[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

"
haungo1175 wrote:
Dude
-Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill, with a 8 second Cooldown (previously 4 seconds).
Are we ok?

Yes.

Desecrate spawns 5 corpses and bone offering has 5s base duration for consuming the 1st corpse + 1s/additional corpse consumed, yielding 9s total duration. So max block can be maintained with an 8s cooldown. Also tested and works as described.

I'm more worried that we're missing 5% elemental ailment avoidance from the nerfed bench craft... It was already scuffed to get it to 100%, will have to figure out a way for the 5% now.

"
N0esy wrote:
In my opinion, the Harvest nerf is not enough, as I already have some ideas on how to abuse the post-nerf Harvest. I think GGG will be forced to nerf Harvest again in 3.15.

I'm eagerly awaiting this :) (I guess reroll prefixes/suffixes will be the main thing...)
Last edited by Irfy84 on Apr 14, 2021, 12:26:19 AM
"
Irfy84 wrote:
"
haungo1175 wrote:
Dude
-Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill, with a 8 second Cooldown (previously 4 seconds).
Are we ok?

Yes.

Desecrate spawns 5 corpses and bone offering has 5s base duration for consuming the 1st corpse + 1s/additional corpse consumed, yielding 9s total duration. So max block can be maintained with an 8s cooldown. Also tested and works as described.

In addition, the 8s cooldown can be reduced by the cdr mods on belt and boots. With 35% CDR, the cooldown of the trigger mod becomes around 6s.

"
Irfy84 wrote:

I'm more worried that we're missing 5% elemental ailment avoidance from the nerfed bench craft... It was already scuffed to get it to 100%, will have to figure out a way for the 5% now.

This is indeed a problem. One easy solution is to go jugg/necro and use "cannot be frozen" on boots. You are not immune to shock, though.
Another idea is to use a pair of boots with 35% chance to avoid elemental ailments. You can craft them by combining CDR boots and ailment avoidance boots by an awakener's orb, followed by rerolling prefixes while keeping suffixes until 30%+ MS. Then craft a life mod.
what are you league starting this league N0esy?
"
madspaz wrote:
what are you league starting this league N0esy?

Int-stacking poison molten strike.
"
N0esy wrote:

"
Irfy84 wrote:

This is indeed a problem. One easy solution is to go jugg/necro and use "cannot be frozen" on boots. You are not immune to shock, though.
Another idea is to use a pair of boots with 35% chance to avoid elemental ailments. You can craft them by combining CDR boots and ailment avoidance boots by an awakener's orb, followed by rerolling prefixes while keeping suffixes until 30%+ MS. Then craft a life mod.

By the end of Ritual I achieved 100% elemental reflect via jewel implicits, next to already having 100% stun avoid, half of which was from 5 jewels as in your original endgame PF version. It felt super cool not having to think about reflect and switch pantheons while farming Uber Atziri for the Feared invitation (character is public, IrfyRitualA).

However, obviously, 100% is overkill and we could certainly use 2 of those jewels to get 10% freeze and 10% shock avoidance to cap the two most dangeorus of the ailments. We'd remain with 5% ignite and 5% chill after that, which I could personally live with.

"
N0esy wrote:

In my opinion, the Harvest nerf is not enough, as I already have some ideas on how to abuse the post-nerf Harvest. I think GGG will be forced to nerf Harvest again in 3.15.

Please do not invoke the devil.

Will you elaborate on this soon? I'm eager to hear if youre plan is still viable given the general scarcity of crafts... Here are my thoughts:

