[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

"
AaxFamily wrote:

Only drawback for me: weak on legion. But it's not very important.

That's why I have it in the pro/cons in the guide ;-)

But happy you like the Build :-)
Poeatlas.app
Last edited by Weo_ on Apr 29, 2023, 8:03:16 AM
"
Weo_ wrote:
That's why I have it in the pro/cons in the guide ;-)
But happy you like the Build :-)

Oh yes, I read your whole guide. I just confirm :-)

Still happy with the build : dark star, sirus, elder and atziri (no death) & uber atziri (1 death). And still with the tabula !!!
Waiting the frags for the uber elder (miss 2 of them), but I never succeeded this one... :-(
"
Weo_ wrote:

Hello there Exile, I finally came around to write a little Guide for my long-time (since Legion) league starter.

The Build is viable in 3.21!

Who is this build for
Spoiler

This Build is mainly aimed for casual players that like to stick to one Character within a league and finish the Atlas and Pinnacle encounters with it.
This Build is not meant for T16 Delirium Juicers, High Speed Farmers etc.

You can do almost anything with this build, but if you want to efficiently farm a certain content there is likely a Build that is far better suited for it. So most of the time the Answer to the Question "Can this Build farm ..." will be "Yes, but there are likely Builds that are better suited for it."

3.21 Changes / Notes
Spoiler

- The Darkness Enthroned Unique Belt now has 50-100% increased Effect of Socketed Abyss Jewels (previously 75%).

--> With a good roll, this is a buff!
Other Notes:

Guide Version: 3.21.0 (04.04.2023)

Changelog
Spoiler

- Skill-Tree Adjustments (Adding MoM)
- Added self-crafted Gear Examples
- Added Crafting Guides for all rare Gear

- Small Tree improvements
- Updated Skill Trees to 3.20 (once PoB is updated)
- Added Devouring Diadem
- Added Stormshroud
- reworked Ailment Immunity approach
- Updated Gear accordingly

Build Concept:
The Build is all about exploding Raging Spirits with the Minion Instability Keystone and the Tavukai Unique Amulet. We use the Amulet and the Infernal Legion Support to make the Raging Spirits take damage until they reach low life and explode dealing damage based on their max life.
The Build can easily be played as a starter and will take you through all the content there is and will obliterate any Pinnacle Boss there is.
We are relying on a few, quite common, uniques. Therefore, the build is semi SSF viable

Table of content
1. Pros/Cons
2. Videos
3. PoB
4. Defence Layers
5. Gear
6. Gems
7. Pantheon/Bandits
8. Levelling
9. Crafting
10. FAQ

1. Pros/Cons
Spoiler

1.1 Pros:
++ Easy to do on a budget
++ Can do all Content
++ Can do all map mods
++ Elemental Ailment Immune
++ 75/75 Max Block (needs some investment)
++ Recover Life on Block
++ Recover ES on Block

++ Nearly all Gear craftable with decent RNG
++ HC viable
++ Easy to scale damage with Minion Damage/Life
++ Good single target damage

+ Good clear speed
+ decent life pool (~4,5k – 5k)

1.2 Neutral
- Somewhat SSF viable (not recommended as starter though)
- Not a “zoom zoom”-Build
- Needs Tavukai to really popoff

1.3 Cons:
- Can be a bit squishy until you have enough Block/Ailment Immunities
- Tavukai to not feel too clunky
- sucks for Legion encounters

2. Videos

3. Path of Building - PoB

4. Defence Layers
Spoiler

For Defences we have a couple of Layers which make us quite tanky
• Chance to Block Attack Damage:
==> = 75%

• Chance to Block Spell Damage:
==> = 75%

• Elemental Ailment Immunity
--> Ghastly Eye jewel with 46%+ “Chance to avoid being shock”, socketed into Darkness Enthroned
=> 80%+ “Chance to avoid being shocked”
--> 20% From Searing Exarch Boots Implicit
==> 100% “Chance avoid being shocked”
-> Stormshroud
==> “Chance to Avoid being Shocked applies to all Elemental Ailments“
==> = 100% All Elemental Ailments
Note: Alternatively you can, if you can’t get your Hands on the Jewel you can still get ailment Immune using the Craft on your Body Armour, Shield, Shaper/Loathing Essence on Boots and/or Anoint Arcane Sanctuary (25%) and drop one of the affixes from Gear.
• Mind over Matter
-> Since Eldritch Battery works with MoM, we can reserve 98% of Mana and still use MoM

5. Gear
Spoiler

5.1 Gear Progression overview
Spoiler

This section is meant to give you a short overview of how the progression of the different Gear slots could go. For further Details of the Gear checkout section 5.2 and 5.3
For Crafting guides for all Slots checkout section 9.

