[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
thomzon wrote:
Vei, what is weird is that you say Hiero is highest damage, but:
- Your Hiero PoB gives about 1M DPS per totem, for 7 totem that's about 7M DPS
- Your Raider PoB gives about 1.7M DPS per totem, for 6 totems that's about 10.2M DPS

So how come you say Hiero is highest DPS ? Cause gear looks the same, and 3 levels can't make that huge a difference ?

Ok to clear all confusion up, the Hiero's POB Pastebin in Section 7 of the guide, That is using Different Settings/Setups compared to the Scion/Chieftain/Raider. The main big changes are Point Blank Distance of 1 and Flammability switched to Sniper's Mark and a few other small changes on equipments. I made these changes to as to ensure on the higher end the DPS is reflected as accurately as possible but I should have highlighted it also, so sorry for the confusion caused!

Here's the POB Pastebin for Hiero with a similar Setup/Settings like the Scion/Raider/Chieftain one I put up

https://pastebin.com/y6jfuxDQ

I have also put this in the FAQ post for comparison.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jan 13, 2021, 8:50:10 AM
Hi vei! Just as regards ascendant chieftain/slayer you are leeching through your totems and you get the overleech for slayer. This was the go to at least on hc for the old build.

Anyway, what do you think about pure champion?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Vei wrote:
"
thomzon wrote:
Vei, what is weird is that you say Hiero is highest damage, but:
- Your Hiero PoB gives about 1M DPS per totem, for 7 totem that's about 7M DPS
- Your Raider PoB gives about 1.7M DPS per totem, for 6 totems that's about 10.2M DPS

So how come you say Hiero is highest DPS ? Cause gear looks the same, and 3 levels can't make that huge a difference ?

Ok to clear all confusion up, the Hiero's POB Pastebin in Section 7 of the guide, That is using Different Settings/Setups compared to the Scion/Chieftain/Raider. The main big changes are Point Blank Distance of 1 and Flammability switched to Sniper's Mark and a few other small changes on equipments. I made these changes to as to ensure on the higher end the DPS is reflected as accurately as possible but I should have highlighted it also, so sorry for the confusion caused!

Here's the POB Pastebin for Hiero with a similar Setup/Settings like the Scion/Raider/Chieftain one I put up

https://pastebin.com/y6jfuxDQ

I have also put this in the FAQ post for comparison.

Ah thanks ! Now it makes much more sense :-)
Ok. here we go.

This should not be taken as a 100% confirmed. I've downloaded and run current dev branch of PoB Community, which already has some of 3.13 stuff in it.
I've imported the Vai's Raider tree with no changes, as is.

This is only with tree. Gems have not been updated yet.
Just made a super quick testrun to Piety "SSF" like, starting with ranger with caustic arrow. Also added ballista support + ele hit as soon as possible.
Caustic arrow actually carries quite well if you rush the bow nodes that also give increased DoT. Not the best, but good enough.

Ele hit sucks ass, but even on a 3 link I can see it sucking less as it levels and attack speed ramps up. I think that after 1st lab and taking the main ballista nodes, it can be used without sucking so much, until it's good enough to go Ancestral Bond.

Not the best experience, but I prefer that to using HFT, seems more organic.
Looking at those numbers, I agree that the biggest potential issues are mana and hp regen. The -mana cost to non-channeling skills will be almost required.

As a related question, how does the effect of Berserk with Chainbreaker play with other ascendancies? Should we drop grace (doesnt seem to be doing much, drops evasion from 95% -> 94% in Raider pob) for Clarity, which I believe gets around Chainbreaker?
Last edited by Crystarin on Jan 13, 2021, 10:41:09 AM
"
Crystarin wrote:
As a related question, how does the effect of Berserk with Chainbreaker play with other ascendancies?

It's basically a multiplier to all the stats(Attack speed, Attack Damage, etc) But I think importantly is also it gives 19% Less Damage during it's effect

And just for info on how long it lasts:

On my Scion with the 40% Mana Regeneration from the top left node at starting Scion area(After Buffed by 2 x Might of the Meek) + 60% from Frostferno which everyone has

Chainbreaker lasts for 12 seconds and takes 9 seconds to recover

For references

Hiero's Chainbreaker lasts for 13 seconds and takes 7 seconds to recover

Remember Berserk Gem itself has 5 Second cooldown.

"
Crystarin wrote:
Without the built-in mana regen of Hiero, can we even regenerate mana without flasks?

With 2 x "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana" as long you don't hold down the Ballista Button and don't release it I think it should be ok. Skills other than Sniper's Mark basically costs 0 or 1 mana at this point. Plus other Ascendancy also doesn't put totem as fast as Hiero. Also, Ahewaz had 2 videos of him playing on Raider. Maybe he can comment on if he encountered any issues while playing.

"
Crystarin wrote:
Should we drop grace (looks to drop evasion from 95% -> 92%) for Clarity, which I believe gets around Chainbreaker?

Grace is important, the 95% Evade is after enemy is blinded with wind dancer(Hit Recently)

Without Blind and Wind Dancer(Hit Recently), Evade becomes 60% with Grace and 35% without Grace. 35% is a bit low.

I would think a low level clarity would be good enough to help the mana and that probably could be use at the same time as Grace

Alternatively Enlighten(Linked to Grace/Skitterbot/Clarity) or Blood Magic(Link to low level Clarity) can be considered as options also

To be honest from my experience mana isn't too bad of an issue as long we get the 2 x "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana". I am more concern about recovering health if I am playing Raider/Deadeye.

"
Moridin79 wrote:
Hi vei! Just as regards ascendant chieftain/slayer you are leeching through your totems and you get the overleech for slayer. This was the go to at least on hc for the old build

Ah! I was thinking about "While leeching" and softcore but ya what you say totally make sense for Hardcore.

That said, hmm two items, Soul Tether and Offering to the Serpent(I know it has that 50% reduced Maximum Recovery per Life Leech), gives the same effect also. I am not sure if the items can Overleech like the Slayer Ascendancy but if it does, then the consideration will be between:

Chieftain + Raider + Soul Tether/Offering to the Serpent(We sacrifice the benefit of a belt/glove)

Versus

Chieftain + Slayer + Some Dodge item and Onslaught(Silver Flask)(For comparison)

Accessibility to Soul Tether/Offering to the Serpent is 1 thing, not sure about HC availability.

I just thought this is something can be considered like which approach is better. 10% Dodge from the Raider Ascendancy is pretty big amount and Onslaught frees up a Flask Slot while providing the 20% Movespeed(Which is also rare generally) that helps in survivability in terms of avoiding danger.

"
Moridin79 wrote:
Anyway, what do you think about pure champion?

Well, can't quite comment on that because I am not too familiar with Champion. But since you talked about Champion, not sure if you saw my reply a few pages back, there I mentioned a way to get 40+ sec Fortify for this Char if we invest in a few things. I'll copy paste it here:

"
Requirements
- 1 Jewel Slot in Passive Tree with The Vigil Unique Jewel Socketed(Radius must have 40 Str, these no need to be allocated point)
- Melee Weapon in offhand socketed with Vigilant Strike Linked to Fortify

Weapon Swap and Vigilant Strike the enemy, 40+ seconds Fortify buff there :)

Definitely a good idea to use for HC!

To comment about the Mana Regen. Both the Scion (Chieftain / Raider) & pure Raider had mana issues till I got the 2 rings with -9 to mana. Once I got the rings, both were easy to play. I never carried a mana pot or had mana issues.

Spoiler

EDIT: So I took my Heiro and added it to the 3.13 POB.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Jan 13, 2021, 11:38:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info