[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

"
HalfFiction wrote:
I have started the league with this build and didn't feel the need to create another character for the endgame. It was enough to reach 38 challenges, will be 39 if I get lucky with the Towering Titans rare monsters. Then maybe I will try Uber bosses if I feel like it.

I made a few changes for my play style, biggest being not using Eldritch Battery. I obviously had to invest significantly in mana to handle the massive cost of SRS with 5 supports. But to me, it is worth it. I am very tanky with 3K ES and high recover on block with Aegis.

Another change I can recommend is using level 4 Empower instead of Concentrated Effect Support. The clear speed and damage feels much better after I switched to it. Ruby and Topaz flasks are also very useful since I already have 90% physical reduction and 80% cold resistance with Aegis. This way I can mitigate fire and lightning damages as well.

So, thank you again Weo_ for keeping the guide up-to-date for so long. It is one of the best.

So I had the poison SRS a few leagues ago when it got big, but my game knowledge was much more lacking. So we have 3 different type of SRS:

Popcorn
Hit based
poison

Could someone with more SRS knowledge give me the rundown on the different versions and a few +/- about them?

Poison Scales fairly easy with 20 minions with enough poison enemies on hit, I would assume the dps may be a little easier to get? (Convert hits to chaos and get chance to poison)

Seems like hit-based you could just get a lot of Ghastly eye jewels that added flat fire, since the SRS covert 100% to fire natively you could probably get some nice hits

Where does popcorn fit between these? I assumed with the Belt that leaves burning ground when a minion dies would be awesome, but apparently not.. how does popcorn rate? can we setup big ignite chains? I guess I'm trying to get a little more knowledge on the pros of each version of it?

Would love to see the POB you came up with!

Last edited by scjohnson243_1 on May 30, 2023, 3:18:10 PM
"
*** BODY ARMOUR

You want at least a iLvl 82+ (iLvl 86+ would be best) HUNTER Influenced Base. Best would be an iLvl 86+ Hunter Influenced Armour/ES Base

The Stats you are looking for on the Body Armour are

- #% Increased effect of Offerings
- Minions habe #% increased maximum Life
- You can apply an additional Curse

- Chance to avoid Elemental Ailments
- maximum Life
- % increased Life

**** How to craft
We can force the Additional Curse once we hit the "#% increased Effect of Offerings" with an Essence of Fear

1. Spam Essence of Fear until you hit "#% Increased Effect of Offerings" (1/85 for T1)
-> You need at least one open affix
=> Open Suffix -> Beast craft prefix to suffix
=> Open Prefix -> continue

-> if you have open prefix and suffix
=> Beast craft "Aspect of the Spider"

2. Craft "Suffixes can not be changed"
3. Harvest craft "Reforge Caster" (guarantees Additional Curse)

If you have at least one open prefix after step 3 you can further craft the Chest:

(if you have two open prefixes you can skip step 4)

4. remove the unwanted second prefix:
-> craft suffixes can not be changed
--> Annul for 1/3 chance to remove the unwanted prefix
---> if you hit the "Suffixes can not be changed", recraft it and repeat
---> if you hit the Additional curses, go to step 3.

5. Craft "prefixes can not be changed"
6. Aisling T4 Slam
-> if it removes "Additional Curse" go to step 3.
7. craft "Chance to Block Spell Damage" or "Chance to Block Attack Damage"
8. Unveil (Hopefully) "Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments"
9. Craft Maximum Life

On step 5 you mean suffixes, right? This is on the POB.
Last edited by Shmagles on Jun 5, 2023, 8:03:48 PM
Hi, great build super underrated. I'm unable to download path of building on my current device, so I was wondering if I could get a quick jpeg of the 3.21+ skill tree?

Or if there's another resource I can use to simply see the PoB / tree, that'd be great as well. If it's not too much of a hassle? Everything else is very straightforward. Thanks!
"
NomadBrad wrote:
Hi, great build super underrated. I'm unable to download path of building on my current device, so I was wondering if I could get a quick jpeg of the 3.21+ skill tree?

Or if there's another resource I can use to simply see the PoB / tree, that'd be great as well. If it's not too much of a hassle? Everything else is very straightforward. Thanks!

Sorry for the Late answer, but I made a Gallary for the Skill tree progression:
https://imgur.com/a/MeVbaRs
Poeatlas.app
"
Shmagles wrote:

On step 5 you mean suffixes, right? This is on the POB.

you are right, should be SUffixes not prefixes.
Poeatlas.app
Why wouldn´t it be better dpswise to replace the spectres with hextouch support and flammability and elemental weakness?
"
Kroschak wrote:
Why wouldn´t it be better dpswise to replace the spectres with hextouch support and flammability and elemental weakness?

You get flammability and elemental weakness from the rings.
With the rings you only need one socket for the ball lightning instead of four.
Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:
"
Kroschak wrote:

I know that. It simply shows 20% more DPS by replacing the spectres with the hextouch and two curses. My question is what am I missing?
"
Kroschak wrote:
"
Weo_ wrote:
"
Kroschak wrote:

I know that. It simply shows 20% more DPS by replacing the spectres with the hextouch and two curses. My question is what am I missing?

That shouldn't be the case.

I guess that the curses from the rings are not active in your pob, or you are missing something to hit the enemies with (like ball lightning).

/E I think I know what's happening:
The curses from the rings are level one, I guess you use level 20 or even 21 curses in your setup?

The Spectres, eg Flame sentinels, buffing our damage by igniting the enemies.
In pob the checkmark for ignited isn't removed when removing the spectres.
That's likely why you just see a damage increase.
Poeatlas.app
Last edited by Weo_ on Jun 13, 2023, 1:51:37 PM
"
Weo_ wrote:

That shouldn't be the case.

I guess that the curses from the rings are not active in your pob, or you are missing something to hit the enemies with (like ball lightning).

/E I think I know what's happening:
The curses from the rings are level one, I guess you use level 20 or even 21 curses in your setup?

The Spectres, eg Flame sentinels, buffing our damage by igniting the enemies.
In pob the checkmark for ignited isn't removed when removing the spectres.
That's likely why you just see a damage increase.

I am using the POB of the build not mine. Changed it, removed the ignited and exposure checkmark. Still getting 10% more without the spectres. The gems lower the resistance more than the rings combined with exposure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info