Most of our Gear slots have a straightforward gear progression: “Get incrementally better Stats on them”.
But A Few slots influence our Gem-Setups. Namely our Chest and Helmet.
Our Shield also decides what Anoint we can take for our Amulet

The straightforward ones:

Amulet: Tavukai look for High Minion Life and Minion Damage rolls. Look for a low Chaos Resistance roll (-17 would be best for us. The lower the Resistances, the faster our SRS explode)

Belt: Darkness Enthroned its “50-100% increased Effect of Socketed Abyss Jewels” Enables us to easily get Ailment Immune and is arguably the strongest Belt (in combination with well rolled Ghastly Eye Jewels).
Alternatively go for a Stygian Vise with Life, Resistances, Minion Life

Wand:Any combination of (the more the better): Minion Life, Minion Damage, +1 all Skill Gems, +1 Minion Skill Gems

Shield:Recover Life on Block, +1 to all Minion Skill Gems, Minion Life, Minion Damage, Max Life, Block Chance, Resistances

Gloves:Life, Block, Resistances, Minion Life

Helmet: Devouring Diadem it enables “Eldritch Battery” which lets us sustain our Mana/ES to spam SRS, go for the Strength+Dex” Unveil to solve some Stat requirements. The “Socketed Gems have 25% increased Reservation Efficiency“ enables us to run Skitter Bots, Tempest Shield, Determination and Defiance Banner. With Eldritch Battery we can even use Mind over Matter

The not so straightforward:
Body Armour:
We want a 6-Link Chest for our SRS setup.
You are mainly looking for two Stat (besides the obligatory max Life and Resistances) on the Chest:
You can apply an additional Curse
#% increased Effect of Offerings
Having an additional Curse, gives you a nice damage boost and having increased Offering effects saves you 5 points on the Tree (you don’t need to take one of the block wheels to reach max Block).
Both Stats are Hunter-Mods, therefore you will need a hunter influenced Chest.
Your typical progress would likely be:
Generic max Life/Resistances Chest (5 or 6 Links) -> Hunter Chest with “#% increased Effect of Offerings” (6-Links) -> Hunter Chest with both “You can apply an additional Curse” and “#% increased effect of Offerings”

When you get a Chest with an additional Curse you will want to adjust your Ring or curse Gem Setup.
In general, you do have two options to apply the additional curse:
1. Adding it to your Ball Lightning-Hextouch Setup
2. Rings with “Curse on Hit”

Rings:
We are using the Rings to get a bunch of Resistances, Stats (Mainly Dexterity) and Curses on Hit.
As long as you don’t have your additional Curse Chest, you only need one Ring with Curse on Hit (either Flammability or Elemental Weakness). You can either get the Curse on Hit from Influences:
Flammability = Warlord
Elemental Weakness = Hunter
Or you can find the Flammability one in Delve from Notes that say:
Contains fire items
Best Base Option for your Rings are Bone Rings, which can roll Minion Mods like Minion Life and Minion Damage.
Note: Since 3.19 you can craft “increased Minion Life” on Rings.

5.2 What to look for on your Gear:
Spoiler

5.2.1 Damage:
All our damage comes from exploding Raging Spirits, dealing part of their max life as fire damage. To scale the explosions, we need Minion Life and Minion Damage. So wherever possible we want one (or even both) of these stats on our gear. Both Stats scale our damage by the same amount.
The only other stats that scales our Damage is gem Level. We can get that on our Wand and Shield.
Using Essence of Fear to craft our Boots, Gloves, Belt and Chest we can get up to “30% increased maximum Minion Life” on these Slots.
Stats like “#% increased Spell Damage”, “#% increased fire Damage, “adds xx Damage to Spells” etc. do nothing for us.
We want “Minions deal # to # additional Fire Damage” on at least one of our Gear pieces (most likely on one of the jewels) to enable the combustion Support on Spectres that don’t deal fire Damage.

