Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

There's been alot of performance issues for varying types of hardware. The texture streaming might be the main issue for some but there might be various other reasons GGG cant really control. I would like to ask GGG to compile a common troubleshooting guide because Google and Reddit Searches have become so confusing from PoEs inception 8 years ago.

Theres always ppl recommending deleting files in different directories, or using different drivers or chaning game setting to help performance.

I solved the horrible texture issue by doing a clean display driver reinstall, but others might not know this and hardware and hardware driver issues could be a reason ppl have bad performance for the game.

Its nice to see the community help each other but GGG might get better feedback for performance if players actually maintain their PC and GGG meets us halfway and offers an updated troubleshooting guide.
I can drop off some bailing wire, rubber bands, and duct tape. Sounds like you are running low.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Not really sure how there is confusion over this - texture streaming made everyone's nice, new computer, no matter the hardware, feel just as old as the game!
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Improvements to the engine over the last year have had a focus on trying as hard as possible to maintain a stable frame rate, regardless of what is happening. This involves being able to draw a frame even if certain assets aren't loaded yet. The simplest example of this is that if the shader for something isn't loaded yet, then the game doesn't know how to draw it at all, so nothing is drawn. Shaders are given very high priority and so it's quite rare to see something flash into existence, but it can happen occasionally. We feel that this compromise is better than having the whole game client stall until that asset is loaded.

Just as an FYI, in the past, this was every first entry into Blood Aqueducts. I start my ball lightnings, and nothing is shown. But I can watch enemies die for the first 3rd of the zone before one layer of shader loads. Then it quickly gets the rest.

Now, any time I zone into any instance, no matter how many times I have been there, large chonky, flat shader blobs, flat textures. It doesn't last long, but it is rather annoying. Also some zones take a long time to render terrain. Especially in a player heavy area, like heist maps.

For some technicals...
I have run a core i7 940 with 48 gigs of ram for the last few years and had a gtx 970 or this rtx 2070. 4 and 8 gigs of ram respectively.

Not saying the feature isn't doing it's job. Just bringing up an average users experience that can mean a lot when it comes to choosing to play or not.
Instead of steaming everything why not preload more of the immediate surroundings? Seeing evening in playdough like that kind of kill's the emersion.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Will poe 2 have same engine game uses currently ?
fk archnemesis.
Are the textures as optimized as they can be? Are the texture artists utilizing 90-99% of the texture map, using mirrored UV islands where possible, or is there a bit of sloppiness and are we just using massive 512-2048px textures for every asset?

I'm getting crashes quite frequently too, alongside memory leak. Good luck guys.
So invisible shit is officially a feature now. Buckle up everyone, it's going to be downhill from here if that's considered an acceptable design principle, and it's going to be fast.
Still get stutters. I can even say I don't see no blurry textures like other people complain but instead it stutters as it did before.

Also memory leaks became a problem this league for some reason.

BTW I use SSD drive laptop, dedicated AMD/Radeon video card.
At least preload all of boss attacks, its not fun to dodge invisible attacks. And after "improvements" game berely works for me, so they are not "improvements" they are "changes". I remember 10 leagues ago game worked just fine, bun than you made "an improvement".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info