💣Velyna's Poets Pen Blade Blast 💣 All Content | Easy Start | Melt Endgame | 2 Button Gameplay

anyone playing this??
I'm running it currently. I just transitioned from Blade Vortex last night so I'm still missing quite a bit of gear. I have the 2 Poet's Pen's, Crown, and a corrupted 6link chest as well as the ring.

My gems are all low level and I'm missing the cluster jewels so the highest tier map I've cleared is a 5 plus the character is only 78.

Feels squishy and the single target isn't super hot at the moment. I have lots of room to grow though so I'll just slowly farm up what I need.
"
Maaximaxi wrote:
anyone playing this??

I am and honestly I am having a ton of fun. I only have the two Poet's Pens and Crown so I am not far into the endgame but I can clear everything just fine using just rares and a 4-link chest. The single target damage can be low, but I need to get more upgrades to see if that will stay an issue. Will need to farm a hell of a lot for upgrades in early league, though.
"
Velyna wrote:

3.16 Scourge Updates

Trading in our Dodge for the new Suppression stat, gaining back some block and armour currently lost to the Acrobatics keystone.

Gaining unnerve from awakened gem buffs.

Tree and clusters will change, hopefully we pick up some life with the redistributing of scion wheel.

Hoping to pick up more defense from the tree.

All the damage of Assassin with multiple layers of defence, tap once to clear packs as you dash around the map. Cast on Crit and double Poets Pen does most of the work for you so this can literally be played with 2 buttons + flasks. Cheap to start with powerful scaling options for the wealthy.

Latest PoB updates + Help: https://discord.gg/velyna

Path of Building: Leaguestart | Endgame | Literal God

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/Velyna

Build Video: https://www.youtube.com/velyna

Other Builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/2688095

1. Introduction

1.1. Pros/Cons
Pros
  • Smooth levelling: Physical spells get us through leaguestart with ease, blade vortex scales the same as blade blast and we get it act 1. We can literally use it until T16s while gathering gear for ultimate CoC destruction.
  • 2 Button gameplay: I often run through maps using only attack + dash, sometimes not even flasks.
  • Budget start: Basically zero requirements before hopping into early maps, with multiple large upgrades available early for cheap.

Cons
  • Transition: Similar to a LowLife build, CoC will require many different things to work properly. If you leaguestart this be ready to spend awhile as BV while gathering gear. Luckily it feels fine.
  • Not immortal: This build has multiple layers of defence, but eventually hits will get through your evade/dodge/block. If you facetank minotaur with damage mods you'll eventually die.

1.2. Videos

1.3. HC/SSF/Leaguestart Viable?
This can be leaguestarted in softcore, I have no idea if it's hardcore viable but imagine it is with decent gear.

SSF is probably possible, cluster jewels are an issue though. Would be very hard to achieve the finalized version.

1.4. Upgraded PoB
Installer

This version is updated faster and has extra features. The PoB links in the guide all use this and there might be differences from the standard one.

Uninstall PoB before installing this or you might get errors.

2. Leveling

Leveling Trees

- The trees for new characters can be found in the Leaguestart PoB at bottom left. -

This is what I used and how I built my character in a fresh league scenario, if you have levelling items it's even better. Blade Vortex is available early and feels decent right away, but really picks up around act 4-5.

If you already have gear and/or money feel free to level however you like but I would still recommend hitting a decent level before committing to the Poets Pen + CoC.

Act 1

---Attack---

---Aura---

---Movement---

I used Ethereal Knives until getting BV. Arcane surge can be linked to Flame Dash instead allowing another gem in the main setup, if you go this route keep arcane surge level 1 for max uptime. Try to have some cold resistance and a Rustic Sash by the end of Act 1.

Act 2

--Attack--

---Aura---

---Movement---

If you link Arcane Surge to Flame Dash, you can run added cold+controlled destruction in main setup. Dont forget to do bear quest for a free belt.

Act 3

---Attack---

---Aura---

---Movement---

First lab should be pretty easy around the end of this act or beginning of next one, take Opportunistic.

Act 4-6

---Attack---

---Aura---

---Movement---

---CWDT 1---

---CWDT 2---

CWDT setups give us a lot of value here, free frenzy charges and a defensive curse plus the usual golem and guard skill.

When you run second lab take Unstable Infusion.

Act 7-10

Switch to the gem setup in Leaguestart PoB

Next 2 labs get Deadly Infusion then Mistwalker.
I'm not understanding where the cluster jewels are meant to go. The PoB tree doesn't lead to any cluster jewel spots. Unless I'm missing something. This is only like my 2nd league so I'm not very experienced.
"
I'm not understanding where the cluster jewels are meant to go. The PoB tree doesn't lead to any cluster jewel spots. Unless I'm missing something. This is only like my 2nd league so I'm not very experienced.

The post has multiple pastebins, the league start one does not have the cluster gem socketed. Check out the endgame tree it'll be on the far right.
Sorry if this has been asked, I only read a few pages into the comments.

1) I already have Replica Fur and Badge of the Brotherhood. Would that amulet be helpful in the build to get the max frenzy charges as well?

2) Would it be viable to just stack power charges as well, on helm and 2x rings?

With Replica Fur and Badge of Brotherhood, Assassin can have 10 power charges, 10 frenzy charges, and 3 endurance charges up basically full time.

Would that be better, worse, or meh? Thanks
I've played it for a bit now. im still quite squishy with 2.8k life and im just level 78. but honestly, It doesnt really matter lol. it's a 'click once and whole screen is dead' kinda build. im loving it and its really good for scourging too. I have lots of room for improvements, Cant wait to see what a min max version of this is like xD
Have some questions about this build....I've been playing Poison BV and having a hard time getting out of yellow maps. This build looks like fun but i am worried after looking at the PoB that it is to squishy (i prefer builds that can tank some) i know dps can be a great defensive stat but i hate dying. Can anyone who has played this build in scourge league throw out some info as to how well this build handles in red maps. (Once i get my atlas points done i know how to farm into late game its the early late game i'm having trouble with right now)

Also do i need farruls before going Poets, I can afford the 2 poets and the helm plus my rare gear from poison BV (most of it) will carry over fine.
I am new to this. I do not even know how to open link at pastebin.com (It's a shame I guess). Someone please help to explain. Many thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info