5.2.2 Defences:
We want to reach Res cap, max Block, Life on Block, Energy Shield on Block and Elemental Ailment Immunity. Combined with Bone Armour (self-casted – left click), we can get quite tanky.
For Ailment Immunity we will either need to craft on some of the items or get a Stormshoud Jewel, Darkness Enthroned (with 75%+) and a Ghastly Eye Jewel with atleast 46% Chance to avoid being shocked.
For block we just need the “increased effect of Offerings” on our Chest and a Rumi’s Concoction
Besides that, we need life and resistances.

5.2.3 Stats:
You will need some Dex, at least 68 total, for Skitter Bots. With a Devouring Diadem with Strength/Dex unveil, you should be fine.
In general: Get the Dex you can and adjust the Gemlevels accordingly. Level your Gems that need Dex only as far as 68 Dex.

5.2.4 Aspect of the Spider
You want an open Suffix on any of your Rare Gear pieces to craft Aspect of the Spider. Which is an aura that debuffs our Enemies and both helps our Damage (“5% increased Damage taken”) and our Defences (“30% reduced Movement Speed”).

5.3 Gear overview from past Leagues (Legacy)
Spoiler

NOTE: The Gear is far from perfect! Still deletes all regular game content!
5.3.1 Sanctum League
Spoiler

I didn’t play the build in Sactum, but crafted some Gear for it (Check Section 9 for the Guides)

5.3.2 Kalandra League
Spoiler

5.4 Gear Details
Spoiler

5.4.1 Helmet
Spoiler

The Devouring Diadem, though not the highest damage option, is one of the core items of the Build.
By Using the Diadem we fix any Mana issues (Eldritch Battery, saves 4 Points on the tree), enable 5 Auras and helps with our Stats.
Besides an insanely expensive and hard to craft Rare Helmet the Diadem is the best Helmet we can get for the Build.

5.4.2 Body Armour
Spoiler

Any generic Life/Resistances Body Armour will do.
If possible, we want “you can apply an additional curse” and “#% increased effect of Offerings” (Offering Effect saves 5 passives on the tree)

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Crafting:
Check Section 9

5.4.3 Wand
Spoiler

We need a Convoking Wand as base to be able to roll certain Minion Mods.

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Crafting:
Check Section 9

5.4.4 Shield
Spoiler

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Crafting
Check Section 9

5.4.5 Amulet
Spoiler

The higher Minion Life and Minion Damage rolls, the better.
The Lower the chaos Resistance roll, the better.
But any Rolls will do to start with.

We don’t need any specific Anoint to make the Build work. I would recommend going for a defensive Anoint like Testudo (cheap! If you are missing a bit of Block chance), Prismatic Skin for +2 max all Elemental Resistances (quite expensive with silver+gold+gold), Whispers of Doom (if you are missing the additional curse on your Chest), But any another Anoint will do too.

5.4.6 Gloves
Spoiler

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Crafting:
Check Section 9

5.4.7 Boots
Spoiler

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Crafting:
Check Section 9

5.4.8 Belt
Spoiler

Darkness Enthroned enables us to easily reach Ailment Immunity. Besides that it has arguably the highest Damage potential with well rolled Jewels.

5.4.9 Rings
Spoiler

Budget Decent

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Crafting:
Check Section 9

5.4.10 Jewels
Spoiler

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

NOTE: You need one Jewel with at least “46% Chance to avoid being shocked” to reach ailment Immunity if you are going with Stormshroud and have a Darkness enthroned with 75%.

Crafting:
Spoiler

In general, we want Jewels with “+# to Maximum Life”, “Minions have #% increased maximum Life”, and ”#% increased Damage if you've used a Minion Spell recently”.

Best approach to craft the jewels are Ghastly Eye Jewel Bases. The iLvl is not that important, since only the max Life stat has a level requirement (T1 is 82+). To get Max Life and Minion life, you want either to spam Harvest Reroll with higher chance to hit Life mods or Fossil Crafting with

Pristine

Hitting the Minion Damage stat is pure luck :-/

5.4.11 Cluster Jewels
Spoiler

Budget (Decent)

Late Game (Good)

End Game (Great)

Details and Crafting
Spoiler

The Cluster Jewels Have the potential to provide a lot of Damage for us.

Our Medium Cluster should have 4 or 5 passives and our Large Cluster should have 8.

