Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.13] Ignite Fireball/FW Agnostic Trickster. NO CLUSTERS REQ. LVL Guide. ScorchingRayVerInc

Thanks so much for the reply! I'm not that good with the mechanics of the game, between US setting dodge to 0 and Agnostic setting ES to 0 aren't we getting nothing from a lot of our armor? o.O

Also chaos damage seems to be a major issue for me, am I missing something?
"
senseiRuss wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply! I'm not that good with the mechanics of the game, between US setting dodge to 0 and Agnostic setting ES to 0 aren't we getting nothing from a lot of our armor? o.O

Also chaos damage seems to be a major issue for me, am I missing something?

armor only helps physical damage mitigation, so in fact because evasion (not dodge) is set to zero and with agnostic can't have ES, armor is preferred. its good to get as much armor as you can where you can.

if chaos damage is a major issue, then what you're missing is probably chaos resistance.

this league chaos damage seems to be very prevalent. on my build i currently have 30% chaos res but my goal is to cap it. it should be easier to do on the FB version then it is my build as well, and gear with life/mana/tri res is so common this league because of the ritual smart loot + harvest existing, so it shouldn't be a terrible task
Hey bro! Loving the build i am level 92, but i am at a point i want to min max it a bit. I know u said you didn't like cluster jewels, but i think they give much better offence and ok defence(small life cluster would give more life for 3 points than the normal tree). Is there any way you can do a quick cluster jewel tree because i can't figure out what to drop(for now i have dropped the block nodes till i level up). I also have 75 chaos res so where would you put a divine flesh? And last question. Where would you put a threads of hope jewel to maybe save some points. If u can make a quick tree i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the build!
Can anyone explain to me how EE works in this build? Doesn't hitting the monsters with fireball just make them more resistant to fire? It's also confusing with Archmage adding lightning damage to the fireball itself... sorry this node has always confused me >.<
"
senseiRuss wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how EE works in this build? Doesn't hitting the monsters with fireball just make them more resistant to fire? It's also confusing with Archmage adding lightning damage to the fireball itself... sorry this node has always confused me >.<

yes, hitting them with fireball makes them more resistant. however the ignite damage on fireball is high enough that it doesn't matter at all while clearing.

either you can put storm brand in your helmet for it to auto cast onto things nearby to apply EE automatically, or you just cast storm brand if its on a separate 4L setup (like in OP) on anything that is alive as you pass them
storm brand does full lightning damage so storm brand, again, if on a separate 4L, will apply a curse (hextouch), elemental overload (with inc crit sup), and elemental equilibrium.

the typical gameplay loop is to cast fireball and run along with it melting everyone in your wake. if you meet a rare that doesn't immediately die, drop a storm brand on his face. cast fireball again and keep running. if you run into a tanky rare or boss, cast storm brand on them then maybe drop a flamewall on their head and don't look back.

for sketchy maps you can keep your distance. for tanky maps (inc hp, inc ele res, enfeeble curse) you can drop flamewall and fireball through it, but this typically never needs to happen in a mapping scenario.

for bosses you can either drop the flamewall on their face (for more dps with the primary burn effect) or keep your distance and fireball through flamewall and apply only its secondary burn effect - but always keep that storm brand on them
Currently running this build and loving it but I just realized that wave of conviction does not apply fire exposure. It does more lightning damage than fire because of arcane cloak lightning damage buff, you can see it if you set the calculation mode to "buffed" in PoB. Any idea on how to fix this?
well yeah theres a way to fix it. look at it with effective DPS. the 'buffed' thing isn't considering all factors. if you really want the most accurate showcase then you need to tailor the buffs and whatnot

the only realistic time i can get it to have more lightning damage then fire is if im standing on a fully charged sigil of power (4 stages) without fire exposure already applied - all others buffs functional. except this would basically never happen, since WoC goes off constantly you'd have inflicted fire exposure before getting to 4 stages of SoP

so essentially what im saying is, its wrong. don't worry about it, you're getting fire exposure 98% of the time, and even if it swaps to doing more lightning dmg then fire, you've already inflicted fire exposure before this point.
You're right, the exposure is based on the damage the monster takes and he should take more fire than lightning because of flammability and EE if you have storm brand up
I'm currently running this build with an Elementalist instead of Trickster. At the moment it's pretty much just copy-and-paste with the requisite changes for pathing from Witch instead of Shadow. I haven't tried the Trickster version so I can't compare them, but considering my gear, it feels very solid.

I decided to try running a T11 elemental reflect map after it corrupted to have ~120% IIQ. I both wanted to see if it was doable, and was hoping to salvage the map itself.

Here's the final result:

This boss was unkillable, but that had nothing to do with reflect. He was just too beefy with five spirits possessing him. Aside from him, I had one death to reflect when I fired a test volley at a large-ish mob, and another one to an especially nasty Beyond rare. Everything else was eminently doable just by using Flame Wall as my primary damage source along with the occasional Fireball for tanky rares. Rituals were a special kind of hell but never killed me. It's not something I would want to do often, but it absolutely worked for saving the map from being bricked.
Last edited by wolfkstaag on Jan 31, 2021, 5:25:40 PM
Hey guys! Sorry for dumb question, but is this build vailable for HC?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info