[3.13]❄️44M DPS Ice Shot Barrage Deadeye|League starter|Full Content with Vids|Several variants

"
kocusa wrote:
Hello can you please check my PoB and give me some guidance im lacking alot of stats :)

https://pastebin.com/01QSRuBG

You gave ma tree with level 87... it's obvious that you will lack dps

As far as your tree goes, unalocate the nodes from "aspect of the agle" down to "finesse". That would give you 5 points to spend.

Place those 5 points (+1 from leveling) to get heartseeker and king of the hill.
"
kingcane1 wrote:
I'm doing a variation of this build that uses different cluster but mostly the same tree and items, can anyone help me figure out why I'm doing such little damage?

I have a lot of issues with bosses and t16 delirious maps.

https://pastebin.com/zQ7gvLg6

From what I see in that pastebin the tree is significantly different from mine:
- no frenzy usage
- dex stacking
- no thread of hope optimization

Generally if you are not following a build, you need to know what you are doing.

Some quick pointers for you thou:
- Jewel sockets are more valuable than most notable skills, just buy good jewels if you don't want to do any shennanigans
- The route to Flash Freeze gives little damage, drop those 2 points, they're useless
- If you are dex stacking, how come you didn't take "utmost swiftness" ? That one is mandatory
- please not that my gem setup has "Damage on full life support".
- take some awakened gems
- anoint your amulet, it's not that expensive ( I recommend heart of ice)

These are just some general guidelines but your build is different than mine. I know they're both ice barrage deadeye, but mine was focused on getting high dps without dex stacking and through Abyss Jewels.

Nice guide, I like.

Can you generate endurance charge?
Should we enchant a harvest enchant onto the bow? like attack speed per quality
or is that a dps loss since we do phys conversion?
"
burdd wrote:

Hi,
I'm currently sitting at ~8m Sirus dps and I have a
"
{crafted}Quality does not increase Physical Damage
{crafted}Grants 1% increased Elemental Damage per 2% Quality

enchant on my bow. Removing it costs me actually 7k dps. I expected it to be more but no, its just 7k.
Adding Atkspeed per 8% quality or critchance per 4% quality instead of eledmg would actually lower the dps by 80k-90k. I'm not very experienced with PoB but thats what I found when adding/removing those enchants.

I see, i was thinking of putting one on but i realized since we convert phys its just better to not so that we have higher flat
"
SPlTFlRE wrote:
"
burdd wrote:

Hi,
I'm currently sitting at ~8m Sirus dps and I have a
"
{crafted}Quality does not increase Physical Damage
{crafted}Grants 1% increased Elemental Damage per 2% Quality

enchant on my bow. Removing it costs me actually 7k dps. I expected it to be more but no, its just 7k.
Adding Atkspeed per 8% quality or critchance per 4% quality instead of eledmg would actually lower the dps by 80k-90k. I'm not very experienced with PoB but thats what I found when adding/removing those enchants.

Normally the increase AS should give the highest dps boost, but it depends on how you have your increases.

The output of your dmg is something like this (greatly simplified)

base_dmg*increased_damage*attack_speed

Taking a simple example, where base_dmg = 1 and you have the sum of increased_damage and attack_speed equal to 10 (increased_damage + attack_speed = 10):

If your increased_damage bonus is 1 and attack speed bonuses are 9 then:

dmg = 1 * 1* 9 = 9;

However, if your increased_damaage bonus is 2 and attack speed bonuses are 8 then:

dmg = 1 *2 *8 = 16;

Continuing:

dmg = 1 * 3 * 7 = 21;

dmg = 1 * 4 * 6 = 24;

dmg = 1 * 5 * 5 = 25;

As you can see the dmg is higher when the balance between how much you added to your increased damage and attack speed is higher.

That being said, if your current build stacks allot of attack speed but no increased damage, than you will benefit more from increased damage.

Generally increased elemental damage is much easier to get by on items / tree, so that's why attack speed tends to be considered a preference over increased damage.

Conclusion: go with what is better right now, and along the way when you ramp up your damage, check in PoB to see if switching from elemental damage increase to AS increase will give you more damage. Always use PoB to make your decisions (as it seems you are :) ).

Last edited by ZaPwner on Mar 9, 2021, 3:55:59 AM
"
burdd wrote:

I see, i was thinking of putting one on but i realized since we convert phys its just better to not so that we have higher flat

Check with PoB. Since your bow doesn't have a flat phys modifier as well, along the way I'm expecting the AS per 2% quality to be better than normal quality.

But yes, for my build, which isn't based on dex stacking, high phys damage to phys conversion is one of the main dps sources, so 30% quality is better than increased elemental damage by a big margin.

Also, when you try to compare AS enchant to normal 30% quality, also take into consideration how changing your glove craft (if you have one) from "25% converted phys damage to cold" to "increased damage while leeching" affects your dps. For me, when I started reaching high dps values, the latter started overtaking the phys-to-cold conversion.
Been following this guide for the league and generally happy with it. Of note, did anyone mention that the 44m dps is wrong? on POB there are two extra support gems for barrage calculations artificially changing the dps that high. Real dps is more like 30m.

For reference, I made a few changes for myself and was able to (funny enough) get up to 43M ish dps

https://pastebin.com/cDjkEuCp
Last edited by bdncomputer on Mar 17, 2021, 7:50:42 PM
Could you point out where I'm inflating the DPS ?

I know that when I made the guide I overestimated the shock (inherited it from other guides that I was using to compare), but I don't know of anything else that inflates the DPS.

Let me know so I can be more careful in the future.

As for the two extra support gems: they are deactivated, so they won't be used when computing the dps.
Last edited by ZaPwner on Mar 18, 2021, 10:30:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info