[3.13] Cold BV (20M DPS) | Tanky | Zoom-Zoom Mapping | All Content | Maven Challenge 4/4 Done

hey, wonderful build here, im just wandering if the new base of gloves
(reduced mana + chance if u pay that much mana will be back). could it be practically better to stack indigon (damage) and also some defense in a case it can fullfil insta our mana pull - comparing to the original fingerless base? these are just my thoughts , so will be grateful if u answer!
Thanks for sharing this build, looks very nice. I decided to reroll into bv, and I can fork out about 60ex to start with. Question is, would you suggest this over the pure Pathfinder version, with the additional caveat that I really hate dying and would prefer to go with the tankier of the two, even if the dps is a little lower? Thank you!
"
petervik wrote:
Thanks for sharing this build, looks very nice. I decided to reroll into bv, and I can fork out about 60ex to start with. Question is, would you suggest this over the pure Pathfinder version, with the additional caveat that I really hate dying and would prefer to go with the tankier of the two, even if the dps is a little lower? Thank you!

It depends.

Pathfinder is inherently more tanky as a character because elemental status immunity. Pathfinder cannot be shocked and frozen and Scion version can (unless you give up unique flask slot which does not worth it).

But Pathfinders are usually EO based instead of crit due to lack of points and worse pathing.

Scions are usually crit based. High crit chance and cold damage means most monsters and even bosses like metamoph are constantly being frozen. In that sense Scions feel a lot safer.

I would say Scion is safer in most messy mapping situation due to freeze. Being frozen and shocked is usually not an issue fighting end game bosses as those fights are mechanism based.
Last edited by WWBarb on Feb 9, 2021, 5:45:44 PM
"
WWBarb wrote:
"
petervik wrote:

It depends.

Pathfinder is inherently more tanky as a character because elemental status immunity. Pathfinder cannot be shocked and frozen and Scion version can (unless you give up unique flask slot which does not worth it).

But Pathfinders are usually EO based instead of crit due to lack of points and worse pathing.

Scions are usually crit based. High crit chance and cold damage means most monsters and even bosses like metamoph are constantly being frozen. In that sense Scions feel a lot safer.

I would say Scion is safer in most messy mapping situation due to freeze. Being frozen and shocked is usually not an issue fighting end game bosses as those fights are mechanism based.

Do you lose a lot of survivablility if you go inquisitor instead of heirophant? Inquis ascendancy gives ailment immunity and more ele pen. or is the 8% MoM more useful.

I want to go cold BV but still unsure if I want to play it as PF or Scion...
"
CoffeeMilkTea wrote:
"
WWBarb wrote:
"
petervik wrote:

It depends.

Do you lose a lot of survivablility if you go inquisitor instead of heirophant? Inquis ascendancy gives ailment immunity and more ele pen. or is the 8% MoM more useful.

I want to go cold BV but still unsure if I want to play it as PF or Scion...

inquisitor ailment immunity is not automatic as you will not be mashing bottled faith flask. There need to be consecrated ground.
If you're just mapping, I feel like you'll have perma bottled faith uptime and the 10% chance to create consecrated ground on hit is enough of chance for ailment immunity? Planning to mainly use as a mapper with HH and maybe try some bossing if I get comfortable enough fighting bosses with BV.

Does the Hiero ascendancy with the extra mana and MoM just make the build tankier/safer for bossing? If just for mapping, Inquisitor might be better since it looks like it adds more DPS and the ailment immunity. Scion has the freedom to just switch between the 2. Just use some regrets :)

Leaning heavily towards Scion for my MoM Cold BV. Thanks for your guide and POB. the Scion Pathfinder Ascendancy basically has all the good points I want (free flask charges, extra movespeed, life recovery on flask, etc.) and scion has smoother pathing.
Last edited by CoffeeMilkTea on Feb 10, 2021, 3:01:45 PM
If you're just mapping, I feel like you'll have perma bottled faith uptime and the 10% chance to create consecrated ground on hit is enough of chance for ailment immunity? Planning to mainly use as a mapper with HH and maybe try some bossing if I get comfortable enough fighting bosses with BV.

Does the Hiero ascendancy with the extra mana and MoM just make the build tankier/safer for bossing? If just for mapping, Inquisitor might be better since it looks like it adds more DPS and the ailment immunity. Scion has the freedom to just switch between the 2. Just use some regrets :)

Leaning heavily towards Scion for my MoM Cold BV. Thanks for your guide and POB. the Scion Pathfinder Ascendancy basically has all the good points I want (free flask charges, extra movespeed, life recovery on flask, etc.) and scion has smoother pathing.
Last edited by CoffeeMilkTea on Feb 10, 2021, 3:02:36 PM
"
CoffeeMilkTea wrote:

You can certainly try inquisitor and see how it goes. Just a few regret orbs.

I switch flasks a bit and changed my chest/ring. Now sitting at 75% phy reduction once I switch quicksilver for basalt flask when bossing. Facetanking all big physical hits!
Which Mod on the Chest is better for Tankyness?
#% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
or
#%physical damage from hits taken as any Element or Chaos Damage
"
CaiusDD wrote:
Which Mod on the Chest is better for Tankyness?
#% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
or
#%physical damage from hits taken as any Element or Chaos Damage

I took the latter one because I don't have a very big mana pool (a bit above 2000 mana) and it is often half-empty due to casting with Indigon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info