[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

I cannot figure out how you have 2k base armor in PoB with nothing turned on, equipped, active, and everything disabled
"
turntup1234 wrote:
I cannot figure out how you have 2k base armor in PoB with nothing turned on, equipped, active, and everything disabled

This:

"
f4ward wrote:

Currently POB is not updated with current gem values so it's a bit hacky.

Under "Configuration" -> "Custom modifiers" there are additional values for Determination and Grace. You will need to comment/uncomment the relevant item when looking at defenses and activating the relevant Aura.

Purity of Elements is set to level 29, for the resistances that the new gem will grant.

It is no longer relevant, so you can remove it.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
kanameclan wrote:

OP still wondering, why arent we using the life medium clusters from before?

Brush with Death is no longer needed since we get life on kill from Blood Drinker.

Flow of life can still be used if you want a bit more life instead of a pure damage node like Wicked Pall or Unwaveringly Evil

Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Oct 27, 2021, 5:11:17 PM
"
Played this build last league and looooved it. I am considering making it again with the new changes but I was wondering if anyone is trying out the life recoup nodes (Vampirism and Infused Flesh) and how that works out for this build, since these seem VERY OP. If anyone tried it out, or is actively using these nodes please let me know how it works out! Thanks

I actually just found an awesome talisman with 80 life, DoT multi, and resists yesterday that has Vampirism on it. So I'm planning on grabbing the Infused Flesh node next once I get some respecs. I imagine for very little investment that the recoup will be great until I get the extra capital to go Impresence and clusters, at which point I doubt it will be worth it for end game. But until then I'm basically getting 42% recoup for a 4 point investment. Can't say how it will feel yet but I bet it's perfect for mapping.
what about glorious vanity this is give, us some defensive or how its work
I have mostly defensive problem for now , this vnaity for first to buy , or the amulet 0 mana despair it is cost a lot but then I can run armor buff skill
edit
edit
edit
nvm I see what jewel gives, sorry I'm lbind !
Last edited by Skoczny_Mongoł on Oct 27, 2021, 8:42:28 PM
"
f1sck wrote:
"
sorlix wrote:

I tried both and both are good in my opinion: Obliterations give u huge aoe clear but the axe gives us very fast movementspeed. I use death's rush ring too which gives bunch of chaos resist + armor + onslaught.

I think the best setup would be this for clear: 2x obliteration, bisco leash for belt, blood rage gem for frenzy charges.

So POB shows a massive 80% damage increase if I use two cheap wands instead in offhand. Just simple ~38 chaos dot modifier + 50% chaos damage craft, 3-4c each. I don't know how we can pass that up if that's right.

Ran some test with both on a couple of a guardian maps and I didn't see much of a difference between the 2, although because our clear is so high, I might have not even noticed it. Definetely for lower map tiers, I think the movement speed is better, but for juicy maps, I would also go for the Obliterations as well, as the pop on a huge delirious pack is super satisfying.

Currently however, guardians, elder, shaper, maven etc. are a nightmare. 1 ability can kill us, while the 5l CA damage does barely anything. If anyone has ideas, that do not include spending 100c+ for an empower and leveling it for 5 days, I would appreciate it.
"
Patatomaster wrote:
"
f1sck wrote:
"
sorlix wrote:

I tried both and both are good in my opinion: Obliterations give u huge aoe clear but the axe gives us very fast movementspeed. I use death's rush ring too which gives bunch of chaos resist + armor + onslaught.

I think the best setup would be this for clear: 2x obliteration, bisco leash for belt, blood rage gem for frenzy charges.

So POB shows a massive 80% damage increase if I use two cheap wands instead in offhand. Just simple ~38 chaos dot modifier + 50% chaos damage craft, 3-4c each. I don't know how we can pass that up if that's right.

Ran some test with both on a couple of a guardian maps and I didn't see much of a difference between the 2, although because our clear is so high, I might have not even noticed it. Definetely for lower map tiers, I think the movement speed is better, but for juicy maps, I would also go for the Obliterations as well, as the pop on a huge delirious pack is super satisfying.

Currently however, guardians, elder, shaper, maven etc. are a nightmare. 1 ability can kill us, while the 5l CA damage does barely anything. If anyone has ideas, that do not include spending 100c+ for an empower and leveling it for 5 days, I would appreciate it.

Unless I'm missing something it still seems like 80% more damage from two rare wands is better than extra pop. That's way too big of a damage boost to give up.

I'm not having much issues with Guardians, but haven't done the bosses past that yet so can't say there.

u can give, effiacy support for the caustic im sure?
but build have defensive problem
this is worth to change from conc, to increased ? normal ? or need awek
Last edited by Skoczny_Mongoł on Oct 28, 2021, 6:20:11 AM
After some thoughts about the defenses, I decided to drop Determination and instead use Enfeeble, since we have a second curse available anyway.

While Armour reduces our Phys damage taken, Enfeeble reduces all monster damage including Elemental.

And without Impresence, we can fit in Despair, Enfeeble, Malevolence and Purity of Elements.

Caustic Arrow and Withering Step are linked to Lifetap, so we don't need mana for them and we always have Lifetap buff up.

Next significant upgrades, for me, in this order:
Impresence - to free Despair reservation, so we can fit in Aspect of the Spider.
Enlighten - For Malevolence and Purity
Empower - For CA DPS (only once we have enough available mana)
And somewhere in between - better Bow, Gloves and Quiver

I have updated the POB, removed the evasion variant and changed the armour variant.

There's "Current" tree and gear, which is my current, mostly scrappy, gear.

There's "Target" tree and gear, which is what to aim for.

No cluster variant has 80% stun avoidance, which seems enough. For cluster version, Brine King would be needed unless we find a better way.

POB: https://pastebin.com/H8z6G71e
Last edited by f4ward on Oct 29, 2021, 6:43:08 AM
This build looks really cool, gonna give it a shot as a second character, sadly i didnt see it before league starting.

@f4ward do you have any tips for leveling in 3.16? I guess the points in your first page posts still apply mostly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info