[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

WE GOT A GOOD BUFF ON ballista support !!! IM DOING THIS IN 3.13 but... what ascedancy lol deadeye ? hahahaha
Sup mates.

Looks like it's that time of year again.

First of all gz Vei on creating his own thread. Looks like there are a lot of small but impactful changes to the build from september! <3 to all supporters.

Seems like raider is a great new ascendancy choice for EHBT.. Just like Vei already pointed out. But but.. im kinda sorta not sure there is a point in leveling through HFT from the start right now if you are league starting this.
Since we get to ancestral bond at around level 28?-30? just right around siosa levels and avatar of fire at about 32 maybe it's better to level them in a swap-set or use them with something else.
Maybe it's even worth going for some kinda scuffed bow leveling on a way to 60 since we are close to the nodes.

Im not sure just yet. Probly will do some scrub test runs tomorrow.

Last edited by lolshie on Jan 12, 2021, 5:38:37 PM
Pure Raider or Champion would be pretty sick as well.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Vei wrote:
"
velkron wrote:
Hello everyone.
Vei, what do you think about my champion version of this build?

https://pastebin.com/B7aUQQN3

Hi there,

Interesting Interaction

I saw this interesting interaction and wrote my comments about it below which I can't 100% confirm, but if you happen to test it and don't mind sharing the result with us how it turns out, that will be awesome. :)

You have these 2 Ascendancy Notable:

Worthy Foe
Enemies Taunted by you cannot Evade Attacks
*Removed 1 line of text to make the discussion easier*

Conqueror
100% chance to Taunt on Hit
*Removed 3 line of text to make the discussion easier*

Your chance to hit is 78%

GGG's wordings are generally pretty accurate so base on the wordings and how Taunt work:

Scenario 1.
We shoot the enemy 1st and keep on shooting the enemy to maintain our taunt on the enemy

Worthy Foe's by you will be in effect and Chance to Hit them will become 100% since now the enemy cannot Evade Attacks.

Scenario 2.
Totem A, B and You start shooting at the enemy but Totem A hit the enemy 1st and keep on shooting the enemy and maintain their taunt on the enemy

In this case, since Worthy Foe's text says by you, this means the enemies are not considered to be taunted by us(Its Totem A that taunted the enemy), which means Worthy Foe's by you doesn't work and that means Totem B and you will follow the 78% Chance to hit and you will see Totem B and your shots miss 22% of the time.

What does all these mean?

To take advantage of all the by you and you've benefits in the Champion Ascendancy, you have to start shooting first in all encounters and maintain your taunt on the enemy(Taunt lasts for 3 seconds) which means shooting the enemy at least once every 3 seconds.

Otherwise, all the by you and you've are not working.

As for how to test this, just follow scenario 2 and see if your arrow will miss the Target.

Arrow Miss = what I say is correct
Arrow never Miss = POE is complicated ;)

The below might not be what you need a reply on since it doesn't sound like you are asking about your Equipment setup but I'll put it here just in case.

I am not sure how good the Level 14 Clarity is sustaining mana for you, since I see you are also using a Mana Flask.

Can consider getting 2 x "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost" probably on your rings, then you can free up Clarity, maybe in exchange for Vitality(Instead of Grace) then since I see that you are using Flesh and Blood. This will also free up a Flask Slot since you no longer need the Mana Flask.

Other than the 2 above everything looks great! :)

Worthy foe also works with totems, people tested it. Not sure if it has changed or not.

http://fr.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837925/page/1

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5w0lzh/psa_champions_worthy_foe_works_with_totems/
Last edited by bgi123 on Jan 12, 2021, 7:30:38 PM
Well, I decided to try a Raider. For level 90, this has to be the easiest kill I have ever done.

PoB

IGN: TheUnknownFreak

Gear.
Spoiler

Conquerors

Sirus 8
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
Well, I decided to try a Raider. For level 90, this has to be the easiest kill I have ever done.

PoB

IGN: TheUnknownFreak

You have extremely nutty gear though..
I'm completely lost as to what class to leaguestart xD

Raider looks sweet. Hierophant looks safe. Scion looks beefy.
Halp.
Question regarding non-hiero ascendencies:

How does it feel to play ? Is the low totem placement speed an issue ? Never played non hiero totem, so before i will make a decision it would be nice to know.

Do you have maybe a video showing ballista totems placement on non-hiero ?
Great to wake up and see good news. Looking at the Today's update, the ones that stand out to me

Ballista Totem Buff

That buff to Ballista Totem is around a 17% increase in our DPS! To put that into perspective if we have 1 more max totem its like around 14% more DPS so it's like we got 1+ totem for "free" but we don't need to place it down to gain it effect which is nice considering that 2 become 1 nerf :)

Estuary Map at T15

Frostferno is going to be rarer and more expensive this league. Unless you are playing the league much later, will have to farm that Tabula Rasa and use the 6L setup until getting access to Frostferno. More info at "10.3 Note for Early League Rushers" and "10.4 Farming Tabula Rasa/Chaos Orbs"

For references, when Estuary was at T14 in Harvest, it costed 50c at Day 4.

