[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Hi N0Easy.

I have played your CoC Assassin also, and probly my alltime favourite build. I got bored of the need to place myself "correct" in boss fights when compared to Cospri's style with Ice nova and frostbolt. Its just more relaxed because you just move around and the damage is good no matter where you stand.

My question is - Is it possible to transition this Scion build to use Cospri's malice instead and skip the Necromancer ascendency for assassin+juggernaut? Just makes more sense to me - atleast until we have enough crit chance.

Thanks for the awesome build(s)! Godlike build(s).
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Jan 11, 2021, 3:52:48 PM
"
azamantes wrote:
Do you make any changes to the skill tree when you transition from spellslinger BL to Coc BL ?

What ascendancy do you pick first ?

I will probably post the leveling tree after reading today's patch note reveal.
You want to take Assassin first for power charge generation, followed by Jugg or Pathfinder. Once you have a cluster jewel for power charge generation, respec Assassin and take Necro.
"
kaldaskeren wrote:
Hi N0Easy.

I have played your CoC Assassin also, and probly my alltime favourite build. I got bored of the need to place myself "correct" in boss fights when compared to Cospri's style with Ice nova and frostbolt. Its just more relaxed because you just move around and the damage is good no matter where you stand.

My question is - Is it possible to transition this Scion build to use Cospri's malice instead and skip the Necromancer ascendency for assassin+juggernaut? Just makes more sense to me - atleast until we have enough crit chance.

I'm not an expert of CoC ice nova builds, so I don't know if Scion is the best class to play CoC ice nova. I theorycrafted a bit on PoB, but I don't like the outcome. The DPS is not high enough given the high investment necessary to build the character.

Instead, it would be better to simply replace BL with arc. You'll lose like 50% of dps, but you can forget about your positioning. Replace slower projectiles support with energy leech, and ditch AoE nodes.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
kaldaskeren wrote:
Hi N0Easy.

I'm not an expert of CoC ice nova builds, so I don't know if Scion is the best class to play CoC ice nova. I theorycrafted a bit on PoB, but I don't like the outcome. The DPS is not high enough given the high investment necessary to build the character.

Instead, it would be better to simply replace BL with arc. You'll lose like 50% of dps, but you can forget about your positioning. Replace slower projectiles support with energy leech, and ditch AoE nodes.

Thanks friend! I actually never considered it and i guess you are right. I have played around with PoB and you should still be able to reach pretty high numbers with Arc, even without stalwart commmander and so on.

With all the nerfs i guess Assassin/Juggernaut scion should be pretty happy. We also kept the +1000 accuracy :)

Thanks again
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Jan 12, 2021, 2:51:46 AM
Have you thought about a CoC BL Elementalist?
"
argoniashawks wrote:

Elementalist can get as much damage as Sicon, but it's not easy to get stun immunity. Because of the desync issue, stun immunity is a big priority for CoC builds. Of course, you can get stun immunity by stacking the jewel implicit "10% chance to avoid being stunned", but it will take a lot of time and/or money to do so.

Also, I believe that max block + life gain on block is better than the elementalist's new defensive layer.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
argoniashawks wrote:

Elementalist can get as much damage as Sicon, but it's not easy to get stun immunity. Because of the desync issue, stun immunity is a big priority for CoC builds. Of course, you can get stun immunity by stacking the jewel implicit "10% chance to avoid being stunned", but it will take a lot of time and/or money to do so.

Also, I believe that max block + life gain on block is better than the elementalist's new defensive layer.

Why do you think stun immunity is that important? I cant remember last time i got stunned tbh.. Except if i sometimes sleep against the Elder (who is not in this league) and i dont even know if that counts as a stun.
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Jan 13, 2021, 3:01:22 AM
"
kaldaskeren wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
argoniashawks wrote:

Why do you think stun immunity is that important? I cant remember last time i got stunned tbh.. Except if i sometimes sleep against the Elder (who is not in this league) and i dont even know if that counts as a stun.

When was the last time you played cyclone? Cyclone used to grant stun immunity while spinning, but it was removed in 3.11. Since then, you get desync'd when you get stunned while spinning. I don't think the elder's ability counts as a stun.
Played cyclone in flashback, though it wasnt CoC but seriously.. Cant remember i was stunned at all. Maybe just luck but cant remember at all.

But in CoC builds i wanna end up with lowlife, and then we gotta get Presence of Chayula with stun immunity. Thanks again for answer :)
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Jan 13, 2021, 3:31:34 AM
"
kaldaskeren wrote:
Played cyclone in flashback, though it wasnt CoC but seriously.. Cant remember i was stunned at all. Maybe just luck but cant remember at all.

Just a quick thought, but if you played a standard Slayer Cyclone (since you mentioned non CoC) slayer gets stun immunity while leeching, which is basically always. So that might be why your perception is skewed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info