[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

"
AaxFamily wrote:
Hi, any idea about what crucible passive should we aim at on our wand and shield ?

Btw, I'm using a tabula +2 minions (inexpensive), and I can do T16 quite easily (using the tree life mastery +15% life if no life on body armor). Could be an alternative for those who do not have a lot of currency.

I haven't looked into shield trees, but on wand we can get Minion Damage, minion Life and, most importantly, Minion Instability.

With that you can save some points on the tree.

Best case would be a wand with all three stats on the tree.l

You can get six-link sour base for ~5C, with an essence of Fear or Creed you can easily craft a viable armour until you get one with hunter influence.
But for leveling the tabula is a good option.
Poeatlas.app
"
I just started following this guide after getting my mage skeleton necro to 85 and swapping from there, I am currently working to gear towards this build but I have to be missing something obvious.

How are you guys sustaining mana for the SRS?
I don't know a lot about the game but I am showing a .45 second cast time on the tooltip with a 54 mana cost per cast.

I am using defiance banner/Determination and Summon Skitterbots, but I am unable to use Tempest shield without taking up almost all my mana.

That being said with those reserved I have 271 out of 1052 mana left.
At .45 seconds cast time at 54 per cast I am running out of mana every 2 seconds or so, and I am having to spam the mana flask.

Yes, you are missing something obvious.

You either need spec into Eldritch Battery or get a devouring diadem, which gives you eldritch battery.
Check the house for this ;-)

With the diadem, which gives 25% efficiency for socked gems, and the reservation wheel on the tree ( check the prob), you can run all auras (including aspect of the spider) without the diadem you should be able to run determination, skitterbots and tempest shield.

Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:

I haven't looked into shield trees, but on wand we can get Minion Damage, minion Life and, most importantly, Minion Instability.

You can get six-link sour base for ~5C, with an essence of Fear or Creed you can easily craft a viable armour until you get one with hunter influence.

Minion instability could be great :-)

I just did not find any clear guide on how to transfer the good crucible passive to a wand, prererably choosing the right ones... Does someone find one ?
I do not even know if the source item must be a wand, or just any one hand weapon...

What do you mean by "sour" base armor ? (sorry, I'm not native english speaker)

Another question : how do you approximate our DPS ? POB gives a number, and I saw that you choose 4 RS at a time. In my case, I manage to sustain 8-10 RS alive at any time. But finally the lifetime of one single RS does not count if you want to calculate the final DPS of instability : just your cast rate is important, no ? So increasing our own cast speed is also the key, no ? (because, at the end, every RS die)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 28, 2023, 4:09:46 AM
"
AaxFamily wrote:
"
Weo_ wrote:

Minion instability could be great :-)

I just did not find any clear guide on how to transfer the good crucible passive to a wand, prererably choosing the right ones... Does someone find one ?
I do not even know if the source item must be a wand, or just any one hand weapon...

What do you mean by "sour" base armor ? (sorry, I'm not native english speaker)

Another question : how do you approximate our DPS ? POB gives a number, and I saw that you choose 4 RS at a time. In my case, I manage to sustain 8-10 RS alive at any time. But finally the lifetime of one single RS does not count if you want to calculate the final DPS of instability : just your cast rate is important, no ? So increasing our own cast speed is also the key, no ? (because, at the end, every RS die)

The "Sour" is just a typo. Currently typing on mobile ;-)

There are a few guides on YouTube and reddit, but I haven't really looked into it myself.

A few pages back I did some math regarding the DPS.
But you are right, your Castspeed determines how many RS you get within a
A given timeframe.
I chose 4 to mainly manage expectations and because you get 4 when you are at max seals from unleash.
Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:
A few pages back I did some math regarding the DPS.
But you are right, your Castspeed determines how many RS you get within a
A given timeframe.
I chose 4 to mainly manage expectations and because you get 4 when you are at max seals from unleash.

I read it. So if we want to calculate the DPS on a big boss single target on which we spam SRS, the RS lifetime is no relevant, nor is the seal count (that is always at 0 if you spam). So only the "+cast speed" of the "unleash" is relevant.
On my toon, I have 3.22 cast speed and one RS death is 904000 dmg, so the DPS from instability is 2.8M.

On top of that, you add the ignite DPS on a single target that is 396000 in my case (not depending on the number of RS, but just on stack / duration).

It gives 3.3M dps on a sustained single target.

The multi target DPS is harder to evaluate...

PS: I tried the forge. Note that to forge a wand, you need another wand. A sceptre does not work, even if it's a one-hand weapon... I'll also try if there is a difference between spirit shield and other shields...
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 28, 2023, 2:37:31 PM
"
Weo_ wrote:

Yes, you are missing something obvious.

You either need spec into Eldritch Battery or get a devouring diadem, which gives you eldritch battery.
Check the house for this ;-)

With the diadem, which gives 25% efficiency for socked gems, and the reservation wheel on the tree (check the prob), you can run all auras (including aspect of the spider) without the diadem you should be able to run determination, skitterbots and tempest shield.

Thank you so much I feel dumb now, I got Eldritch Battery and am fine on mana now. I swear I looked for like 10 minutes for the answer but I guess I just looked over it.
"Finished" my first Endgame Item for the league:

Rule 10:

- bought the Base for 5C
- Spammed Fear of Loathing until usable suffix besides the avoid ailments
- crafted Aspect of the Spider
- cleaned prefixes (exarch Influence + eldritch Anull)
- Beast crafted Suffixes can not be changed (cheaper as the bench craft)
- Aisling T4 Slam
- Blocked Mana
- Unveiled Life + Armour + Energyshield
- replaced crafted Mana with Life
- spammed greater Eldritch Ichors until Avoid Elemental ailments implicit
- Orb of Conflict (50/50) upgraded Avoid Elemental Ailments
- spammed Eldritch Ember until first usable implicit (will likely improve that later on)

Cost: ~4 Div (biggest chunks where the "Wild Bristle Matron" for 1.3 Div and the Aisling T4 Slam for 1.2 Div)
Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:

waoooo I looked at your current gear, it's stratospheric !!! :-)
I just managed to crucible-craft Minion Instability on my weapon and +80 life on my shield...
"
AaxFamily wrote:
"
Weo_ wrote:

waoooo I looked at your current gear, it's stratospheric !!! :-)
I just managed to crucible-craft Minion Instability on my weapon and +80 life on my shield...

More like catastrophic ;-D

Check my post on page 108, most of the gear, besides the diadem and now the boots, is well below 50C a piece.

And there is still a lot of room to improve it.
Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:
More like catastrophic ;-D

ha ha, you are hard with yourself.

Anyway, I love your build. Thanks for it.

I just adapted it for my taste and slow rythm. Still on tabula +2, and surprinsigly quite tanky at lvl 93, with a very good single target dps. Farming T16, various guardians, exarch, eater of world, mavens, cortex. Will soon try sirius and elder when I have the frags.

Only drawback for me: weak on legion. But it's not very important.
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 29, 2023, 5:47:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info