[3.13] Ignite Fireball/FW Agnostic Trickster. NO CLUSTERS REQ. LVL Guide. ScorchingRayVerInc

"
V4ldaran wrote:
With the Scorching Ray variant there is no need for Wave of Conviction or?

And is Kitava's Thirst or Crown of the Inward Eye better for Scorching Ray?

for SR crown of the inward eye is better. wave of conviction is not required but you can use it in order to apply an ignite for the combustion debuff, but its two links with a situational cast.

you're probably best just dropping wave of conviction and just not using combustion at all. its a bit lower damage but w/e, its too annoying to keep that buff active anyway.
im now functional as my full SR version
gear

essentially i have flamewall/ball lightning for my clear then flamewall/SR for single target.
flamewall acts best in the tabula because it boosts its clear while having essentially the same effect on single target.

SR clears fine but its a bit slow, i like to keep moving. im not sure i'll keep the BL setup for good but im not sure, possibly! i'll see how it operates in end game maps. im lvl 85 and breaking into yellow tier now. nothing is an issue offensively or defensively
did they change the Watcher's Eye's Mods?
Can't search for

"19% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit while affected by Clarity"

also I'm struggling with surviving in high yellow/low red maps...
4,4k life // 4,2k mana

what should I aim first for? having 3ex to spend...
"
snietschie2 wrote:
did they change the Watcher's Eye's Mods?
Can't search for

"19% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit while affected by Clarity"

also I'm struggling with surviving in high yellow/low red maps...
4,4k life // 4,2k mana

what should I aim first for? having 3ex to spend...

that mod only goes from 10-15% now. its also not the ideal mod. the ideal one is the MoM effect, % damage taken from mana before life

so your build is pretty much cut/paste. your gear is decent. i have no idea whats killing you. what scenarios in which you die.
the build is tanky but you can't facetank. mobility is key for survival for literally every build now-a-days. ignite is a great hit and run playstyle.

i'd say just keep playing the build and get used to it. you need to learn how to play the build which will come with time and experience. it won't play itself.

this is the main reason why i placed the disclaimer at the start of the guide, because what all builds need is for people to experience them. grow with them.

so right now my best advice is to learn whats killing you and try to adapt. it won't be specific things like oh this specific damage hit me for this amount blah blah. its more like, "oh when i stand still during this time to cast i get obliterated".

but yeah theres just indicators suggesting that you need to learn it and do it yourself. build guides don't tell you what to do specifically. you don't need to get every mod that my guides gear has. its about learning the concept, the overview, and adapting it to yourself. i can tell this because there are just some things that are off.
1) you're still using the jewel from act2. at this point with clarity, cloak and foible, you do not need this. replace this jewel with something better
2) you still have MoM spec'd on the tree. you don't need this, you get it for free with your chestpiece
3) you're trying to search for the literal exact values of the watcher's eye that i showed. you don't need to. its the mod thats important, not the value (and that mod is the least important, in fact)
4) all your flasks are the same, mostly, but you're missing arguably the two most important mods. the life and mana flask prefix's
5) combustion is linked with clarity. this is useless. it should be linked with wave of conviction in your helmet. put infernal cry in your gloves (doesn't need to be linked with anything)

i can't tell you exactly what to buy to make you survive. mostly because it isn't a build problem at this point. its a you problem. you're not used to the build.
but things you can upgrade are just min/max values.
1) start adding quality to your jewelry
2) 6 link your gear
3) slowly upgrade

if you find yourself dying a ton, just drop it down a notch. start playing tiers of maps, or maps with mods, in which you don't die.
i can definitely tell you with that gear setup i'd be running t16s all day long and not having much issue.

if you want, respec some things here and there to fill out your hp values first. even with MoM your life is the most important so theres still a ton of it left to get had.
spec out of the jewel, maybe the dex node if you don't need it, take out MoM, add in the missing hp nodes. this will boost you like 300-400 hp probably

but all TLDR just get used to the build. get used to the league. get used to the game. the build won't do it for you. the build is a tool, you're the operator.
thank you so much for your detailed input! :)
I totally didn't think of respeccing MoM or putting quali on my stuff.
Also did the helm 4 blue, was easier than I thought and changed out the old leveling jeweles. feels much better now.
will check on the flasks and try improve my playstile.

this is fun! :)
Last edited by snietschie2 on Jan 18, 2021, 1:25:32 PM
so from everything im seeing about sirus influenced maps and such, chaos res is giong to be important to max out. or at least get.

honestly im not sure how this build would fit it in without some crazy harvest crafted perfect type of gear. already pretty starved on rares as it is. i guess just the single ring slot you have can make it up if you don't use a ring like i showcase from heist...

but yea, chaos res is important now
I am a little bit confused.
I am still leveling, 60+ rn, used your guide ad-literam, got in love with yr video showcases but yesterday saw also the latest comments and that you dont use anymore fireball. It is absolete, scorching ray is better? No Kitava's head?
What is the order of ascendancies?
THANK YOU for yr hard work in this awesome build, man.
"
oblemenco wrote:
I am a little bit confused.
I am still leveling, 60+ rn, used your guide ad-literam, got in love with yr video showcases but yesterday saw also the latest comments and that you dont use anymore fireball. It is absolete, scorching ray is better? No Kitava's head?
What is the order of ascendancies?
THANK YOU for yr hard work in this awesome build, man.

well specifically i'd say this "build" is more of a template. the template is agnostic staff/block trickster. many skills can fit into it. i've played this template from archmage pledge of hands ball lightning to scorching ray.

i'd say the overall best version i've played is ignite fireball, which is showcased in main post. this league im doing it as scorching ray because of the buffs. ignite fireball is still showcased but i've included info regarding scorching ray version specifically because of the buffs.
there are also basically zero SR builds out there, and this one handles it extremely well, so i figured it would appeal to anyone that wanted to try SR this league.

overall i'd say fireball is better.
for the SR version, no, no kitava's thirst is used. crown of inward eye is best. there are a couple other changes but majority of things are the same.
Reached level 93 with this build already! Feels really good, lacking a little single target but that's because I'm on 2 5 links at the moment. Will start focusing on links, watchers eye and then awakened gems (in that order unless the gems start to drop in price).

Only significant change I made was to put the brand in the helmet for auto EE and self-cast the sigil. I was trying to fit in some clusters but it seems kinda impossible without sacrificing tankiness (I guess that's the trade-off usually).I definitely see why you picked up staff block nodes / unwavering / glancing etc.. smoothing out the damage intake to let the massive regen do its work. I'll be working towards glancing + stun immunity now.

I just have a question about staff crafting, now that harvest is back in the game it seems like a nice end goal for the build.

Is it possible to craft a +5 staff for this build in a deterministic fashion? I skipped harvest league so I'm a little behind on the crafting methods. I found a guide for +5 lightning staff crafting, seems applicable to a fire version.

Check out my gear/tree on my profile if you're interested! Gloves and abyss jewel aren't amazing (just placeholders for now)
"
Reached level 93 with this build already! Feels really good

yeah your setup looks pretty sweet!

crafting your own staff is definitely viable now. i already have a base for my build (doing SR this league), but yeah im not sure the best way to do it at all. nor exactly what the best stats would be. i don't know if +5 would be better then just +3 and FDOTM etc.
i imagine a +5 would be better but im sure that would entail some expensive fossils and whatnot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info