Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

"
Sammael wrote:
"
xX999Xx wrote:
GGG messed up the Game EXPERIENCE for all PC users in hope to "cater" to the 10 year old Hardware PC users.

i have a 10 year old pc and this "upgrade" hurt me in fps and the lagspike more than last league

I think the non SSD faction was the root cause.

MY PC is also very old, but since this league I have big troubles.
"
SuperDrop wrote:
I understand you guys want that weak computer system players could play this game too. but game needs to move forward not backwards, so as old computer users. i admit i have 9 year old computer i have problems to play delirium maps. i jsut dont play them. that breaks the game. chek empyran with his team farming full delirium, it lags so bad maybe it might affect your servers. solid example. i have no grudge against them, i love them.
but jesus fuck could you guys just delete this delirum nosense or remove this fog crap. and oportunity to disable cretain item drop completly from settings so it wont affect our performance.

and texture streaming must be optional from game settings.

thank you for awesome game.

You dont even understand the topic mate!

This change was DUE TO PLAYERS ON STONEAGEHARDWARE.

Even my rig is old, but I never had problems. NOW they created mess, where everyone has problems.

You seriously call this progress?

You seriously mean, move in the right direction and forward? WTH
Texture Streaming is fine but I don't get why the same textures have to be loaded again and again and again... Why will they not be kept in memory until I close the game?
"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:
I understand you guys want that weak computer system players could play this game too. but game needs to move forward not backwards, so as old computer users. i admit i have 9 year old computer i have problems to play delirium maps. i jsut dont play them. that breaks the game. chek empyran with his team farming full delirium, it lags so bad maybe it might affect your servers. solid example. i have no grudge against them, i love them.
but jesus fuck could you guys just delete this delirum nosense or remove this fog crap. and oportunity to disable cretain item drop completly from settings so it wont affect our performance.

Even my rig is old, but I never had problems. NOW they created mess, where everyone has problems.

Seems somone woke up with wrong foot. you dont understand what i mean here.
but as you said. i reply for that,,,, you are selfish.
backwards is what i said for that streaming bs. anyway gl lol
fk archnemesis.
Haven't played a while, but recently I launched the game, fired up a blight map and had like 3 or 4 crashes in a row while doing it. Also, stutters never went away (and I think they got worse, game has micro-stutters on basically any sound load), although texture pop in problem is probably not that visible for me (I have an oc'd 5900x and vega 56).

"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:

My rig is 10 years old,

60 FPS on FullHD, no issues at all with texture streaming, crashes or whatever. I dont even have an SSD.

Since Heist the game is running absolutely perfect in each regard and I want to keep it that way. Before Heist it was a mess, I never want to go back there as that will make me quit.

If players with highend PCs crash or struggle then they are the root of the problem, not users with old rigs.

Fun fact, I am playing the most taxing builds like summoners with 20 minions and have no problems, go figure. :)
Last edited by Ygidua on Jan 29, 2021, 6:07:23 AM
"
Zuzanne wrote:
Good, I support the role of loading screens being... loading assets. I want to wait longer if that means I wont stutter and the game will look pretty once I load.

I'm in for this too! This game is too fast paced for having this kind of lagspikes and jumps up and down of framerate. It's "scary" to suddenly become unable to move or obscured by graphics that doesn't make sense.
Hope this will be solved soon, hate to have to switch game :(
Oohh.. Look at that!
I need to report that I have experienced many crashes since the latest patch 3.13.1.
I never had any problems with PoE for the last 3 years (maybe 3 crashes to desktop?), nor did I have any particular crash problem in 3.13 (I did notice the weird visual artfacts, of course, but there was no crash).

Since 3.13.1, I have had so many crashes to desktop that I lost several time 2 portals in just one map. I died only once in total because of this, so it's not a big deal, but there sure was a spectacular regression for me because of this patch.

The problems seems be caused by sudden large changes on screen: pop a grove, enter a portal, open a Maeven challenge, etc.
It doesnt happen during a map clear, or in the hideout.

I have twi internet connections at home, one very fast but sometimes stuttering, one slower but more stable. I didnt see any difference.

I have a decent computer with Nvidia 1080, SSD, Rizen 7 1800X with 32 GB RAM.
Thank you for the information! :)
GGG pls keep ban bots!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info