Path of Building for Mac! 3.24-ready

Спасибо вам большое, играю на консоли, компа на винде нет.

Что интересно сбилдить сам сегодня так и не смог, то одна ошибка то другая, возможно потому что я все через brew ставил
Hi im pretty new to this stuff, I successfully got the POB to work! But its not allowing me to import builds, I get error with codes. Theres something im doing wrong? thank to all who made this possible.
This is NOT working on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.2

“PathOfBuilding” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

This item is on the disk image “PathOfBuilding.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 7:49 AM from github-releases.githubusercontent.com.
"
This is NOT working on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.2

“PathOfBuilding” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

This item is on the disk image “PathOfBuilding.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 7:49 AM from github-releases.githubusercontent.com.

Try right clicking the app and pressing Open, and then pressing Open again at the dialog that shows up. If that fails, follow the instructions on this site: Open app on Mac
Wow this is awesome

Edit: The original .dmg works for me, but when I follow the update steps, I start getting this error:

"
PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (error in error handling)

I'm using MacOS 10.15.7, and pulled version d6de1505d84c3c7d5af4a784c170c61a40a0468b from the git repo

Edit 2:

To narrow down what might be causing the error, I tried to update by copying the other way around:

"

cd /Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/
mv MacOS Backup
git clone https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding MacOS
cp -rn Backup MacOS
cd MacOS
# ... keep reverting files until I reproduce the error

When I reverted changes in the Modules/ Folder, the error started showing up. Applying this diff would cause the error to reproduce: https://gist.github.com/tntmarket/18f9cc0531876f9f104b5e0820388a31
Last edited by pliers on Mar 9, 2021, 4:50:20 PM
To be precise, these particular changes cause crashes.

https://gist.github.com/tntmarket/18f9cc0531876f9f104b5e0820388a31#file-errorshappenedafterthesechanges-diff-L8259-L8266

After I've reverted them (by just editing the Main.lua file) everything works fine.
Application is crashing
OMG this is amazing! I play on XBox, and have had to put Bootcamp on my Mac to run POB. But with new Big Sur and other demands, I had to eliminate bootcamp to recoup the disk space.

My biggest regret was losing POB.... thinking I would have to do a WINE or something with it. then I found this! so far apart from cosmetic issues it is working just like on PC!

I can not thank you enough, please keep this up to date!
"
f1am3 wrote:
To be precise, these particular changes cause crashes.

https://gist.github.com/tntmarket/18f9cc0531876f9f104b5e0820388a31#file-errorshappenedafterthesechanges-diff-L8259-L8266

After I've reverted them (by just editing the Main.lua file) everything works fine.

Good debugging! I found the same problem using `git bisect`. I ran `git bisect`, and then kept copying until I found the problem change:

Ability to load a build from commandline.

I added a bunch of print("Debug") to Main.lua to isolate the issues, and it looks like it's because on the Mac version, `arg` is just nil. Because of that, trying to access `arg[1]` fails.

I added a quick hack to fix the problem introduced by that change:

"
# This line is needed to work around an issue with the pobfrontend
sed -i '' 's/function main:LoadPastebinBuild()/function main:LoadPastebinBuild()\
if arg == nil then\
return false\
end/' /Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS/Modules/Main.lua

This disables loading Pastebin builds from the command line, but that's definitely a bit of a niche use-case anyways.
Last edited by arciinus on Mar 29, 2021, 2:28:35 AM
Path of Building 2.0 has been released, and it makes big changes to the structure of the project. I haven't had time to take a look into how to make the binary work with that, so would appreciate anyone else exploring it!

Edit: Updating it was easier than expected. I updated it to 2.0.3. The version number still says the old version, but it seems to have the new functionality (mana reservation breakdown, for example).
Last edited by arciinus on Apr 8, 2021, 12:34:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info