• Chest: I don't see a way for guaranteeing spell crit. Curse mod can be rolled via reforge keep suffixes with a lot of luck needed to be able to augment life on it afterwards and still be able to craft stun/ailment avoidance. Suffixes cannot be changed -> annul could be useful, but expensive...
  • Ring: Reforge life can no longer preferentially roll influence modifiers (that's why reforge influence got introduced) -- I would wager that the influence LGoH can still roll by random chance as if by chaos orb, but much lower probability than before. Fossil crafting is probably much better now. I'd simply skip +1 curse on chest and the Assassin's Mark here until I wouldn't know what to do with my currency...
  • Boots: Aug crit can no longer roll influence mods, so that route is dead. I guess awakening and hoping we won't have to risk-annul is the only way to get anything here.
  • Belt: From what I can see, we can only get lucky by crusader slamming the belt and then reforge keep suffixes to hit the crit chance mod. And then get lucky adding life to it.
  • Sceptre: Ironically, the hardest craft is unchanged, and IMHO probably easier then some others now -- I'm very optimistic about it. My recommendation is to concentrate only on reforge lightning until hitting 1 or 2 useful mods with remaining open suffixes (yolo annul is good too) and then cannot roll attack modifiers, augment lightning. Generally, augment lightning with the metacraft will gaurantee any 3 out of 4 useful mods, so it's very good if we already have t2+ lightning % and flat for example. Rolling for crit chance can be done by reforge keep prefixes or protect prefixes, scour, aug crit -- rinse and repeat. If reforge keep prefixes weren't so damn expensive post-nerf, I'd go with it, but it's no longer more profitable than 2ex/atatempt metacrafting.
  • Helmet: Mostly remains the same, except for no annuls and phys taken as fire being non-targetable. I'd just skip this mod.
  • Amulet: Unchanged.
Last edited by Irfy84 on Apr 28, 2021, 7:02:37 AM
"
Irfy84 wrote:

• Chest: I don't see a way for guaranteeing spell crit. Curse mod can be rolled via reforge keep suffixes with a lot of luck needed to be able to augment life on it afterwards and still be able to craft stun/ailment avoidance. Suffixes cannot be changed -> annul could be useful, but expensive...
  • Ring: Reforge life can no longer preferentially roll influence modifiers (that's why reforge influence got introduced) -- I would wager that the influence LGoH can still roll by random chance as if by chaos orb, but much lower probability than before. Fossil crafting is probably much better now. I'd simply skip +1 curse on chest and the Assassin's Mark here until I wouldn't know what to do with my currency...

Not sure why you say "can no longer preferentially roll influence modifiers". Reforge still works on influenced items, and takes their mod tags accordingly.

For chest, try "caster more likely", for ring "life more likely". Although for ring, pristine fossils have always been slightly better than harvest for lgoh+life rings because you block the common defence prefixes from rolling. If you manage to get additional curse chest you can roll "caster more likely" on ring to try and hit lgoh+ass mark.
"
Irfy84 wrote:

Will you elaborate on this soon? I'm eager to hear if youre plan is still viable given the general scarcity of crafts... Here are my thoughts:

Hi, I just want to say that I made the statement right after the manifesto was released. As you know, the nerf was found to be much harder than that stated in the manifesto in every aspect. We almost never see aug crafts or T4 seeds, for example. Harvest has been nerfed so hard that there is no need to nerf it again.

You can still use reroll crafts to make great items, but this is generally very expensive because you must use metacrafts (prefixes/suffixes cannot be changed). For example, you can craft a chest with offering effect/attack crit/spell crit by the following process:
1) alt spam for offering effect
2) imprint
3) awakener with a spell crit shaper chest.
4) annul the third suffix; if failed, use the imprint and go back to step 2. 1/3 chance to succeed.
5) craft "suffixes cannot be changed" and use "reroll attack".

What efun said is correct. You can still roll influenced items with harvest rerolls.
Last edited by N0esy on Apr 28, 2021, 8:23:42 PM
I was under the impression that
  • Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item.

meant that not just aug phys, but even reforge phys can no longer select explodey mod and only aug inf/reforge inf could select influence mods.

I see now I was wrong, there's been reports of it working as you describe, didn't notice them -- thanks for the heads up.
Added crafting examples in the new info section. Caution: they are not cheap.
Hi everyone. I'm playing this build in 3.15. At the moment, I have a bit over 2M Shaper DPS, 6.1k life, and capped block. I don't think this is that good considering the amount of investment (about 20ex), but it can at least do most contents in the game like Sirus, Simulacrum, Shaper/Elder guardian invitations, etc. The build can scale a lot more with more investment.

I'm hesitant to update this guide because the budget to do all content would be like 50ex, which is too high for most players. If you want me to update this guide, please leave a comment. I'll update the guide if 3 or more people are interested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info