[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

so i've been looking at similar builds on POE ninja and none of them is using malevolence or hatred ... instead using herald of purity and fire with vitality .... what are the differences between the 2 combos. sorry if the question may sound noob or triggering.
"
Cedvin wrote:
what about going with kaoms + staff + rumi and spec into staff nodes with glancing blows and unwevaring stance as defensive option? at base we got something like 56/20 block and shitload of hp

I'm running this and I'd add flesh and stone + brine king before ever considering unwavering stance and I already have 10% chance to create smoke cloud on kill. Brine king guarantees you don't get stun locked and blind guarantees you cant take two hits in a row. This is enough to not instantly die after getting stunned against a boss.

"
Melancholya wrote:
so i've been looking at similar builds on POE ninja and none of them is using malevolence or hatred ... instead using herald of purity and fire with vitality .... what are the differences between the 2 combos. sorry if the question may sound noob or triggering.

Herald of ash does not work with EE as you will deal fire damage with divine ire. The goal is to do all types of damage except fire and get a big ignite. Since divine ire has a phys damage component, it gets bonus cold from hatred. Combined with malevolence, you get an overall ~40% ignite dps boost which is massive. Herald of purity works out similarly as it gives physical damage to attacks and spells, but it works out to around 8% ignite dps boost. I might run this with flesh and stone and drop hatred for the same amount reservced (no enlighten)
Totally forgot about using Malevolence instead of Arcane Cloak - Arcane Surge for the extra boost. Also, did not weight Hatred over Herald of Purity. Both my choices are a bit more defensive, though, so I will stick with them for now.

I've tried equipping an Archfiend Crown (a stronger version of the Helmet shown in this thread) on PoB, however it does not seem to register the extra exposure I am inflicting. Guess we'll have to wait for the PoB guys to give us a chance to declare which exposures are applied to an enemy in order to have an actual DPS

As for my ascendancies, I'm going with Shaper of Flame (normal), Bastion of Elements (cruel), Shaper of Storm (merciless) and Mastermind of Discord (Eternal). PoB, however, states that Convergence would give me more damage rather than Shaper of Storm (considered the loss of 22% Shock I expect from Shaper). Might regret Storm when I'll get my hands on one of those exposing helmets... the extra damage, as well the extra AoE, will get damn useful during a Ritual. The loss of shock against endgame bosses is tolerable.

As for how much useful Bastion is... well, it is as useful as something that allows you to run a Reflect map, for first. The Aegis comes in handy - a potential 2.5-2.7K ward against elemental damage is a lot, but cannot be used as a reliable choice. The fact it either needs to be fully depleted or that you stop taking elemental damage for 5 seconds is a lot to take in. That said, it gave me the very satisfactory feeling of letting a Volatile Flameblood blast on my face and survive by a few hundred HP rather than being blasted into oblivion. I believe this will leave you only with the need of caring about Physical and Chaos defences, and you have quite a tanky character at that point.
Golems are way more useful. Read the original post for the explanation. Sometimes theory crafting the max damage numbers on PoB isn't as practical as you think.
twitch.tv/lexyu
OK, so would the ring emberwake be any good for this build? It applies an extra stack of ignite (sounds good), but burns more 60% more slowly (sounds bad)?
What do you think about Kaom"s heart in this build?This will be good upgrade or not worth it?
"
deltaco1023 wrote:
OK, so would the ring emberwake be any good for this build? It applies an extra stack of ignite (sounds good), but burns more 60% more slowly (sounds bad)?

~21-33% (50-65% slower roll) dps boost if you can apply both ignites at the same time (you can't). I'd rather have a normal ring that I can put min endurance and/or reduce channelling mana cost.

Just got my hands on this bad boy. Gonna try to harvest craft some fire damage over time. I personally think this staff is insane.
"
RancidPanda wrote:

Just got my hands on this bad boy. Gonna try to harvest craft some fire damage over time. I personally think this staff is insane.

Yeah... Even name is accurate. Another lucky bastard :) GG! Drop, craft or just buyed?
Last edited by Iselor008 on Jan 18, 2021, 12:44:01 PM
"
Iselor008 wrote:
"
RancidPanda wrote:

Yeah... Even name is accurate. Another lucky bastard :) GG! Drop, craft or just buyed?

Bought it for 3ex :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info