[3.13] Gryph's Burning Witch - Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas CoC VD

"
GERWARIC wrote:
"
Respeck wrote:
this flamewall setup is actually insane! i'm going to level this way too, awesome!


For those of you leveling with Flame Wall, what do you think about temporarily speccing into Holy Fire or Breath of Flames until the transition to VD/DD?

It might also make sense to take Commander of Darkness at normal lab, since Corpse Pact and Plaguebringer won't be doing much for you until the swapover.


I'm a fan of respeccing 10-15 points as needed. Should be fine. Also I would take commander first at league start anyway for the resists.

I was trying to test this on stream but my ISP decided to do "developments" in my area. Rip.
Hi,

i'm considering this and your cremation build as a league starter. I prefer tankiness and bosskilling abilities over clearspeed, what is probably the better choice in this regard? And gow do both builds scale with further investments?

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
GERWARIC wrote:
"
Respeck wrote:
this flamewall setup is actually insane! i'm going to level this way too, awesome!


For those of you leveling with Flame Wall, what do you think about temporarily speccing into Holy Fire or Breath of Flames until the transition to VD/DD?

It might also make sense to take Commander of Darkness at normal lab, since Corpse Pact and Plaguebringer won't be doing much for you until the swapover.


I'm a fan of respeccing 10-15 points as needed. Should be fine. Also I would take commander first at league start anyway for the resists.

I was trying to test this on stream but my ISP decided to do "developments" in my area. Rip.

Damn those pesky ISPs!
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
makalah wrote:
Hi,

i'm considering this and your cremation build as a league starter. I prefer tankiness and bosskilling abilities over clearspeed, what is probably the better choice in this regard? And gow do both builds scale with further investments?



Both builds scale very well with investment.

The VD build will have more DPS

Cremation Archmage will be tankier.
Man, I love this. I've been super lazy this league and haven't looked into builds/new mechanics/anything... and then this ascends from on high and presents me with everything I've ever wanted in a build. Thanks!
Is Scold's version strictly worse now? I loved the fact you could off-screen stuff w/o hitting.

It seems to still work on standard, but hard to guess how would it scale end game with so much investment in sustain... I'd say CoC version has more points to funnel into dps not having to cover for the self dmg?
Hello, thank you for the build. I'm planning to league start with this but
the levelling tree PoB from the first page is showing nothing in my PoB. not even a skill gems or items or was it my mistake?

"
https://pastebin.com/bXtLwU2h
This should give you an idea on how to progress the tree while leveling as spellslinger.


also, can we run reflect map in this build ? since cyclone deals physical dmg and vd deals spell dmg. which type of dmg are we dealing in this case?
sry if a lot of question. I've never played cyclone or VD before.

Last edited by whitewing789 on Jan 15, 2021, 6:47:07 AM
"
whitewing789 wrote:
Hello, thank you for the build. I'm planning to league start with this but
the levelling tree PoB from the first page is showing nothing in my PoB. not even a skill gems or items or was it my mistake?

"
https://pastebin.com/bXtLwU2h
This should give you an idea on how to progress the tree while leveling as spellslinger.


also, can we run reflect map in this build ? since cyclone deals physical dmg and vd deals spell dmg. which type of dmg are we dealing in this case?
sry if a lot of question. I've never played cyclone or VD before.



It's literally just for the tree because I know I'll get asked 1000 times for one :P. I'm not one to typically micromanage leveling n such so I mostly just give a tree to follow and some tips n tricks. I'm happy to answer questions here and on stream though.

"
4nthraxx wrote:
Is Scold's version strictly worse now? I loved the fact you could off-screen stuff w/o hitting.

It seems to still work on standard, but hard to guess how would it scale end game with so much investment in sustain... I'd say CoC version has more points to funnel into dps not having to cover for the self dmg?


Yup, unfortunately the Scold's Version ends up just not dealing good damage or not being tanky at all. And then there's just so much hassle with sustaining Scold's damage and mana on cyclone etc....This version is a lot cleaner in how it's put together.

"
3lio wrote:
Man, I love this. I've been super lazy this league and haven't looked into builds/new mechanics/anything... and then this ascends from on high and presents me with everything I've ever wanted in a build. Thanks!


<3


I will be streaming at launch today from 2pm-4:45pm and again at 11:30pm-3am for those who are interested. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/gryphenprey
"
whitewing789 wrote:

also, can we run reflect map in this build ? since cyclone deals physical dmg and vd deals spell dmg. which type of dmg are we dealing in this case?
sry if a lot of question. I've never played cyclone or VD before.



Since we are dealing a ton of fire damage and some phy damage, i wouldnt do any kind of reflect map, be it elemental or phy based.

You could spec into Exposure Tolerance and wear a Sybil's ring to make you immune to elemental reflect though.

Edit:
True, Exposure isnt needed, just Yugul pantheon... why do i always forget the pantheon stuff?!


Last edited by Xirce on Jan 15, 2021, 9:35:24 AM
"
Xirce wrote:
"
whitewing789 wrote:

also, can we run reflect map in this build ? since cyclone deals physical dmg and vd deals spell dmg. which type of dmg are we dealing in this case?
sry if a lot of question. I've never played cyclone or VD before.



Since we are dealing a ton of fire damage and some phy damage, i wouldnt do any kind of reflect map, be it elemental or phy based.

You could spec into Exposure Tolerance and wear a Sybil's ring to make you immune to elemental reflect though.




More specifically, just switch to soul of Yugul pantheon and use Sibyl's Lament (no passive respec this way)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info