[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
Trikzter wrote:
"
chb_ozhe wrote:
Hi guys, I've been playing this build from the league start and really enjoying it. I've done a few t16 and the boss phase is not the smoothest. Want to push it further.
Here is my current character following some common suggestions in the thread. (https://pastebin.com/nJHuPbCL)
I have 13ex and don't know what is the most worthwhile upgrade. Any idea?

Just some thoughts:

1. While the mods on your scepter are quite good, the weapon itself is of the wrong type. Damage penetration does not benefit ignite in any way. This might not seem like much, but you're losing 40% increased elemental damage that is available, for example, on Void Scepters.

2. Your shield does not have any useful stats aside from life gain on block. Try to buy/craft a shield with increased fire damage or +1 to physical/lighting spell gems. This also applies to your gloves (look for fire dot multi gloves and craft physical converted to element) and amulet (at this point you should either be investing in +1 to intelligence/lighting/physical skill gems or fire dot multi).

3. Why is your body crusader/redeemer if you're only using one redeemer mod? Are you planning on going explo?

4. Your large cluster could also be improved by investing in a 3-notable cluster with Burning Bright, Vengeful Commander and another notable (doesn't matter which one) to benefit even more from using them.

5. Since you've taken both golem Ascendancy nodes, the Anima Stone jewel might seem like a good idea. Adding a Lighting Golem would make uptime of EO more consistent, thus resulting in more reliable damage.

6. Why have you ticked "Is the enemy Shocked" in your pob? As far as I can see, you have no reliable way of applying shock (outside of rare instances of you critting), much less at 15% effect.

Thanks for the suggestions! A lot of the half baked gears are just results of a limited budget when I bought them. I think I will start with fixing my shield and gloves since those are the oldest gears on me.

Also thanks for catching the shocked buffed. That was checked when I originally opted for shaper of storms and forgot to uncheck.
I just had a hilarious encounter with a maven-boosted Minotaur fight. Gave up after 5 minutes of running around slapping on ignites but maven healing him back to full.
"
krozonemccain wrote:
I just had a hilarious encounter with a maven-boosted Minotaur fight. Gave up after 5 minutes of running around slapping on ignites but maven healing him back to full.

At this stage, all my builds that don't already have it core keep a spare Frost Bomb in my inventory just in case. The damage is negligable, but the healing reduction is *massive* against Maven'd bosses
I have had a particularly funny story with this type of build I wanna share.

To preface this, I did not follow this build from OP, I looked at poe.ninja and followed some dude's general build which might have been inspired by this topic, it might not have, idk. I was looking for a mix between dps and survivability (spoiler alert: one of these failed, horribly).

The build version I did was a full shaper eternity shroud setup.

The result: Without actually trying, this was the absolute easiest 45 million ignite dps I ever had. I had absolutely shitty sceptres and just from the divine ire eternity shroud conversion shenanigans together with the new elementalist and cluster jewels I had absolutely disgusting damage.

this, however, came with a price: I was super duper squishy (Due to no shield and no hp on rings) and that's why I quit the build early. so lesson learned once more, I do not enjoy hyper dps glass cannons at all.

anyway, the next time I build this (and I will for sure) I will probably either ditch the eternity shroud setup or use a shield or both. so yea, absolutely disgusting amounts of damage from divine ire ignite if you wanna build it that way.

ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on Feb 12, 2021, 5:56:13 AM
Seeing as this build has some open gem slots, I was wondering: Is Vaal Haste a good idea for bossfights? For a lot of bosses standing still for 3sec is not an option, but with Vaal Haste it takes around .5-1 second to charge max stacks.
"
Celestialex wrote:
Seeing as this build has some open gem slots, I was wondering: Is Vaal Haste a good idea for bossfights? For a lot of bosses standing still for 3sec is not an option, but with Vaal Haste it takes around .5-1 second to charge max stacks.

No, not really. Since Divine Ire gets additional stages when hitting bosses ("Gains an additional Stage when Hitting a Rare or Unique Enemy"), usually half a second is enough to charge to max stacks when near a boss. However, if you feel your cast speed is severely lacking, go for it.
"
cocomoloco wrote:
I have had a particularly funny story with this type of build I wanna share.

To preface this, I did not follow this build from OP, I looked at poe.ninja and followed some dude's general build which might have been inspired by this topic, it might not have, idk. I was looking for a mix between dps and survivability (spoiler alert: one of these failed, horribly).

The build version I did was a full shaper eternity shroud setup.

The result: Without actually trying, this was the absolute easiest 45 million ignite dps I ever had. I had absolutely shitty sceptres and just from the divine ire eternity shroud conversion shenanigans together with the new elementalist and cluster jewels I had absolutely disgusting damage.

this, however, came with a price: I was super duper squishy (Due to no shield and no hp on rings) and that's why I quit the build early. so lesson learned once more, I do not enjoy hyper dps glass cannons at all.

anyway, the next time I build this (and I will for sure) I will probably either ditch the eternity shroud setup or use a shield or both. so yea, absolutely disgusting amounts of damage from divine ire ignite if you wanna build it that way.

Lol I'm one of the guys doing the eternity shroud version. Honestly the defense is not bad if you invest in it, and u can freely sacrifice damage for defense since it deals so much already.
What's a reasonable chest to aim for in SSF with this build?
I assume explody chests are out of the question, so warlord's +1 active skill gems?
Which of these two helmets do you think is better for the build?

vs

"
mobogame wrote:
Lol I'm one of the guys doing the eternity shroud version. Honestly the defense is not bad if you invest in it, and u can freely sacrifice damage for defense since it deals so much already.

That's exactly the reason why I decided against this approach. Your total EHP pool alone gives me a heart attack. :D

"
vor wrote:
What's a reasonable chest to aim for in SSF with this build?
I assume explody chests are out of the question, so warlord's +1 active skill gems?

Explode is not really necessary. On one hand, you do have ignite prolif coming either from the Ignite Proliferation gem, the Fan the Flames notable or the Berek's Respite ring (which is the best one); on the other, the role of corpse removal can be fulfilled by the Cremator notable. If you really want explosions, dual Obliteration setup is a viable way of clearing entire screens of enemies. So, yeah, +1 gems should be the best, but is a luxury either way.

"
BeeGeePee wrote:
Which of these two helmets do you think is better for the build?

vs

I'd go for the first one; it's more generic, but also gives more damage and provides better defenses. The only scenario in which I'd choose the second one is the Blackflame-based variant, using Withering Step on left click. In this case, the enchant would actually be quite powerful defensively.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info