Medium Clusters
Your main Damage Cluster Jewels are Medium Clusters that give “Minions have 12% Increased Maximum Life” and these Notables:

Hulking Corpses
Minions have 25% increased maximum Life
Raised Zombies have 5% chance to Taunt Enemies on Hit

Feasting Fiends
Minions have 10% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 10% increased Damage
Minions Leech 0.4% of Damage as Life

If possible, we want to use two of those Medium Clusters.

Crafting
To Craft the Medium Cluster, you can either Chaos spam or use Harvest Reroll with higher Chance to hit Life Mods or use Pristine Fossils

Large Cluster
Pure damage increase with a “Minions Deal 10% Increased Damage” Jewel with these Notables:

Feasting Fiends
Minions have 10% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 10% increased Damage
Minions Leech 0.4% of Damage as Life

Raze and Pillage
Minions have 20% chance to Ignite
Minions deal 20% increased Damage against Ignited Enemies
Minions gain 6% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

To have both Notables “in the Front” you want a third Notable. any other will do.

Crafting:
To Craft this Large Cluster you could either Chaos Spam or Fossil Craft with

Aetheric + Bound + Scorched

5.4.12 Flasks
Spoiler

Besides the Rumi’s Concoction we are free to use any Flasks.
With enough Chaos Resistance you can safely use a Forbidden Taste Flask with “Used when you take a savage Hit” Enchantment (You can craft it on your Bench)
All other utility Flask can be crafted with the “Used when charges reach full” Enchantment for massive QoL. You only have to worry to use your life Flask when you take a really nasty hit.
Since we are Elemental Ailment immune, we only need Flasks to get rid of Bleeding and Poison.

@nanai8888 did you mean to quote the whole guide?
Poeatlas.app
Hi Weo! Im a pretty new player trying your build out, loving it so far!! I was hoping you could help me figure out what im missing for max block. Currently sitting at 68% attack block and 73% spell block when flask is going. I recently picked up some extra block in the tree, as well as the block annointment to help, but im still a few % shy of cap. Other than a max roll rumi, im not to sure on my options. My gear isnt great but heres the PoB. Thanks in advance!

https://pobb.in/51nCuvCCwIu7

My current plan is to focus on getting max block and then work on my horrific jewel / rare gear situation.
Last edited by Clemson2309 on May 7, 2023, 1:29:34 AM
"
Clemson2309 wrote:
Hi Weo! Im a pretty new player trying your build out, loving it so far!! I was hoping you could help me figure out what im missing for max block. Currently sitting at 68% attack block and 73% spell block when flask is going. I recently picked up some extra block in the tree, as well as the block annointment to help, but im still a few % shy of cap. Other than a max roll rumi, im not to sure on my options. My gear isnt great but heres the PoB. Thanks in advance!

https://pobb.in/51nCuvCCwIu7

My current plan is to focus on getting max block and then work on my horrific jewel / rare gear situation.

To get to max Block you need a bit of "Increased Effect of Offerings". To get this you have two options:

- Hunter Mod on the Chest
- Exarch Mod on the Chest
- Exarch Mod on the Boots

Easiest way for you would be spamming Exarch Embers on your chest and Boots. With both you will easilly cap your Block.
Poeatlas.app
Thanks so much! Ill try that out :)
Hello all,

sorry for the question, but why does the leveling part of the guide end after act 4 ?
Are there no more changes after that regarding the gems?
"
Mystô wrote:
Hello all,

sorry for the question, but why does the leveling part of the guide end after act 4 ?
Are there no more changes after that regarding the gems?

Correct, with the end of act 4 you will have bought all the gems you need.

But remember to checkout the gems in the pob, since some of the links change a bit, with your gear approaching your endgame gear.
Poeatlas.app
I have started the league with this build and didn't feel the need to create another character for the endgame. It was enough to reach 38 challenges, will be 39 if I get lucky with the Towering Titans rare monsters. Then maybe I will try Uber bosses if I feel like it.

I made a few changes for my play style, biggest being not using Eldritch Battery. I obviously had to invest significantly in mana to handle the massive cost of SRS with 5 supports. But to me, it is worth it. I am very tanky with 3K ES and high recover on block with Aegis.

Another change I can recommend is using level 4 Empower instead of Concentrated Effect Support. The clear speed and damage feels much better after I switched to it. Ruby and Topaz flasks are also very useful since I already have 90% physical reduction and 80% cold resistance with Aegis. This way I can mitigate fire and lightning damages as well.

So, thank you again Weo_ for keeping the guide up-to-date for so long. It is one of the best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info