[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

"
AustereSpoon wrote:
"
kaldaskeren wrote:
Played cyclone in flashback, though it wasnt CoC but seriously.. Cant remember i was stunned at all. Maybe just luck but cant remember at all.

Just a quick thought, but if you played a standard Slayer Cyclone (since you mentioned non CoC) slayer gets stun immunity while leeching, which is basically always. So that might be why your perception is skewed.

Yeah i see your point but it was an unarmed Gladiator :)
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Jan 13, 2021, 10:29:12 AM
Considering there are absolutely no changes in this build coming from 3.13......I say that's a good thing right ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
N0sey,

Thanks a ton for these builds I have been playing one a league since the Mjolnier Assassin days! Just wondering about if it is reasonable to swap from assassin to necro without the Bottled Faith / Watchers eye (assuming we get the cluster for power charge generation). Is just the power charges + using Inc Crit Strikes in the 6 link enough to swap and then once you get BF and a Watcher's you can swap out the Inc Crit?

Will be playing this in the Conflux Private league so basically big group SSF, what are the biggest hurdles / most important things to put time towards in terms of value difference from the SSF point of view? I am assuming gloves are key and least rare of the key items. Thoughts?

Just wondering if you are still planning on posting any updates today or tomorrow before league launches? Also, anything else to do with Passive Points before we get cluster jewels?
Last edited by AustereSpoon on Jan 14, 2021, 4:12:03 PM
Do you have a Scion leveling guild using spellslinger that fits this build? I enjoy spellslinger and I like the guide you had for the assassin version of the build.
Last edited by FoMante on Jan 14, 2021, 5:20:39 PM
"
azamantes wrote:
Considering there are absolutely no changes in this build coming from 3.13......I say that's a good thing right ?

The build should be pretty good in 3.13.

"
AustereSpoon wrote:
N0sey,

Thanks a ton for these builds I have been playing one a league since the Mjolnier Assassin days! Just wondering about if it is reasonable to swap from assassin to necro without the Bottled Faith / Watchers eye (assuming we get the cluster for power charge generation). Is just the power charges + using Inc Crit Strikes in the 6 link enough to swap and then once you get BF and a Watcher's you can swap out the Inc Crit?

Will be playing this in the Conflux Private league so basically big group SSF, what are the biggest hurdles / most important things to put time towards in terms of value difference from the SSF point of view? I am assuming gloves are key and least rare of the key items. Thoughts?

Just wondering if you are still planning on posting any updates today or tomorrow before league launches? Also, anything else to do with Passive Points before we get cluster jewels?

I would swap ass to necro when I get the trigger craft and a cluster jewel for power charge generation.

The gloves should be relatively easy to obtain in your private league since they are fairly common drops in Simulacrum. I think finding Unnatural Instinct and a good Militant Faith would be harder. I guess you should farm 4-ways as much as possible to find a good Militant Faith. For rares, items I suggested to buy from other players (amulet and shield) are hard to find in SSF since crafting them is near impossible. Crafting a good body armour should be easy if you use Harvest craft (augment attack/caster).

I want to update the guide before the league start, but I have to finish my real-life work before that. Not sure if I can.

Edit: finding a megalomaniac with Overlord would be pretty hard. You might want to use a large cluster jewel for that if you really want fortify.

"
FoMante wrote:
Do you have a Scion leveling guild using spellslinger that fits this build? I enjoy spellslinger and I like the guide you had for the assassin version of the build.

I want to write a leveling guide, but I don't have time for now. You can use the same spellslinger setup for Sion. Because of the spellslinger nerf in 3.12, you have to drop arc. Also, you can start slinging only after the library quest in Act 3 because of the availability of skill gems as far as I remember.

Good luck, guys!
Last edited by N0esy on Jan 14, 2021, 5:52:40 PM
I really enjoyed playing the Assassin Mjolner version of this build a few leagues back and this version looks a good fit for the new league and expansion.

I'd like to league to start this, but the Scion starting passive nodes make it pretty rough going for a starter.

A quick tree of the levelling build would be much appreciated as Scion start is a long way from the Assassin levelling tree.

I understand time constraints can be stressful, so please don't feel pressured to do this and either way best of luck in the league! :)
I made a small improvement on the passive tree. Check out the updated PoB to see the new tree. Also, I added a very brief leveling section to the guide.
Last edited by N0esy on Jan 14, 2021, 9:32:51 PM
Thanks N0esy. Love the build.
Is Disciple of the Forbidden our only source of generating power charges?

NVM see it on the cluster jewels
Last edited by argoniashawks on Jan 14, 2021, 10:47:23 PM
"
BravoFoxtr0t wrote:
Thanks N0esy. Love the build.

+1 to that, thanks N0esy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info