Path of Exile Lore: Questions and Answers - Part Two

"
These answers are, strangely, written in first person, but not only that, the one speaking doesn't seem to know the absolute truth, so it can't be meta commentary by someone from GGG. It feels like the one speaking is a character within the story giving us their insights on the subjects discussed.

Am I missing something? Who supposedly is answering these questions?

It also happened on the last post, so there has to be something going on here...

Suggestion for devs: Maybe there should be an NPC in the game, that would be saying these things instead of posting them here. Mysterious gossiper or something more creative. Just sayin'
Love getting a better understanding about the world I love and play so many hours in. Thanks for that. Cant wait for part:3 (hopefully)??
Unfortunate not really too "hot" questions in general but who knows where they get the questions from.. probably reddit.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
What is the Lore behind death? What happens when our character dies in game.
Such nice insights and knowledge, much appreciated!
"
So if people could not become gods once the beast was made, and the vaal started using corruption after, where does Yugul becoming a god fit in?

"
For a bit of extra information on the question, this is the same general reason that people couldn’t become gods while the Beast was active.

I'd assume there is a way to achieve godhood not only through divinity, but through corruption as well. The quote does permit exceptions. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a Vaal scholar found a path to be worshipped as god for his corruption.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Let us not forget what Clarissa had to say about Hargan:

"
Hargan likes to think he was my kind, old 'uncle' back in Theopolis. Granted, the work he gave me saved my parents and I from starvation.

This was after my father lost the family fortune at the card table and we had to give up the manor in the country for a flea-box in Theopolis.

But he's not half as generous as he makes out. When Hargan gives you something, you can be damned sure that he's getting his pound of flesh in return.

Doesn't sound like the sort of relationship that would bring the old rascal out of Oriath to look after Clarissa. ='[.]'=

I was under the impression he came to Wraeclast to make business, not to look after an employee.

"
These answers are, strangely, written in first person, but not only that, the one speaking doesn't seem to know the absolute truth, so it can't be meta commentary by someone from GGG. It feels like the one speaking is a character within the story giving us their insights on the subjects discussed.

Am I missing something? Who supposedly is answering these questions?

It also happened on the last post, so there has to be something going on here...

Anytime " I " is used in an answer it is used as " I believe ". The first person perspective might have been used here to mark facts as hearsay, unconfirmed, but probably true if not a convenient explanation.
Yeah that answer about Hargan doesn't make any sense. He looks after himself, there's no indication that he really cares for anyone else.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
So Zana is well preserved Grandmother that have 150 years old and can shape shift to a cat form, and be in two different places at the same time..
"
Piety had a Ball Lightning gem, an Ice Shot gem linked to a Multiple Projectiles support, and a fire melee gem of some sort.

So you really think no one notice missing "lightning storm" explanation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info