[3.13] Cold BV (20M DPS) | Tanky | Zoom-Zoom Mapping | All Content | Maven Challenge 4/4 Done

"
InsaneX3 wrote:
Can this build do 2man hp "The Hidden" with <80ex budget?

I can do 1 man hp comfortably.

For 2 man hp on that budget, you could go full dps. I dont know whether 80ex can cover the multiple 3x crit multi mods jewels. The rest should be easy.

You probably need at least 20m pob dps without setting any mana recently spent.
hi here is my current build -

https://pastebin.com/vi7EgRpU

only thing i do is swap out wise oak (currently am balanced resists) for cinderswallow and my belt for hh when doing trash clears.

Decided to try the build out, making a sorta tankier version. build is great for farming, esp legion, with head hunter just do the rippiest maps possible with insane quant. had to adjust loot filter bigly lol.
im having bossing issues, both my kill speed is slow, and i blow up like a ripe tomato thrown against the wall sometimes. i think the problem is i ran outta currency when fleshing out the build. current goals -

- better life roll on amulet, swap crit from crit chance to crit multi
- get better quiver with multi (Dex roll is blocking me)
- tailwind boots (think this will help not sure?), boots i have otherwise are nice for div flesh build
- better cluster jewels (the ones in listed in the build are pricey as all hell)
- awakened gems/lvl 21 gems (also super pricey)

Im not able to get bladeblast/bladefall to work well. sometimes it tears up bosses, but other times just tickles them. esp elder guardians suck. i think part of the problem is the playstyle, ive never done such a build or even a bv build before, and its very clunky for me, im probably messing it up some. part of it i think is bosses that move a lot or have a lot of immunity phases (like elder guardians , and i bet shaper/uber elder), make bb/bf really crap.

I am wondering what is the best gem setup for bb/bf? because i feel like imay have messed that up too. i added frostbomb + bonechill + coldsnap recently which i think helps a lot.

i still havent added wave of conviction to my body armor because tryin to get that last blue color still. how much do all those links help? im having a hard time prioritizing those, maybe i should swap out hydrosphere or purifying flame for wave?

for maven fights like the feared/twisted, is it worth swapping out assassins mark for snipers mark for sake of flask sustain? im debating just getting rid of phys as chaos from my chest and doing 2nd curse instead because i get 1 shot so easily i dont think that phys as chaos is helping me much.

sorry i know that was a lot but any help is appreciated, thanks!
"
rozakk wrote:
hi here is my current build -

https://pastebin.com/vi7EgRpU

only thing i do is swap out wise oak (currently am balanced resists) for cinderswallow and my belt for hh when doing trash clears.

Decided to try the build out, making a sorta tankier version. build is great for farming, esp legion, with head hunter just do the rippiest maps possible with insane quant. had to adjust loot filter bigly lol.
im having bossing issues, both my kill speed is slow, and i blow up like a ripe tomato thrown against the wall sometimes. i think the problem is i ran outta currency when fleshing out the build. current goals -

- better life roll on amulet, swap crit from crit chance to crit multi
- get better quiver with multi (Dex roll is blocking me)
- tailwind boots (think this will help not sure?), boots i have otherwise are nice for div flesh build
- better cluster jewels (the ones in listed in the build are pricey as all hell)
- awakened gems/lvl 21 gems (also super pricey)

Im not able to get bladeblast/bladefall to work well. sometimes it tears up bosses, but other times just tickles them. esp elder guardians suck. i think part of the problem is the playstyle, ive never done such a build or even a bv build before, and its very clunky for me, im probably messing it up some. part of it i think is bosses that move a lot or have a lot of immunity phases (like elder guardians , and i bet shaper/uber elder), make bb/bf really crap.

I am wondering what is the best gem setup for bb/bf? because i feel like imay have messed that up too. i added frostbomb + bonechill + coldsnap recently which i think helps a lot.

i still havent added wave of conviction to my body armor because tryin to get that last blue color still. how much do all those links help? im having a hard time prioritizing those, maybe i should swap out hydrosphere or purifying flame for wave?

for maven fights like the feared/twisted, is it worth swapping out assassins mark for snipers mark for sake of flask sustain? im debating just getting rid of phys as chaos from my chest and doing 2nd curse instead because i get 1 shot so easily i dont think that phys as chaos is helping me much.

sorry i know that was a lot but any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi your dps is a bit low for smooth bossing. I import your pob and even when setting your mana spent at 4000 and at stage 3 intensify you only have 7m sirus dps. And during fight your intensify is probably not at max stage all the time which makes your dps even lower.

High dps really making bossing a lot easier as you no longer have to deal with a lot of mechanics. Sometimes I can even skip Maven memory game if she is a bit slow to teleport to middle. Guardian and conquerors even with ally helping are totally jokes.

I suggest you to click on "calc" in pob and figure out where are you missing (more% increase% etc) in term of dps. I have sold some of my gears and are using totally scuffed gears and still have 12m sirus dps (which is enough for me to do all bosses deathless comfortably).

At your level of investment you should aim at 20m BV dps really in POB.
hi thanks for the reply, yes i am lacking in multiple areas i think but not sure where to start first - do you have any suggestions? i recently swap out lvl 20 bv for lvl 21 so that should give some boost there but i am not sure what to do next - my cold pen may be too much now and i dont need blanketed snow and should get vengeful comm + widespread destruction instead?
Sir i see your tree is different from the one that pob posted. Is that better?
Seems like the cold BV scion wasn't as popular as the PF version. Had a lot of fun with this build. Tried to min max it and crafted a lot gear myself.

Build is very tanky (56% phys dam reduction with Endurance charges up, Fortify, 45% MOM, 77% all res and 75% chaos res, Berserk, Arcane Cloak, ailment immune on consecrated ground). Shaper slams and Elder ice nova tickle. DPS is very high. Fast mapper.

My profile: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Jonikonas/MissThiccc

I got elevated % of phys damage as extra cold damage boots with an abyssal socket/bottled faith but it's not needed for bosses.

Suggestions are welcome to make the build a bit better.
This looks like a great build, but can you do it as elementalist, or do you need the pathfinder flask nodes from ascendant to keep flasks up? Was thinking you could get a flask gain on crit watcher's eye to make up for the pathfinder flask nodes. Thoughts?
IGN: MrFannyFister

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info