[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

(Please correct me if I am wrong) but i don't believe the Mirage Warriors now channel for a duration of 0.6 seconds (previously 1 second) will make a sigificant impact on the build. maybe early before you get enough attack speed.
it looks...fine? With max blitz charges unless I am missing something you are going to hit 6 stages in .6 seconds. My POB is at over 9 attacks a second with 0 attack speed on anything except my paradoxica.

"
The endgame paradoxica setup was super squishy

Maybe if you follow this guide, idk. But my Berserker was facerolling all end game content. Abyssus is overkill, get a def helm or maybe a fortify effect one.
"
Br0kenW1ng wrote:
(Please correct me if I am wrong) but i don't believe the Mirage Warriors now channel for a duration of 0.6 seconds (previously 1 second) will make a sigificant impact on the build. maybe early before you get enough attack speed.

I made some calculations and don't know if it's correct but here it is. Attack rate for this build is 7.96/s which means per attack requires 0.13s. Now with the nerfs mirage warriors need 0.13*6=0.78s to reach full charged release. GGG only allow 0.6 channel duration so mirage warriors will disappear without reaching full charge. We need 10.0/s attack rate to make that happen. Yeah this nerf is kinda big but not gonna kill the build. It's still strong and playable.
"
wishdropper wrote:
"
Br0kenW1ng wrote:

I made some calculations and don't know if it's correct but here it is. Attack rate for this build is 7.96/s which means per attack requires 0.13s. Now with the nerfs mirage warriors need 0.13*6=0.78s to reach full charged release. GGG only allow 0.6 channel duration so mirage warriors will disappear without reaching full charge. We need 10.0/s attack rate to make that happen. Yeah this nerf is kinda big but not gonna kill the build. It's still strong and playable.

So we need about 18-20 % attack speed? New catalyst perhaps?
Following the average stage multiplier of Blade Flurry the attack speed breaking points and damage reduction caused by the nerf are:

Stages --- A/S ---- DR
1 -------- 1.66 --- 0.59
2 -------- 3.33 --- 0.68
3 -------- 5.00 --- 0.76
4 -------- 6.66 --- 0.84
5 -------- 8.33 --- 0.92
6 -------- 10.0 --- 1.00

As we can see the nerf mainly hurts the early/transition phase of the build and the late game capabilities of the build stay essentially the same. Faster attacking weapons like Ichimonji should most likely be favoured at league start over the slower ones like Ahn's Might and Scaeva so the attack speed thresholds can be met easier. Overall, the nerf is quite small as long as you take the attack speed thresholds into account and I think the build will be a really strong league starter (I would level slam and change into general cry in maps).

As an end note when looking at POB you really need to think how many blitz, rage and frenzy charges you will have in a normal scenario. If you meet a threshold only at max stacks it is safe to say that most of the time you will be doing considerably less damage. Onslaught is quite nice attack speed increase, and it can be gotten from medium cluster jewel notable Lead By Example or Silver Flask. I would aim for at least reliable stage 4 and I believe at that level build should feel quite nice despite the nerfs.

Expand derivation of the stage multiplier to find average stage multiplier.
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Blade_Flurry

EDIT: Did some testing and all charges seem to stay up pretty well while mapping and bossing. Rage drops to around 20 sometimes but blitz, power, endurance and frenzy charges are permanently capped. While Berserk is not active according to POB I hit stage 4 level of AS even when at 20 rage and while Berserk is up stage 5.

Last edited by Sprucesoup on Apr 14, 2021, 5:42:31 AM
We can replace abyssus for deidbellow +20 % as
Last edited by Demoniszek on Apr 14, 2021, 4:36:03 AM
"
GAP wrote:
"
wishdropper wrote:
"
Br0kenW1ng wrote:

So we need about 18-20 % attack speed? New catalyst perhaps?

We need that much more attack speed not increased attack speed so pretty much no single thing will be enough. However 8.33 attacks per second is quite achievable and would leave us at 0.92 times the damage before nerf.
Hi guys!

I have no experince with melee builds at all, can you suggest where to take a look at leveling tips for the build?

From this post I see a final picture for the build, but don't know what will be the most effective way of blasting through acts with transition to general's cry.

Suggestions are highly appreciated!
Hi , pulverise is 15% less attac spedd , change the gem for another ?
"
ssinss wrote:
Hi , pulverise is 15% less attac spedd , change the gem for another ?

Maybe change pulverise to fortify gem, and change boots to tailwind. We can get 10aspd with every charges up, 20rage, and berserk up.

Edit: Ok i forgot that fortify cant be triggered on player. Maybe other gem would be better like faster attack for example.
I did some calc on pob and if we swap pulverize to faster attack and abyssus to devotos, with charges up and berserk up i got 11.74 aspd but with berserk down but 45 rage i got 10.14 aspd.
With flesh and stone nerfed, i think we need to drop blood and sand and it will be great dps loss as well.
Last edited by jinhaoxuan on Apr 14, 2021, 6:31:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info