[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50-150M

"
H2OBenta wrote:
I'm doing a lot of the content but some bosses (including white maps) are so hard to kill and I think something has gone in the wrong path, can someone help?

Hi H20Benta!

overall your gear is great with 60 virulences, melding of the flesh, ashes of the stars, 100% ailment-immunities.

Your damage is now 6M. That is enough for all maps, but not optimal for some bosses like maven etc. or also when maven regenerate bosses or they have poisonimmunities it could slow down.

With a divergent HoA gem lvl 21 damage would raise to 7M.
Also take in vile toxins instead pierce for bosses.
You should be already extreme tanky - switch out some defences and path to the "redemption" minion-mastery.

Then I guess perhaps you don't reach enough continuous 60 virulences singletarget. Check out the counter in the HoA-buff-icon, it need to count always maximal 60 virulence-stacks.
You have already 67% poisonchance and are able with "serpenetine spellslinger" or better, because you use 2 curses, "whispers of doom" with the cursemastery 20% poisonchance, to switch out the poison-supportgem to spellecho for example.

Or try out, it`s best for bosses:

storm burst - (awakened) cast while channeling (best lvl 5) - anomalous ball-lightnings - (divergent) storm brand/ chance to poison

Last edited by Chromino on Jun 29, 2022, 4:26:13 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
H2OBenta wrote:
I'm doing a lot of the content but some bosses (including white maps) are so hard to kill and I think something has gone in the wrong path, can someone help?

Hi H20Benta!

overall your gear is great with 60 virulences, melding of the flesh, ashes of the stars, 100% ailment-immunities.

Your damage is now 6M. That is enough for all maps, but not optimal for some bosses like maven etc. or also when maven regenerate bosses or they have poisonimmunities it could slow down.

With a divergent HoA gem lvl 21 damage would raise to 7M.
Also take in vile toxins instead pierce for bosses.
You should be already extreme tanky - switch out some defences and path to the "redemption" minion-mastery.

Then I guess perhaps you don't reach enough continuous 60 virulences singletarget. Check out the counter in the HoA-buff-icon, it need to count always maximal 60 virulence-stacks.
You have already 67% poisonchance and are able with "serpenetine spellslinger" or better, because you use 2 curses, "whispers of doom" with the cursemastery 20% poisonchance, to switch out the poison-supportgem to spellecho for example.

Or try out, it`s best for bosses:

storm burst - (awakened) cast while channeling (best lvl 5) - anomalous ball-lightnings - (divergent) storm brand/ chance to poison

Thank you very much for the tips
I will try with the vile toxins and after I get a large jewel with a nom-important node on top I will get +2 points, then I can charge for redemption.
Arachnophilia!

After 3 hot days of testing and trials I added a new generator for crawlervirulences:

An impactfull full-hitting playstyle with a nice mix for full 60-70 virulences is maxed with the links:

storm burst (lvl1)- (awakened) cast while channeling (lvl5) - hydrosphere (lvl1)

Place the hydrosphere on the third link.

The fourth link you can choose yourself from: (divergent) storm brand) / or (anomalous) ball-lightnings / glascial cascade (tanky knockbacks also against unique mobs) / cold snap (feel like caster samuran himself) / wave of conviction / flame rain / winter eye / blazing salvo / and some more cold or lightning skills etc. (all lvl 1)

Try it out when you reached 80%-100% poisonchance in endgame - it's one of the most funny playstyles I experienced and enjoyed.
In maps you get full 60-70 virulences automatic with tempestshield, against bosses singletarget 50 when you add void sphere in your cws-links.

Thanks again to the awesome Valsacar and monik390 for great optimizations!

I also optimized, updated, improved and balanced many pob-trees (before only the final trees were edited and maxed for awesome 88% allresis with the new meta b.i.s. aegis-aurora:

○ some es path into melding of the flesh
○ 100% all elemental-ailments-avoidances and immunities are taken with "arcane guarding" and rare boots for only 2 passive-points in most set-ups (in other trees as variant as different amulet-anoint, or instead reduced ailment-durations, or damage)
○ aul's uprising grace is swapped into aul's uprising determination reserves no mana to invite in the small cluster "sublime form" (instead before "uncompromising") with the most easy resistances for melding of the flesh.

I improved some spoilers page 50 (boss-tips, clusters) and the ranking of watcher-eye mods to max spellblock not flask-depending against the new ueber-bosses in endgame.

