[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
archwerewolf wrote:
100% delirium map...korsis about 10 minutes lol.and yeah with packs also some trouble already.not enought dmg + you got stuns...

Lol first attemp of Maven 4 Domain's bosses...wiped like i was naked

you and other guys that struggle, you clearly doing sometihng wrong, i managed to clear t16 on 86lvl with ~6k ES and ~1600int yeah it took few minutes but pathetic gear and without final lab. i looked at some of your characters (talking about few posters here) and it seems fine, so again you doing somethins wrong, go watch some of Kelvynn's videos maybe where he clears 100% delirium map in prev league or something because i dont know how to help you more

Last edited by adambog on Jan 22, 2021, 1:12:57 PM
"
adambog wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:
100% delirium map...korsis about 10 minutes lol.and yeah with packs also some trouble already.not enought dmg + you got stuns...

Lol first attemp of Maven 4 Domain's bosses...wiped like i was naked

you and other guys that struggle, you clearly doing sometihng wrong, i managed to clear t16 on 86lvl with ~6k ES and ~1600int yeah it took few minutes but pathetic gear and without final lab. i looked at some of your characters (talking about few posters here) and it seems fine, so again you doing somethins wrong, go watch some of Kelvynn's videos maybe where he clears 100% delirium map in prev league or something because i dont know how to help you more

nope. me talking about high-end content. me easy wiping t16 maps and did 20/20 delirium, shaper/elder etc. me complaining about our boss dmg. now it's took so long to kill high-end bosses. i think that Maven gona be really hard to us, due to time we need to kill it its more % to die
"
archwerewolf wrote:

nope. me talking about high-end content. me easy wiping t16 maps and did 20/20 delirium, shaper/elder etc. me complaining about our boss dmg. now it's took so long to kill high-end bosses. i think that Maven gona be really hard to us, due to time we need to kill it its more % to die

our boss dmg never was "wow we oneshotted it!", it always was "here comes the DPM". The thing is that our damage combined from 10-15 icestorms was respectable, and now we have 5 at max, which is, basically, half of previos dmg. Actually, we have more than half, just cause of base damage and scaling damage were buffed. BUT they buffed hp of all endgame bosses not so long time ago. I dunno, I got used to this way and type dmg long time ago (playing WI from 2.0 or something like that, when we were selfcast and CwC didn't exist), so, maybe, you just expected something more?
Last edited by sufferot on Jan 22, 2021, 4:15:29 PM
the issue is not the dmg the issue is

1:our waveclear is pure trash i used to run spell cascade now my wave clear is nothing

2:back in the days you could stack storms on 1 boss and he would melt now i stack 5 storms wait 3sec he moves i did 3% hp and reapet and if he moves a lot its pain

dont get me wrong iallways played this build so i know what i am doing i am 2.2k int with 8k es with 300 es body armour that i am working on without clusters cus i am super lazy and ppl want 5/10 ez for large with 10/12 points...

and i did every content beside maven and when i say every content i mean every content

can we even kill the maven? from what i saw you cant stand on top of her most of the fight

in short the damage is still ok for maps the wave clear is super bad and if u are something that is decent at this game i would reccomend other build if u gonna invest a lot of currency
Last edited by phantom_god on Jan 22, 2021, 6:08:58 PM
"
phantom_god wrote:

1:our waveclear is pure trash i used to run spell cascade now my wave clear is nothing

2:back in the days you could stack storms on 1 boss and he would melt now i stack 5 storms wait 3sec he moves i did 3% hp and reapet and if he moves a lot its pain

dont get me wrong iallways played this build so i know what i am doing i am 2.2k int with 8k es with 300 es body armour that i am working on without clusters cus i am super lazy and ppl want 5/10 ez for large with 10/12 points...

and i did every content beside maven and when i say every content i mean every content

can we even kill the maven? from what i saw you cant stand on top of her most of the fight

in short the damage is still ok for maps the wave clear is super bad and if u are something that is decent at this game i would reccomend other build if u gonna invest a lot of currency

It actually sounds like your problem is that your damage is not "melting bosses". I will remind you that boss hp was buffed not long time ago just because people were instaphasing them (they still do, but not literally any other build can do it).

Our clearspeed is pretty good actually, are you using stampede+vortex for arcane surge?

Classic version deals around 30% less damage than cluster, and a hassle to assemble. It still deals with every boss in the game. I also will surprise you - first Maven kill on std belongs to WI, there were a video even with that. 2 deaths to memory game, still pretty decent run.

