[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

Anyone know how much two endurance charges on the rings end up helping? Questioning if it is worth shifting all the res pieces around to fit it in.
"
f1sck wrote:
Anyone know how much two endurance charges on the rings end up helping? Questioning if it is worth shifting all the res pieces around to fit it in.

I'd assume this is supposed to be used with CWDT Immortal Call setup, however, I'm not sure if I really need it, at the moment it doesn't feel like it's super necessary but would add another nice defense layer.
Last edited by Prov1eh on Oct 29, 2021, 4:55:54 AM
"
f1sck wrote:

Each endurance charge is +4% all elemental res and 4% phys damage reduction

Don't go out of your way for it, but if you can shift it easily, 8% phys reduction is nice.

Also, you can opt for Frenzy charges for 4% More damage per charge.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Oct 29, 2021, 6:00:27 AM
"
f1sck wrote:

U can also roll endurance charge on your items with the help of scourge if u are lucky.
Loving this build and its playstyle, thanks OP!
I zoom zoom T15/16 maps, but some bosses just eradicated me.. As in, the "One shot type of situation.. aka You are no match, what are you doing even here?" kind of (not fun) encounter.

I'm sure my (lack of) playstyle accounts for a lot, but am I doing anything wrong skill/talent/item's wise? Would appreciate any tips (even though I'm broke after purchasing the Impresence :))

Thanks again for the build; f4ward.
Hit level 90 so I will give my two cents I guess.

For Aura setup I've gravitated towards Malevolence / Arctic Armour / Despair / Enfeeble / Temp Chains / Temporal Rift. Yes no Determination and no Purity (I'm not too bothered by chill). I chose to do this because I'm not a huge fan of armour and wanted to try and "old school" defensive layer set (Temp Chains + Enfeeble). I'd also love to get Aspect of the Spider for even more slows.

Basically, Physical EHP is super low in PoB, but I think there is enough QoL through action speed reduction and Enfeeble to make it work... if enemies are Nearby.

I am also sacrificing a bit of damage right now, mainly because I'm only targeting 3 watchstone maps. Upping it to 4 might work now, I had some luck doing some T14s after getting my Impresence.

Temporal Rift is very good and possibly being slept on at the moment. It can be used in a bunch of different ways like recouping damage after a boss has hit you. On my tree it has a small reservation cost (6.29%) and the cooldown is 3.5s.

Oh I am also using Divine Flesh and taking One with Evil (+1% Max Chaos Res). Have not seen anyone take this node yet. I get Corrupting Blood Immunity with the Mastery.

Also my gear is pretty subpar. There are optimizations you can make now with new Scourged items. I have a pair of Cannot be Frozen boots I'd like to craft but I'm guessing in a week or two they will be fairly common to buy. Also I'm using a Bisco's Leash (because I can fit it in) for thee QoL (and fun) that Rampage brings.

PoB at Level 90: https://pastebin.com/QV3z6Cjf

Next 3 levels will be the two 2 socket Jewels. This build has been a blast so far, but I'm not that good of a player mechanically.

Also I anointed Sovereignty for my aura setup to work. My guess is that Mana Reservation Efficiency is going to get nerfed hard in 3.17.
Last edited by SecretDragoon on Oct 29, 2021, 10:04:48 PM
Hey guys, i have one question, why do we support our death's aura by lifetap, if it's cost nothing, so it's never trigger lifetap buff?
"
cavalexusg wrote:
Hey guys, i have one question, why do we support our death's aura by lifetap, if it's cost nothing, so it's never trigger lifetap buff?

Lifetap on the Death's Aura is being activated by the Lifetap on the Flame dash setup since its a lvl 1 meaning you have to spent 23 life, a flame dash cost 23 mana (life due to lifetap) so every time you dash you get lifetap buff

Once you get lifetap then all lifetap setups get the effect from it so both our 6s setups get the effect which are 2 high level lifetaps

Supported skills Deal 21% more damage while you have lifetap
is the key factor of lifetap on death's aura and Caustic Arrow
Yeah the best defensive layers definitely seem unknown for this build. You can feel very clean going through maps, but definitely some bosses there just is no answer. I see most of the top builds on Ninja are going for Glorious Vanity for the +5% chaos res and some elemental damage reduction. And I see more of them seem to be dropping purity of elements to fit more layers in.

I also have 42% recoup going now to try it out, but it doesn't help when bosses are really the issue. Might help in the end if I could get more damage reduction and fit Vitality but I don't have the level 3 enlighten yet...
"
busi wrote:
"
cavalexusg wrote:

Lifetap on the Death's Aura is being activated by the Lifetap on the Flame dash setup since its a lvl 1 meaning you have to spent 23 life, a flame dash cost 23 mana (life due to lifetap) so every time you dash you get lifetap buff

Once you get lifetap then all lifetap setups get the effect from it so both our 6s setups get the effect which are 2 high level lifetaps

Supported skills Deal 21% more damage while you have lifetap
is the key factor of lifetap on death's aura and Caustic Arrow

Thank's for explanation. Because further, I would like to use Empower with caustic arrow and did not quite understand how I would get a lifetap buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info