[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

I'm early on trying this build very frustrating trying to use the 6 linked you have labeled at level 28, Blade Flurry Doesn't work with general cry currently. I don't know why but do not use general cry if you get a taba or 6 linked armor early on... I would note this in your build guide because some newbs might give up on this one not knowing why they can't use Blade Flurry. Other then that been fun AF.
GC does work with BF at level 28, assuming that GC and BF both have their requirements met.

At first I assumed you had a weapon that doesn't work with BF, but you're using Ewars Mirage so should be ok. You don't have Redblade Banner until level 35, so warcry power can be an issue - if you warcry without any enemies around, you'll have 0 power and make 0 generals. But if you warcry in a big pack, you'll have power. The other probable issue is that GC needs corpses, and you have no corpse generation. You get CwC later on, around level 35 and can use it shortly after, so for now it's a self-cast desecrate by a pack and then cry if you want to use GC now.

Honestly, I'd set that 6L up with totems and multiple totems and just keep running til the late 30s to get Redblade Banner and CwC, do Normal lab for the warcry node, and then switch to GC. Finally, since BF really benefits from attack speed and you probably don't have enough yet, I'd consider leveling with Lacerate instead of BF in your GC links. It feels pretty good right away, whereas BF can feel pretty anemic at first. I switched to BF after Blitz, though I am now thinking of respeccing into Rite of Ruin.
The mechanic of this build start working after lv 38
cyclone+cwc+descerate = corpse generate
GC+BF = consume corpse to summon mirage to use BF

I can't see how this going to work well with lv 28.

I use 2H + groundslam till lv38. Lv1-38 is the most miserable of this build.
After you get shield + core skill gem.
Nothing can't stop you.
I just self cast desecrate linked to spell cascade when i first got generals cry. Wasn't an issue at all. Brutus lead sprinkler and consecrated path is fun while i'm leveling towards BF /swords/impale.
Can also run zombies with Aukuna's Will gloves since those gloves counts zombies as corpses (gloves can also be equipped at level 31).
Really enjoying the build so far, even as a newish player with no idea what I'm doing.

Was just wondering if you think I should upgrade my current chest piece into an exploding one or if I should improve something before that?

Would appreciate any tips anyone could have for me, thanks for the build.
I would get an attack crit chest before an explode one. That survival skills jewel is pretty darn bad too and should be replaced. You can save a travel point by connecting Unwavering Stance to Barbarism and unspeccing the two points in the bottom left. I'd use the spare point on Eagle Eye. A large ring thread of hope in the left jewel socket can get you Versatility, Steadfast, Aggressive Bastion, and Blade Master. It takes 2 points to get the jewel socket, then 4 for those notables. Right now you have 2 of the notables and 4 lower value minor nodes - it's a solid choice if you have the resists. You've also got a 1 point jewel socket to pick up on the way to the life wheel. Unspec 1 life point and get a jewel with life and some damage.
How would you craft either an attack crit chest or the explode one?
Attack crit is easy - it's the only Attack tagged suffix on elder and hunter bases. A 6W astral is about 80c, so start there and use harvest to get crit. Explode is harder, so I'd probably just buy a garbage base with it already on it then awakening orb the two together and hope for good results. Or if you want to craft just explode and not together with crit, there's a lot of guides that are good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hip1wg/guide_to_explode_chest_deterministic_crafting_for/ is one route that works well. You could also just target farm harvest and throw phys reforges or something as well, especially if you're SSF.

Edit - what makes explode harder is there are three crusader or normal prefixes tagged phys, so you have to get the two more common ones (reflect phys, and phys taken as lightning) and then aug explode. So you need an open prefix. And then ideally an open suffix so you can scour suffixes. Or, rather than scouring suffixes, you could throw annuls and hope to hit the phys reflect mod (it is not removeable with Harvest), and go from there.
Last edited by malebranche on Feb 17, 2021, 11:32:21 PM
Any reason for dash over leap slam? Or is it just preference regarding travel time? Seems an easy way to get fortify before boots.

Also, some act bosses bug out and become immune, dunno if it's due to the pets or insane dps but just a heads up for anyone leveling. Porting out and in seems to fix it.
Last edited by QkiPie on Feb 18, 2021, 2:23:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info