anoint one of those, but Fuel the Fight on large clusters is actually really cheap (I found one with Fuel the Fight + Feed the Fury for like 10c).

I'm also running into issues sometimes with the CWDT trigger issue, though I think that's mostly because I still have Ass Mark linked in there since I don't have a curse ring yet (it costs like 46 mana now!). For now I've just kept precision around lvl 10 for a larger mana pool, and Slayer gets a bunch of extra accuracy so it doesn't matter.

Some other things I've noticed so far:

- Getting gloves with the (incursion?) mod % of physical damage converted to fire is nice
- Terminus Est is really strong to use before getting Oni-Goroshi
- As JasonL noted, Thief's Torment is very nice before getting mana/life leech

Last thing, I've been theorycrafting with a rage gain setup that could be good:

- Chains of Emancipation belt
- Shackles of the Wretched with (in this order): Wave of Conviction, Hextouch, Temp Chains, Flammability
- Bloodscent on cluster jewel

When you pop WoC on a boss, you get temp chains on yourself, then immediately lose it when it gets replaced with Flammability. The belt then causes you to jump immediately to max rage, where you're then curse immune. This should allow us to pop berserk reliably on bosses where we can't ramp up rage. Berserk is such an insanely strong buff it just feels bad not being able to use it. Bloodscent is for keeping up rage when we don't use berserk (like during mapping).

I've looked at a lot of different rage gain mechanics, and this method seems the least clunky. Of course, we do lose the belt/glove slot, but I think the life/dps loss is more than made up for by consistent rage and berserk. I hope I can try the combo soon.
Last edited by Fire309 on Jul 30, 2021, 1:26:56 AM
redacted
Last edited by Todesbrot on Jul 30, 2021, 10:57:52 AM
"
jasonl1213 wrote:
"
PCGamer1009 wrote:
Would it be viable to replace the Portal gem with Enduring Cry, and pick up Call to Arms in the tree for instant-use?

You can, just change it depends in your needs as long as it does not affect the core mechanism on the build. Feel free to change some nodes to suit yours.

Do you think or know if it would be viable to switch from the last Ascendency (Arohongui) into Valako to get Endurance Charges and damage while running Enduring Cry for the heal/buff to endurance charges?
par questions

Can i play this build as a ssf?

gonna try to farm Oni..what is the strat? just kill/logout/kill ? are there any builds or best skills for this job?
[BHoD]
Why not use Soul Tether to help with the damage taken from the oni-goroshi?
谢谢 非常棒
Your 3.15 PoB is absolute bullshit mate. You use 3x of the same jewel which 99% of all players would not be able to obtain anyway. Not to mention your gear.

If you put in ACTUAL gear and jewels, you're looking more at about 10 mill dps. Which is still great, but also means theres no reason to put "20M+ DPS" in title and bait people in with that.
Hi, i did start this league with the chieftain build and my concern is, should i change to slayer? is it a bit better? i do have some of the items that wont be the issue, thou i hate doing them all 10 acts again and again.. so should i stick with the chieftain or restart?

I am enjoying your build and i apreciate your work, im a big fan of lacerate myself but i cant do builds on my own, to be properly functional.

"
Fire309 wrote:
I'm probably gonna run this build as my league start, so I've been tinkering around in PoB (updated all flasks/gems etc. to 3.15):

https://pastebin.com/RdP9stHZ

The major change I made was going Slayer instead of Chieftain. Reasons why:

- Same damage or better (if you discount Chieftain's inconsistent Ngamahu's ascendancy buff)
- Same attack speed
- Built in overleech (no need for Offering to Serpent gloves)
- More AoE
- Still 90% conversion to fire with Magmatic strikes (skill tree) and Xophs Blood, and tbh 100% is unnecessary, though we could probably get that too
- (the biggest thing) less reliance on ancestor totems for attack speed

Slayer also has attack leech just like Chieftain.

I also made a no-cluster skill tree for both ascendancies if you want to check those out.

Honestly, the damage nerf is bad, but the build had overkill damage before so it's not a big deal. I'll probably still keep Fortify in the main 6L, the damage loss is only like 8%. Not sure if Melee Physical Damage is a good idea now with its 10% less attack speed, so I changed around the gem setup a little.

This is probably the setup I'll be running, feel free to critique.

Hey mate following your slayer version, how do you deal with mana at higher levels? Im just using an enduring flask but is there a better way?
"
TheMothLord wrote:
Your 3.15 PoB is absolute bullshit mate. You use 3x of the same jewel which 99% of all players would not be able to obtain anyway. Not to mention your gear.

If you put in ACTUAL gear and jewels, you're looking more at about 10 mill dps. Which is still great, but also means theres no reason to put "20M+ DPS" in title and bait people in with that.

LOL Im just showing how far can this build go, I already said similar jewel are so expensive in the jewel section and I prefer going other stats like attributes and attack speed. Go do some reading before criticizing other people's hardwork without any meaningful reasons.

Not to mention I already said I do not have time to update on this build, even if you put phys damage and attack speed jewel it could reach 20M mark. Please, even someone could push much further then my DPS with a rare 2H weapon, does it mean they are faking or what? Try to learn respecting someone. You cant afford those crit multi jewel doesn't mean others cant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info