Automatical virulences:

https://youtu.be/uf6_thK2JI0

Damage

https://youtu.be/knsX32MXxiA

https://youtu.be/mEGjVDtaaww

Tankyness and damage: Delve Lvl 500 Aul

https://youtu.be/xEPk6NuwPvc

Let it crawl!

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 4, 2022, 5:05:30 PM
Sup, mate.

Great vid, congrats with new PC =)

Very tanky build, seems great =) Have you tried uber bosses?

But ugh, hydrosphere as it is now, actually quite useless, because it gains 1 seconds CD after you hit it once ("Can only be Hit once every 1 second" (c) gem description).

I definitely told it before, but just storm burst + chance to poison is enough, that's why I fit hydro back then, bc it had minimal impact on virulence and boosted spiders quite good.

So you can fit anything to cwc setup as 4th gem, actually. Molten shell, desecrate, offering, curse, whatever =)

And if u do storm burst + chance to poison + cwc + ball lightning - all of it almost instant max virulence on a single target.

Valsacar was able to pull out 60 virulence on 4-link from cyclone with weapon accuracy enchant, just like that (+ chance to poison + cwc + ball lightning), he told me that he stopped switching gems in simulacrums, and he done more than 80 waves 30 this league (more than me in lifetime lol).

Finally, just a reminder - some glove lab enchants can do their work too. As I remember, Commandment of Ire was decent.

Last edited by monik390 on Jul 4, 2022, 12:18:28 PM
"
monik390 wrote:

Valsacar was able to pull out 60 virulence on 4-link from cyclone with weapon accuracy enchant, just like that (+ chance to poison + cwc + ball lightning), he told me that he stopped switching gems in simulacrums, and he done more than 80 waves 30 this league (more than me in lifetime lol).

Finally, just a reminder - some glove lab enchants can do their work too. As I remember, Commandment of Ire was decent.

Yup, I basically only use cyclone now. I did switch back to using storm burst on uber eater, as he requires a lot more mobility. Since storm burst is nearly instant max virulences you can hit him, then move away from his degen balls and hit again keeping yourself at max virulences most of the time.

For any other non-uber content cyclone works perfectly.

I agree with hydrosphere, it was great last league but the nerf really killed it for us. I tried it out at the beginning of the league, just to confirm it doesn't help like it used to. It's still good for other minion builds, as the player isn't attacking, but with us we need to attack to keep up virulences.
"
monik390 wrote:
Sup, mate.

Great vid, congrats with new PC =)

Very tanky build, seems great =) Have you tried uber bosses?

But ugh, hydrosphere as it is now, actually quite useless, because it gains 1 seconds CD after you hit it once ("Can only be Hit once every 1 second" (c) gem description).

I definitely told it before, but just storm burst + chance to poison is enough, that's why I fit hydro back then, bc it had minimal impact on virulence and boosted spiders quite good.

So you can fit anything to cwc setup as 4th gem, actually. Molten shell, desecrate, offering, curse, whatever =)

And if u do storm burst + chance to poison + cwc + ball lightning - all of it almost instant max virulence on a single target.

Hehe, thanks!

And to enjoy the deliriums without lag with the new desktop pc is amazing. Hope it will last 9 years again like my old i5, lol :-)

Yeees, all Uebers are down, only Ueber-Maven is still waiting. Ueber-Exarch was the hard one with this sh+*'# molten minotaurier and flamewave. With frostwalls or phantasms his arena-sequenze is relaxing.

Hydrosphere is not for melee splash and not for damage.

Hydrosphere generates around 20 virulences next to bosses or mobs when you channeled a second stormburst and it reflects the stormbrands/ tempestshield chainings too I guess. Then united with storm brands, runebinder, tempestshield it's around 50, and when void sphere drops up (when you selfcast sniper's mark or spirit offering) you are singletarget close 70 virulences - also when you need to move a lot against the Feared or Ueber Ueber Elder. so it's fine for virulences while moving.

"of ire" enchant must be great - still did not got to try the enchant.

Exactly like you say - in simulacrums against kosis for example cwc with stormburst and ball-lightnings is perfect and most instant 70 virulences!
When you collected 80% poisonchance it's also nice to swap poisonchance-supportgem to stormbrands. Then ball-lightnings procc much less, but the brands generate more continuos virulences while moving.

Storm brands and hydrosphere are great when you don't have much time to channel against the Ueber Searing Exarch or the Feared and need to move.

Of course it's beside also a question of favour - which skill is most fun to play for yourself.

Many love smooth cyclone, the sound and chilling expanding symmetry of ball-lightnings are well done and the action of catching and targeting mobs with hydrosphere is funny too.

