💣Velyna's Poets Pen Blade Blast 💣 All Content | Easy Start | Melt Endgame | 2 Button Gameplay

I wonder if dropping the CWDT setup for an Animate Guardian could be a good improvement for the wealthy (Credit to Ziz for the idea). Immortal Call is inconsistent at best, and the Chaos Golem's buff is pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of things. However, a well equipped Animate Guardian running a Kingmaker, Garb of the Ephemeral, Mask of the Stitched Demon (with appropriate Grave Intentions passive, only a 2pt investment for us) and Victario's Flight would give us:

Nearby allies have Fortify
Nearby allies have Culling Strike
Nearby allies' action speed cannot be reduced below base
Nearby Enemies Cannot Crit (Even though we are assassin, criticals can still inflict deadly ignites/freezes/shocks)
+50% to Critical Strike Multiplier buff
10% increased movement speed for you and nearby allies

I have not tested it, but theoretically it should be quite a huge bonus defensively and offensively. With all the items listed, plus Southbound, the Animate Guardian should have around 50k life and 10% hp regen/sec, so it shouldn't die to anything except super rippy content. It would replace the 4L CWDT setup using a 21 Divergent AG, Minion Life, Divergent Meat Shield, and lvl 4 Empower.

The only iffy part is whether or not the AG will be able to keep up with our characters, as the Kingmaker buff is only 30 units. Still though, if someone has a spare AG setup on another character and is willing to try, I think the build could stand to gain a lot from it.
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on Jan 31, 2021, 11:39:37 PM
"
Velyna wrote:
"
uhzeez415 wrote:
Hi,

I was watching the videos you provided again and was wondering how you can fire kinetic bolt so fast? Also I have barrage on my chest but it doesn't seem to be used or triggered. Is barrage supposed to trigger with kinetic bolt? I have decent cast on crit chances, but All I seem to be doing is slow main hand and off hand casts that trigger blade fall and blade blast with no where near the speed I imagined.

Is there a specific gear that is required to cast/attack faster?

Thank you :)

It should be Barrage Support in the 6L

Oh my god i'm such an idiot. Thank you, it's much better now.
"
Velyna wrote:
Will update once patch notes are out.

I don't get the point of the 6 link, can't you save a lot of money doing 3-link and a 3link in the armor?

Kinetic Bolt only gets benefit from Faster Attack and Barrage(other stuff don't help it at all.

Bladefall only gets benefit from cast on crit/Spell Cascade (nothing else effects it)
unless I am wrong, as this is my only 2nd league playing fully, but just to make sure, getting 3link/3link chest would be exactly the same thing right?
"
311311 wrote:
"
Velyna wrote:

I don't get the point of the 6 link, can't you save a lot of money doing 3-link and a 3link in the armor?

Kinetic Bolt only gets benefit from Faster Attack and Barrage(other stuff don't help it at all.

Bladefall only gets benefit from cast on crit/Spell Cascade (nothing else effects it)
unless I am wrong, as this is my only 2nd league playing fully, but just to make sure, getting 3link/3link chest would be exactly the same thing right?

Kinetic bolt must be connected to bladefall + CoC for the setup to work.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
SimplyEkra wrote:
Thanks for your response earlier. I've been having quite an enjoyable time especially after switching over to explody gloves and qualitying my gems. Just a suggestion. I was doing some research on blade blast/bladefall builds and realised that since this league is heavily focused on bossing, I would recommend to add a section discussing players who favour bossing over mapping, should not quality your gems which increase AoE since it spreads out your dps when you Blade Blast, causing missed hits on bosses. I believe this could be mentioned somewhere in the build since explody gloves give you good clear with bladefall and you can get way better bossing DPS. Any thoughts?

True yea, I think the PoB doesn't have quality on bladefall though? Maybe I scuffed it. For sure it's not needed/wanted.
"
OriginalPhee wrote:
I wonder if dropping the CWDT setup for an Animate Guardian could be a good improvement for the wealthy (Credit to Ziz for the idea). Immortal Call is inconsistent at best, and the Chaos Golem's buff is pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of things. However, a well equipped Animate Guardian running a Kingmaker, Garb of the Ephemeral, Mask of the Stitched Demon (with appropriate Grave Intentions passive, only a 2pt investment for us) and Victario's Flight would give us:

Nearby Enemies Cannot Crit (Even though we are assassin, criticals can still inflict deadly ignites/freezes/shocks)

I have not tested it, but theoretically it should be quite a huge bonus defensively and offensively. With all the items listed, plus Southbound, the Animate Guardian should have around 50k life and 10% hp regen/sec, so it shouldn't die to anything except super rippy content. It would replace the 4L CWDT setup using a 21 Divergent AG, Minion Life, Divergent Meat Shield, and lvl 4 Empower.

The only iffy part is whether or not the AG will be able to keep up with our characters, as the Kingmaker buff is only 30 units. Still though, if someone has a spare AG setup on another character and is willing to try, I think the build could stand to gain a lot from it.

This...is super interesting.

I have no experience with AG though. I might look into this on standard later and if anybody else tests let me know!
"
GolovaLOshadi wrote:
Spend around 40ex for this build, every fight with boss at t14+ map - very hard trial. Can someone tell me what i doing wrong? Also i dead 92 times..

How much HP do you have? I think you just need more damage and a second curse. I'm actually wondering about a Vulnerability on hit ring now that Feast of Flesh was added to the build.

Also I dont think you have a watchers eye? That's -10% damage straight up. Bottled faith another 10% or so. Helm enchant. Theres a few things to beef up the kill speed which will feel a lot better.
Last edited by Velyna on Feb 1, 2021, 8:30:17 AM
"
Velyna wrote:
"
311311 wrote:
"
Velyna wrote:

Kinetic bolt must be connected to bladefall + CoC for the setup to work.

K(now I understand I read the cast on crit gem more, thanks).
So having Bladefall 2x, makes it proc more correct? Since we have blade fall in the wand, and in the chest piece?
is there a limit to how many blades, as this POB thing only goes up to 50, so since we have bladefall in 2 different items, do we get up to 100x blades?, or can it go even higher?
"
OriginalPhee wrote:

This actually sounds superb. I've only ever used AG as a Necromancer but its really a huge buff in both defensive and offensive. The 4% from chaos golem doesn't seem to be a big of a deal breaker.

I think its preference though whether if you want Immortal Call or AG. Right now with my gear, i do plenty of damage and having a defensive would just make it sweet. Fortify on the other sounds really tempting, especially with culling strike.

I may test it myself when i recover currency and see how it goes. I think the 50% multi would actually be nuts.

Well, another item for the build down. I missed Harvest <3

Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on Feb 2, 2021, 2:24:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info