Path of Building for Mac! 3.24-ready

Just curious if the current one will be working with 3.20 when it comes out? Or if someone was going to update it? I play on Mac and am not super techy, so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!!
Just a heads up - I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and this doesn't seem to work there. I've tried my usual debugging methods (adding lots of `print()` statements and then running PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS/PathOfBuilding in the terminal) but am having trouble.

Right now, there are 2 possible points it may crash:

Crash point 1: TreeTab

In Build.lua, it often crashes right after this line

"
self.treeTab = new("TreeTab", self)

Crash point 2: DrawControls

Also in Build.lua, it often crashes right after this line

"
self:DrawControls(main.viewPort)

Error:

"
libc++abi: terminating with uncaught foreign exception

Likely cause

Given that the crashes aren't in a consistent place in the Lua code, the problem is probably in the C++ code that sets up the Qt environment. I'll debug it more, but no guarantees that this will be ready by league start.
Last edited by arciinus on Dec 7, 2022, 12:33:46 AM
Actually, I fixed it and built a new version! It should now be updated partly for 3.20, but still doesn't have the new gem data. Note that PathOfBuildingCommunity has not released an official release yet - I'll re-release once they do.
The previous version worked beautifully for me but now it does not load at all.
Click icon, one bounce and then it closes without any error messages.

Sadge

Thank you for the work up til now though.
Last edited by scyra_ad on Dec 7, 2022, 12:33:20 PM
"
scyra_ad wrote:
The previous version worked beautifully for me but now it does not load at all.
Click icon, one bounce and then it closes without any error messages.

Sadge

Thank you for the work up til now though.

Take a look at the Help! I have an error post for instructions on how to report (and potentially isolate yourself) the error.
First, thanks for the app. I have been using it without facing problems for a long time.

I had problems running this last version. Any idea how to resolve?

Error:

My system:
Mac Big Sur 11.6.5, Intel, 2017
"
c0nha wrote:
First, thanks for the app. I have been using it without facing problems for a long time.

Error:

My system:

I just uploaded a new version at https://github.com/hsource/pobfrontend/releases/download/v2.21.1/PathOfBuilding.zip - can you check if that works for you? This should bundle in a version of the cURL library.
"
arciinus wrote:
"
c0nha wrote:

Error:

My system:

I just uploaded a new version at https://github.com/hsource/pobfrontend/releases/download/v2.21.1/PathOfBuilding.zip - can you check if that works for you? This should bundle in a version of the cURL library.

I still have the same error, friend.
"
c0nha wrote:
"
arciinus wrote:

I still have the same error, friend.

OK, I just uploaded one more new build. This new build includes the broken library within the app itself. If this one doesn't work (and you still have the same error message), I'm kinda out of ideas, but feel free to try it out.
The error message is a bit different for me on the latest version from github:

The framework libbrotlicommon.1.dylib can't be found

Environment is macOS 12.6 on a Intel Mac if that helps

... a bit later: Manually installing brotli via brew changes the crash a bit, POB crashes without a message afterwards. I'll try the solution from https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/10063 later
Last edited by Rümpdölls on Dec 8, 2022, 3:17:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info