How is animate weapon doing as guardian? A very nice old skill.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 4, 2022, 2:50:56 PM
"
Valsacar wrote:
"
monik390 wrote:

Yup, I basically only use cyclone now. I did switch back to using storm burst on uber eater, as he requires a lot more mobility. Since storm burst is nearly instant max virulences you can hit him, then move away from his degen balls and hit again keeping yourself at max virulences most of the time.

For any other non-uber content cyclone works perfectly.

I agree with hydrosphere, it was great last league but the nerf really killed it for us. I tried it out at the beginning of the league, just to confirm it doesn't help like it used to. It's still good for other minion builds, as the player isn't attacking, but with us we need to attack to keep up virulences.

Yeees, cyclone is great too and you automatic dodge so many hits and spells when you cyclone around.
I individually don't like it so much and prefer more stationary facetanking eye to eye, lol ;-) It remember me always to older whirlwind blizzard skills, I prefer personnaly more the casterstyle, hehehe. But it's great for smooth movement etc...

I always try to max it to 60 virulneces singletarget with attackspeed and resolute technique etc., but failed. Singletarget it's not reachable for me. You can scale up your damage so that 45 virulences are enough or take in other minion-passives and clusters, that is more than enough damage for almost all content. I will try on, hehe!

I switched now to selfcasting spirit offering too like you adviced!

I placed it formerly always on the mousecontrol, thats not elegant, on keyboard it's for me much smoother to fit in the sequenze molten shell, anomalous wither, spirit offering.

Hydrosphere is only used for more virulences while moving. It's adding arounbd 20 virulences, so with some other skills and stormbrands you are fast up to 65 virulences singeltarget even when you not channel. And it's much fun in playstyle too.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 4, 2022, 2:42:46 PM
Fiddled around with your build. If you want the SAME damage with more tankiness and ES fit in the flesh and flame jewels with Sanctuary of Thought. The only node I had to drop that was any kind of downside was the 20% avoid ailments. Everything else you can drop is replaced by sanctuary of thought but better. You can add in an anom defiance banner and get 100k armor on your pob which is 2k per block. No difference in damage. 400 more ES. Downside is you will spend about 40ex on the 2 jewels and defiance banner. For rich folks only I guess but figured I would mention it. Very cool build by the way!
I figure I might try this build but go the lazy route and use gravebinders for ease of mapping. I dont mind sitting AFK against a boss for another 20 seconds or so........
"
ZRzAJBlvNx wrote:
Fiddled around with your build. If you want the SAME damage with more tankiness and ES fit in the flesh and flame jewels with Sanctuary of Thought. The only node I had to drop that was any kind of downside was the 20% avoid ailments. Everything else you can drop is replaced by sanctuary of thought but better. You can add in an anom defiance banner and get 100k armor on your pob which is 2k per block. No difference in damage. 400 more ES. Downside is you will spend about 40ex on the 2 jewels and defiance banner. For rich folks only I guess but figured I would mention it. Very cool build by the way!
I figure I might try this build but go the lazy route and use gravebinders for ease of mapping. I dont mind sitting AFK against a boss for another 20 seconds or so........

yeees, sanctuary of thoughts is op and is already noted and guided in the spoiler "jewels and clusters". Because the b.i.s. forbidden combo is often traded also for 200 exalts and more I didn't added them in the default trees. As like mageblood is only mentionend in the belt-variations too. Simply they offer more es than split personalities beside skill-efficiencies and free up passives and make the manamagement more easy, so there are no problems to fit them in.
But soooon I will add the mageblood- and forbidden flame as another tree in the pob too.

Edited: The item-tab and one pob-tree for SoL keystone Ghost dance are added in the pob.

Gravebinders own a very small area of triggering effect and don't procc often- but of course they offer a small bit qol.

Defiance banner is great and perfect fitting - but with tempestshield for fullblock and purity of ice for 88% resistances it's really hard to get a free skillsocket and you need to push out a movementskill or stormbrands or something else.
But it's a great and strong variation and also adviced in the tipps for free sockets.

For automatical lazy damage tempestshield is best and void sphere cws-triggered. Then the crawler already oneshots almost everything in t16 maps and for example atlas-guardians and -conquerors are killed fullgeared without using a single key.

Thank you and let's sting!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 5, 2022, 9:12:17 AM
Hey I'm a bit late to the party, just wanted to ask how I should proceed to boost damage etc. May one of you could have a look into it :)?

https://pastebin.com/2tqjYrPQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info