I would rather not use such phrasing if I would be on your place. You didn't manage to make the build work for you - it's understandable. Maybe you missed something, or you just don't understand some things. Even I, a guy, who refuses to restart every league, understand, that the build needs a bit different approach sometimes.
It must be mentioned that that guy copied Lilians build, which was the absolute cream if I recall, and still struggled which he noted. Other builds that people have just leave started and have not finished, let alone approached mirror tier gear, are finishing it, but struggling. I believe that is the comparison being made. WI with late league gear is similar to early strong league starters at the moment. It's usable, definitely. But at that amount of ex, to have the same difficulty with her as multiple <5 ex league starters is distressing.

That said, go comment on the thread guys! Leave feedback
"
sufferot wrote:
"
phantom_god wrote:

It actually sounds like your problem is that your damage is not "melting bosses". I will remind you that boss hp was buffed not long time ago just because people were instaphasing them (they still do, but not literally any other build can do it).

Our clearspeed is pretty good actually, are you using stampede+vortex for arcane surge?

Classic version deals around 30% less damage than cluster, and a hassle to assemble. It still deals with every boss in the game. I also will surprise you - first Maven kill on std belongs to WI, there were a video even with that. 2 deaths to memory game, still pretty decent run.

I would rather not use such phrasing if I would be on your place. You didn't manage to make the build work for you - it's understandable. Maybe you missed something, or you just don't understand some things. Even I, a guy, who refuses to restart every league, understand, that the build needs a bit different approach sometimes.
\

been doing this build every league since i started this game

and i invested A LOT of currency into it in past seasons(like i said i reached 3.7k int with 16k es in heist) u get x20 the reward from other builds while ivnesting even less then this build

like i said FEW TIME i did every content so far in this season beside maven and i invested maybe 20ex for selfcraft and didnt do cluesters yet

the build is still good just not as good as its should be
Last edited by phantom_god on Jan 23, 2021, 7:20:35 AM
Very much enjoying the build and playstyle. I get that some folks are underwhelmed and agree that they should allow for 10 storms, but still enjoying the build.

A couple of questions:

Does Rumi's make sense for this build? Seems like it could be useful since we get curse and bleed immunity from 2 flasks but that still leaves a spot open for a third unique flask.

Has anyone thought about juicing up Vortex for more potential boss damage? I am currently using an interesting helm that provides lvl 20 hypothermia, meaning I could essentially 5 link Vortex in my helm.

"
TheD1rtyRider wrote:
Very much enjoying the build and playstyle. I get that some folks are underwhelmed and agree that they should allow for 10 storms, but still enjoying the build.

A couple of questions:

Does Rumi's make sense for this build? Seems like it could be useful since we get curse and bleed immunity from 2 flasks but that still leaves a spot open for a third unique flask.

Has anyone thought about juicing up Vortex for more potential boss damage? I am currently using an interesting helm that provides lvl 20 hypothermia, meaning I could essentially 5 link Vortex in my helm.

vortex is cute but only to apply bonechuill imo

and i run rumi's its pretty nice for some phys redction and some block\

meanwhile i am working towards mirror body armour for this build ^_^

after 8 tries of remove add influnce manage to hit tier 2

keep in mind i dont have clusters/split personlty yet
Last edited by phantom_god on Jan 23, 2021, 5:49:59 PM
Hi, Guys, I love this build and am trying to find a way to help get it working with the same feel as before without needing über items.. it is hard to theorycraft because pob flatly lies with icestorm..but would like to ask your opinion

With the 5 storms limitation, given say 2k int, base duration is already over 3 seconds. cwc at 20/21 gives one cast per o.35 secs. thisx5= 1.75 secs to reach max stacks. from then until the end of your storm duration you are spinning for free and are adding basically 0 DPS. and that 0 increased dps window only increases the more int or the more duration you have.
Besides,a real feel good way to play ice storm was with spell cascade.. but that makes it even worse as you then hit max cap in less than a second!.
one way to get around this I thought was to replace a dmg link with another spell on the cwc, so the "dead dps space"would be filled.. first I though firestorm , which would , while doing less dmg still do decent damage as most of t is upfront and would allow use of Elemental equilibrium.. kinda works, feels a bit clunky.. and the triple fireballs + ice cover a little bit much of the screen.
Then what about our friendly frost bomb.. it was recently buffed , and it is also affected by the same supports as ice storm.. (disadvantage you then need a 5-6l staff) .. still testing but so far am very happy with this setup, and while am still leveling seems to work really well with spell cascade as it has similar overlap areas, so you clear faster and rares vanish if in the overlap area.. AND graphically gets the screen white which I really like playing this build.
another interaction that looks interesting ( since am not selfcasting frost bomeb) is casting hydrosphere.. I dont know if the cold exposure gets added up, but I noticed when icestorm hits it it starts rapidly pulsating and that can almost freeze-lock enemies, and seems to give a noticeable extra effect on bosses.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info