[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Just watched Badger's version with Perforate and perma adrenaline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3uH7CnByK4

I wonder if it will be good as he saying.
I don't think anyone actually understands how the channeling limit works. Go to your hideout and spawn some BF-linked mirage warriors and you will see that they have a duration of 1.75 seconds. Now swap BF for lacerate and you will see that your mirage warriors have the full 5 second duration. So, it appears that instead of limiting how long mirage warriors can channel; it limits the duration of mirage warriors that are linked to a channeling skill. Now the question is; if the current limit is 1 second, why do they have a duration of 1.75 seconds? And if the limit is being reduced by 40%, does that mean the new duration will be 1.05 seconds?

While we're talking about things that don't make sense, why do mirage warriors not have the correct attack speed? They should hit max charges in about .8 seconds with this build, but it takes them over twice as long according to people who have analyzed game play footage frame by frame.

edit: Looking at it again, i think the duration is 1.8 seconds. I notice that the original use time of generals cry is .8 seconds. I wonder if it was too difficult to code a an actual channeling limit, so they coded a minion duration instead. However, since mirage warriors won't necessarily attack immediately it would be unfair to make the duration limit the same as the channeling limit. So they wanted a grace period and they ended up using the original .8 use time of generals cry. If this is true and the new duration is 1.4, then this should be a mild nerf with a few changes.

edit2: I did some more testing. Increased duration will increase the duration of mirage warriors linked with non-channeling skills but not when linked with channeling skills. The 1.8s duration for channeling skill linked mirage warriors seems constant.
Last edited by jooooooosiejuice on Apr 15, 2021, 4:16:55 PM
"
Sprucesoup wrote:
Following the average stage multiplier of Blade Flurry the attack speed breaking points and damage reduction caused by the nerf are:

Stages --- A/S ---- DR
1 -------- 1.66 --- 0.59
2 -------- 3.33 --- 0.68
3 -------- 5.00 --- 0.76
4 -------- 6.66 --- 0.84
5 -------- 8.33 --- 0.92
6 -------- 10.0 --- 1.00

I don't think these numbers are for general's cry, instead they assume that the player immediately begins attacking again after releasing. We need to look at total damage per channel, not dps of blade flurry. So the numbers are more like:

Stages --- A/S ---- DR
1 -------- 1.66 --- 0.10
2 -------- 3.33 --- 0.23
3 -------- 5.00 --- 0.38
4 -------- 6.66 --- 0.56
5 -------- 8.33 --- 0.77
6 -------- 10.0 --- 1.00
"
I don't think anyone actually understands how the channeling limit works. Go to your hideout and spawn some BF-linked mirage warriors and you will see that they have a duration of 1.75 seconds. Now swap BF for lacerate and you will see that your mirage warriors have the full 5 second duration. So, it appears that instead of limiting how long mirage warriors can channel; it limits the duration of mirage warriors that are linked to a channeling skill. Now the question is; if the current limit is 1 second, why do they have a duration of 1.75 seconds? And if the limit is being reduced by 40%, does that mean the new duration will be 1.05 seconds?

While we're talking about things that don't make sense, why do mirage warriors not have the correct attack speed? They should hit max charges in about .8 seconds with this build, but it takes them over twice as long according to people who have analyzed game play footage frame by frame.

edit: Looking at it again, i think the duration is 1.8 seconds. I notice that the original use time of generals cry is .8 seconds. I wonder if it was too difficult to code a an actual channeling limit, so they coded a minion duration instead. However, since mirage warriors won't necessarily attack immediately it would be unfair to make the duration limit the same as the channeling limit. So they wanted a grace period and they ended up using the original .8 use time of generals cry. If this is true and the new duration is 1.4, then this should be a mild nerf with a few changes.

edit2: I did some more testing. Increased duration will increase the duration of mirage warriors linked with non-channeling skills but not when linked with channeling skills. The 1.8s duration for channeling skill linked mirage warriors seems constant.

That seems to make sense and would explain alot. For example the top tool bar shows constant 6/6 Mirage Warriors for me while mapping and bossing even though they should be able complete their channelling before my GC CD is up again. I suspect that mirage warriors channel for the full 1.8s as you can still attack while at 6 stages and release either when the 1.8s is done or you summon new MWs. If this is indeed the case this would mean that the nerf does nothing as long as your GC CD is not over 1.4s.
I need some help with leveling on this build. I saw that people have said that leveling was easy with it, and that the nerf wasn't that bad. I assumed that I was just having trouble because I didn't have Redblade's Banner or a good weapon, but I got the banner and an all-green Scaeva (saw that was also suggested elsewhere), but it changed basically nothing. I'm struggling to kill blue packs and yellow mobs take 15 seconds to kill. Is there some important part of this build that I've missed? Or has the nerf made this more of a late-game build? I'd like to give this one more shot before rerolling.

https://pastebin.com/B22E7dx8
"
mythmonster2 wrote:
Or has the nerf made this more of a late-game build? I'd like to give this one more shot before rerolling.

I'm new to this build as of this league but I think that the biggest problem with your setup is your attack rate is way too low, the nerf made low attack speed a massive problem, we're now aiming for 10aps with ~20 rage, and blitz+frenzy charges. Ichimonji or a pDps foil with fast (~2.0) attack rate should change this completely.

I had this drop in acts and haven't found a need to replace it yet, I think it should last till paradoxica.

In relation to leveling, I would just play this as a warcry slammer with Eartshatter/Ground Slam/Earthquake until you get a 5 link, otherwise you are playing on a 3 link. I'm in low yellow maps using a 5 link and map bosses die as fast as white mobs, so damage aint a problem yet.
Last edited by dlaiyre on Apr 19, 2021, 7:17:19 PM
Sorry if it was already asked but, does not "exert", from the "general's cry" play something on the stages stack?

I was trying "Champion general's cry perforate" but I changed to bladed flurry and can't see a way to make faster attack speed to reach 10 with champion (no blitz). I even tried on POB changing pulverize in favor of faster attacks but... I can reach 5aps only.

Any advise? Champion pulverize seeems really low in numbers compared to blade flurry even with the nerf.
Last edited by Surtido on Apr 20, 2021, 12:44:49 PM
Im doing a similar BF Generals Cry build atm, anyone can give me ideas on how to fix the clear? We get no explosions so clear is kinda bad, the single target still is insane and I think if we can reach that 10aps and losing what.. like 20% high end damage.. its still gonna be insane.

The only thing im trying to figure out is how to make it clear good
Mathils actual cat
"
HDTanel wrote:
Im doing a similar BF Generals Cry build atm, anyone can give me ideas on how to fix the clear? We get no explosions so clear is kinda bad, the single target still is insane and I think if we can reach that 10aps and losing what.. like 20% high end damage.. its still gonna be insane.

Might want to try out a gemswap for something like Reave which gets massive AoE.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Apr 20, 2021, 7:03:33 PM
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
HDTanel wrote:

Might want to try out a gemswap for something like Reave which gets massive AoE.

I never ever do gem swap builds. So thats out of the question.
Anyway will look how my build goes, am using some interesting uniques to help with the AS and some other stuff to boost deeps back up.

I mean if the minions kill everything fast enough then no need for any sort of explosions.
Mathils actual cat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info