[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Thanks again Odif for this guide. with the gear i have now i can do every boss in the game, especially now that i have found a bottled faith...i have done The Feared deathless lol. Saving currency for a corrupted Lioneyes now. Bragging over :))
I switched to fleshcrafter for armor and magna eclipsis for shield after looking at high level 100's builds. Specced out of EE and stack life, minion dmg on use minion skill, cast speed if minions kill recently ghastly jewels in my tree. Stack renewal large and med clusters. Do around 10M dps regular summon skelly, max blocks, 120% res all. 6.4k life/es/3k armor. I don't even have a +1 gem any wand yet.

Belt with lvl 22 enduring cry helps a lot as instant 2.5k heal + dmg reduction. Never die in juiced T16's, killed all content, and now going for 9 sirus.

I have never fought elder/shaper/etc. before and did all first try without watching any videos or knowing mechanics of any fight.
"
Bullymays wrote:
I switched to fleshcrafter for armor and magna eclipsis for shield after looking at high level 100's builds. Specced out of EE and stack life, minion dmg on use minion skill, cast speed if minions kill recently ghastly jewels in my tree. Stack renewal large and med clusters. Do around 10M dps regular summon skelly, max blocks, 120% res all. 6.4k life/es/3k armor. I don't even have a +1 gem any wand yet.

Belt with lvl 22 enduring cry helps a lot as instant 2.5k heal + dmg reduction. Never die in juiced T16's, killed all content, and now going for 9 sirus.

I have never fought elder/shaper/etc. before and did all first try without watching any videos or knowing mechanics of any fight.

Sounds interesting can you share your build please ?
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:
@evilmindcz

You should try out a doryani glorious vanity, you won't lose out on the spore es and you'll gain around 1500 permanent es on top of what you have from gear.

It depends on what kind of damage you're taking more of to see if it's more ehp than xibaqua. Since it's a question of 50% of elemental damage and 100% of chaos damage having 5% more mitigation (assuming 76% to 81% it's .19/.24= 21% less damage taken), or having 1400-1800 (~5000 spore) more shield that 50% of elemental damage and 50% physical damage has to go through, which is 16-20% of your total hp/es.

You'll take more health damage before the es is spent, which means you'll need to life flask earlier into fights, but that means your health regen and life from block has more consistent healing value and you refill flask charges rather than not use them. It's worth testing out.

So after few days of testing various combinations i ended with this setup:
- Doryani version of Glorious Vanity, it really looks like most effectiva way to increase eHP, even if dont have a good one (tryed like 20 of these, looking for life/minion/res, then i just ended with one that at least does something)
- my final belt will be this
, just needs better jewels, its really hard to craft perfect combination
- i have abandoned CWDT/IC setup, as it only works when i dont move for a while, and in such case i deserve to die anyway :-), i replaced it with 2L Feeding Frenzy zombies, as i see it as most reliable way to generate this buff. This allows me to start with Animate Guardian in helmet!
- it is not finished yet, as i only just tonight started crafting new AG helmet, but it should have like 130k HP, so it should never die. There is a very few things that can hit that hard, and i can dispell him for these fights. I will only use Convocation in trigger, as i dont have any space for more hotkeys, so i cant really get him out of big slams everytime, so he'll need these HP... :-) Right now i only have Kingmaker and few very cheap items for 2nd curse/resists/etc on him, but the goal is to use him to buff my defence as much as possible, for being safe in T19 Delirium maps (which is my ultimate goal this league).
Hi,

One note on your setup that you may already be aware of but I wanted to mention any way:

Bone Armor and Immortal Call are both tagged with "guard" and as such they share a cool down. There are going to be times when Bone Armor is in cool down and you get whacked and IC won't be able to proc.
So if we are talking keeping minions alive in delirum there is honestly nothing that beats bone offering + fortress covenant and then decay ward.

convinced a friend to do that and his crappy charge monkeys started taking almost no damage in 100% maps
I'm using the +2 socketed duration gems chest - what is my best 6th link, lvl 4 empower or elemental focus? Right now I have +1 wands, saving up for +2. It says my vaal summon skeletons is lvl 31.
"
evilmindcz wrote:

So after few days of testing various combinations i ended with this setup:
- Doryani version of Glorious Vanity, it really looks like most effectiva way to increase eHP, even if dont have a good one (tryed like 20 of these, looking for life/minion/res, then i just ended with one that at least does something)
- my final belt will be this
, just needs better jewels, its really hard to craft perfect combination
- i have abandoned CWDT/IC setup, as it only works when i dont move for a while, and in such case i deserve to die anyway :-), i replaced it with 2L Feeding Frenzy zombies, as i see it as most reliable way to generate this buff. This allows me to start with Animate Guardian in helmet!
- it is not finished yet, as i only just tonight started crafting new AG helmet, but it should have like 130k HP, so it should never die. There is a very few things that can hit that hard, and i can dispell him for these fights. I will only use Convocation in trigger, as i dont have any space for more hotkeys, so i cant really get him out of big slams everytime, so he'll need these HP... :-) Right now i only have Kingmaker and few very cheap items for 2nd curse/resists/etc on him, but the goal is to use him to buff my defence as much as possible, for being safe in T19 Delirium maps (which is my ultimate goal this league).

Yeah I spent a bit of time looking for a good doryani seed and settled on 10% max es and 1% spell dodge over 3/6 nodes. Currently I'm crafting a spectre helm, out of order of other upgrades because I got lucky with some harvest rolls, and it'll replace my zombies/ag until I can find space for them or maybe put ag in a hungry loop, I haven't been using convocation in a while so gotta see if I need it back in after the helmet change.

Once I looked at the price of 2 good abyss jewels I decided to stay on stygian vise haha
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:

Once I looked at the price of 2 good abyss jewels I decided to stay on stygian vise haha

Its not that hard, i crafted every single one i have myself, they are not perfect, but there is very little DPS difference between mine and these selling for 10ex+. I farm harvest maps, and i use every single reforge there for various things, usually caster ones for ghastly jewels. But any reforge is good, basically free chaos, and i'm just waiting till i get few good stats that i can use for further crafting.

There is an easy deterministic way how to do it too, for jewels.
I just bought this 5 minutes ago for 30c, there are expensive ones all the time but you can snipe cheap one easy

This is a hardest stat to get, because it has no tag, so you want this one fractured. Now you can alt/augment life, you can afford to wait for T1 roll. Harvest flowers have shitload of stat rerolls, so you can make it 40 without using divine orbs.
Regal then cant even fuck it up, because if its suffix, you will be rerolling these (cant lose the one fractured), if its prefix, it probably not significant anyway, and you can delete/augment later whatever you want.
"
Ely111 wrote:
"
Bullymays wrote:

Sounds interesting can you share your build please ?

I just found out how to change my profile, Im not sure how to link all of my equipment. But I think you can get my tree and look at my gear.

I just fought the Maven for the first time tonight and 1 shotted it pretty easily. Died once during the final memory game. I am too lazy to switch out greater projectiles and the only gems I switch out sometimes are tempest shield and flesh offering in my wand. I also use a quartz flask and it seems like the 90% vaal damage works, maybe someone can confirm if this is not the case.

I used spectres but dont really know how to use them so i just summon random ones. I'm up to 13 skeletons right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info