[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Thank you very much for this Build/Guide.
This is my first Season ever playing PoE and i am really enjoying it.
Had no problems at all through the whole Story and my first Maps.
Some parts of the Guide are hard to understand for a complete Beginner like me, but i think i made it through.
I went over and took the Aligned Spirits on the skill tree. Would Necromantic Aegis with a 110% spell power shield plus casting speed be better than the second convoking wand with say 65% minion dmg? Or the shield that gives frenzy/power charges +2? Its only 2 skill pts from Aligned Spirits to nab this.
"
chloris143 wrote:
Hey guys! Can someone please check my build? It feels skel mage damage is abit low. Having troubles clearing mobs on ritual at t7 maps :(.

Thank you.

Looks like a golem build, not a skel mage build.
"
CrAzYSuPaMaN wrote:
helo everyone!

again, wanna say loving this build for a newbie like me! thanks so much Odif!

anyway..im following closely with the build. however, would like to ask if there is anything i can replace enlighthen with? tyvm!
cheers!

*edit add following:
also, i wanna get this amulet with death attune but has increased fire dmg as the implicit (the first top line with bars). will it affect the build?
thx!

No, 10% of 0 is still zero.
"
Bochita wrote:
So I have Skitterbots and vitality on, but if I turn zealotry on then I don't have enough mana left over to even cast summon skeletons. I have zealot and skitterbots linked to a lvl 3 enlighten. Am I missing something here?

You need to set your profile to public.
I cannot see your characters otherwise.

Just guessing....Did you spend 4 passive points into the Soverinty cluster? This gives 14% reduced mana reserved.

The other possiblility is you have something inadvertantly linked to an aura, that is increasing the amount of mana it reserves.
"
Bullymays wrote:
I went over and took the Aligned Spirits on the skill tree. Would Necromantic Aegis with a 110% spell power shield plus casting speed be better than the second convoking wand with say 65% minion dmg? Or the shield that gives frenzy/power charges +2? Its only 2 skill pts from Aligned Spirits to nab this.

If you go necromatic Aegis, go with a Victorio's Clarity.
Level 86 on tier 10 and 11 maps. Not sure what to do with gems to put in my chest. Any advice? Is there better options as people played this build?

check out my character and hit me with some advice.
Hi,

first of all thanks for the guide. As a player who never had played a lot of PoE ( last time if I remember correctly I played it around 6-7 years ago and it had less mechanics and acts - i remember like 3 acts ?) and doesn't know any recent mechanics this guide was really helpful.

Getting through acts 1-10 on SSF was a breeze. In act 10 I started getting hit for high damage numbers more and more. Probably cause I focused on having gear with proper sockets and links rather that their lvl or enchantments. Also I focused on having as high bonuses to rarity as possible.

Yesterday I dropped a tabula rasa from Labyrinth and finally got a chance to get the 6 link skellies. Delving was a problem for me. I died quite a bit. Now I'm trying to get a grip with atlas doing the Tier 1 maps.

Could you take a look at my character and give a tip or two on how to develop it further and on what things to focus in the first place. The whole upgrade process to get a good item enchantments thing combined with proper amount links and colors of sockets is quite hard at the moment. Right now with current gear I still am not able to use mages to I focus on melee skelies, zombies, spectres and 1 golem.
Last edited by NatgothTheGrim on Jan 28, 2021, 6:29:21 AM
"
Odif wrote:
"
Bochita wrote:
So I have Skitterbots and vitality on, but if I turn zealotry on then I don't have enough mana left over to even cast summon skeletons. I have zealot and skitterbots linked to a lvl 3 enlighten. Am I missing something here?

You need to set your profile to public.
I cannot see your characters otherwise.

Just guessing....Did you spend 4 passive points into the Soverinty cluster? This gives 14% reduced mana reserved.

The other possiblility is you have something inadvertantly linked to an aura, that is increasing the amount of mana it reserves.

I updated my profile.
"
Hi,

first of all thanks for the guide. As a player who never had played a lot of PoE ( last time if I remember correctly I played it around 6-7 years ago and it had less mechanics and acts - i remember like 3 acts ?) and doesn't know any recent mechanics this guide was really helpful.

Getting through acts 1-10 on SSF was a breeze. In act 10 I started getting hit for high damage numbers more and more. Probably cause I focused on having gear with proper sockets and links rather that their lvl or enchantments. Also I focused on having as high bonuses to rarity as possible.

Yesterday I dropped a tabula rasa from Labyrinth and finally got a chance to get the 6 link skellies. Delving was a problem for me. I died quite a bit. Now I'm trying to get a grip with atlas doing the Tier 1 maps.

Could you take a look at my character and give a tip or two on how to develop it further and on what things to focus in the first place. The whole upgrade process to get a good item enchantments thing combined with proper amount links and colors of sockets is quite hard at the moment. Right now with current gear I still am not able to use mages to I focus on melee skelies, zombies, spectres and 1 golem.

1. drop item rarity support from skeleton 6L, and forget gem like that exist :)
2. you have EE, but you are only doing physical damage
3. craft some decent life/resist equip, stop using things with increased rarity!, it is actually quite easy with lots of high level essences you can get from rituals

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info