So all looking good for this build except that 2 become 1, which kind of reminds me of Spice Girl's "2 Become 1" song that has the lyrics

"I need some love like I never needed love before"

which is how I feel when I saw the nerf

and love did we receive from the Ballista Totem buff ;)

And here's my response to you guy's posts

bartpio
"
bartpio wrote:
Question regarding non-hiero ascendencies:

How does it feel to play ? Is the low totem placement speed an issue ? Never played non hiero totem, so before i will make a decision it would be nice to know.

Do you have maybe a video showing ballista totems placement on non-hiero ?

You can check out Ahewaz's Youtube channel, his 4 most recent videos is him testing using Raider/Ascendant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsGDN6KnfoOk6jEueIpRJ_w/videos
thomzon
"
thomzon wrote:
I'm completely lost as to what class to leaguestart xD

Raider looks sweet. Hierophant looks safe. Scion looks beefy.
Halp.

I'll just add my comments which I personally think is the most important that people usually don't consider(Because it's a defensive one), if one doesn't like the idea of pressing or using 2-3 Life Flask, best to choose Scion/Chieftain.
bgi123
"
bgi123 wrote:

Worthy foe also works with totems, people tested it. Not sure if it has changed or not.

http://fr.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837925/page/1

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5w0lzh/psa_champions_worthy_foe_works_with_totems/

Thanks for sharing that, that's very nice info!

This is kind of in line with Pyre's and the Notable Cremator's affix

Pyre
Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill

Cremator
Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill

Which I tested both, although I didn't hit the enemy, they are still destroyed.

What's important about this here is because Cinderswallow's Urn has this affix

Cinderswallow's Urn
Enemies Ignited by you during Flask Effect take 10% increased Damage

and that is a big chunk of DPS if we use it.

However I did some test with Ngamahu's Sign(Which is the closest affix I found compared to the Cinder's affix) on a No Regen Map

Ngamahu's Sign
Recover (20-30) Life when you Ignite an Enemy

I took some damage, then let my totem ignite the enemy, it doesn't recover my life

So from this, I kind of assume Cinderswallow doesn't help our DPS although it does show the DPS increase in POB.

If anyone has anymore info about Cinderswallow working with Totems(Outside of POB) will appreciate if you could share. Thank you!
lolshie
"
lolshie wrote:
Sup mates.

Looks like it's that time of year again.

First of all gz Vei on creating his own thread. Looks like there are a lot of small but impactful changes to the build from september! <3 to all supporters.

Seems like raider is a great new ascendancy choice for EHBT.. Just like Vei already pointed out. But but.. im kinda sorta not sure there is a point in leveling through HFT from the start right now if you are league starting this.
Since we get to ancestral bond at around level 28?-30? just right around siosa levels and avatar of fire at about 32 maybe it's better to level them in a swap-set or use them with something else.
Maybe it's even worth going for some kinda scuffed bow leveling on a way to 60 since we are close to the nodes.

Im not sure just yet. Probly will do some scrub test runs tomorrow.

Hey lolshie,

Great to see you again and thanks! :)

I'll like to add a point to the Raider POB, I just clicked Iron Reflex to test how it goes and it seems like I still get 68%! Evade(Will be higher when its buffed with the 3.13 POB update) which is a decent amount but now my Physical Damage Reduction went from 17% to 51%, thats a pretty big increase and definitely could be worth considering unless I am seeing some strange things here lol...

Yeah the HFT idea is totally not for people like you but more for a casual like me ;)

I recall seeing people mention tytykiller has some Ranger leveling videos or something, maybe that might help with ideas.

Wishing you some great ideas for your test runs :)

Cheers
andayk
"
andayk wrote:
To avoid the gem swap one could potentially use a 6L +3 Thicket bow for bossing with Empower and a Loreweave for the utlity gems? You'd trade in a lot of life for that but get higher max res. Maybe worth a shot?

Previously someone asked about a 6L +3 Thicket Bow I did some test, it wasn't that good in term of DPS compared to Frostferno + Quill Rain. In fact when gears get better, it falls behind a Non-Corrupted Frostferno by quite a bit.
Moridin79
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Chieftan/Slayer since Ascendant's Slayer overleech was reverted?

Chieftan/Slayer is definitely a possible choice but currently we don't make use of "while leeching" affixes on our Gears/Passive Tree so the "Life Leech not removed on full life" benefit doesn't really help us.

As for Culling Strike that is useful but Ascendant if using a normal 6 Socket Armour instead of Kaom's Heart, should be able to include Culling Strike as one of the Gems.

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jan 13, 2021, 1:03:15 AM
Thanks for the link. Just had a look at it.
DPS does not look that bad, could be better, but placement speed is not an issue indeed.

With the buffs to Raider and ballista support it indeed is a very valid option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info