[0.10.4] Narutobieber's The Budget Strike Build(LS). Who says melee needs to be gear dependant.

"
Dravok wrote:
Just a few questions on this build:

1. Can you go marauder instead of templar and work your way up?
2. Can you switch out lightning strike for freezing pulse?
3. Can you use a 2h weapon late game instead of sword and shield?

1. Yes you can, however you will have mana issues earlier on if you don't have a 5L for blood magic really early. This can be negated with good mana regen jewelry.
2. No
3. Yes you can, but you will need to change the build quite a bit to get rid of the shield talents and invest in armor talents.
IGN- Narutobieber
GUIDES:
Templar Budget Strike build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/298433/page/1
Marauder Universal Endgame Skill template: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338007
Last edited by Narutobieber on Apr 12, 2013, 1:19:48 AM
Thanks for the answer about Reduced Mana gems, I checked the quest rewards after posting and saw that I can get several of these...

New questions :
1. How do you get enough dexterity to run Faster Attacks before Merciless ?
2. Presently lvl.43, I'm constantly spamming mana flasks. Only having 310+ mana pool, I can't run more than one aura while hitting LS. Is there a way to improve this before switching to Blood Magic fueled LS ?
IGN superbobob
Still in act 1, but already having mana problems running Tempest and wrath,had to pick up the 40% node early and have been running 3 mana pots as well, I noticed that there isnt any sort of mana to pick up on the way to RT so how would I alleviate my mana problems, I have been trying to gear myself as best I can for mana already and gotten the best flasks.
"Creepers gonna Creep"
Last edited by Ihasparadox on Apr 12, 2013, 11:35:28 AM
"
Ihasparadox wrote:
Still in act 1, but already having mana problems running Tempest and wrath,had to pick up the 40% node early and have been running 3 mana pots as well, I noticed that there isnt any sort of mana to pick up on the way to RT so how would I alleviate my mana problems, I have been trying to gear myself as best I can for mana already and gotten the best flasks.

early on, its best to avoid using super fast attacking weapons. Your mana issues might be due to having a really high attack speed 1hander.

"
superbobob wrote:
Thanks for the answer about Reduced Mana gems, I checked the quest rewards after posting and saw that I can get several of these...

New questions :
1. How do you get enough dexterity to run Faster Attacks before Merciless ?
2. Presently lvl.43, I'm constantly spamming mana flasks. Only having 310+ mana pool, I can't run more than one aura while hitting LS. Is there a way to improve this before switching to Blood Magic fueled LS ?

1. Make sure you are using an onyx amulet with high all attributes, and pick up the agility early. However if you are having mana issues I wouldn't recommend running faster attacks.

2. A piece of jewelery with any amount of +mana or +mana regen will help with mana issues. Again, it's preferable to pick slower harder hitting weapons as opposed to faster weapons due to mana constraints earlier on in the build.
IGN- Narutobieber
GUIDES:
Templar Budget Strike build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/298433/page/1
Marauder Universal Endgame Skill template: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338007
Last edited by Narutobieber on Apr 12, 2013, 12:28:28 PM
I started a character with this build and so far it is working out great, currently lvl 26 in A2 normal. One thing I was thinking of making some changes to is removing RT and adding some crit nodes to allow for critical hits. I feel like a good crit % will increase DPS much more than RT will as well as increase the amount of shock the build does, therefore also increasing DPS. I have made a theory build of this here:

I had to remove a few HP nodes and Iron Grip in order to have enough to add Deadly precision and Blood Thirst. I have read that Iron grip does not increase the DPS of this build by very much anyway.

To compensate for the lost HP nodes I added 2 elemental resist nodes (6% each) and also took the Precision node to help with dexterity and accuracy.

has anyone tried this yet, and can anyone provide some feedback as to whether or not this will work?
Last edited by MaxMuscle on Apr 15, 2013, 2:45:58 PM
"
MaxMuscle wrote:
I started a character with this build and so far it is working out great, currently lvl 26 in A2 normal. One thing I was thinking of making some changes to is removing RT and adding some crit nodes to allow for critical hits. I feel like a good crit % will increase DPS much more than RT will as well as increase the amount of shock the build does, therefore also increasing DPS. I have made a theory build of this here:

I had to remove a few HP nodes and Iron Grip in order to have enough to add Deadly precision and Blood Thirst. I have read that Iron grip does not increase the DPS of this build by very much anyway.

To compensate for the lost HP nodes I added 2 elemental resist nodes (6% each) and also took the Precision node to help with dexterity and accuracy.

has anyone tried this yet, and can anyone provide some feedback as to whether or not this will work?

Getting decent accuracy with your gear as you level is VERY hard. Also going crit eats up more skill points while requiring godly gear. It's hard to spec for crit on the melee side, most of the good crit skills are close to the shadow tree. To make crit work you need ALOT of crit and even with spending the 6 skill points in those crit talents, it will still give less dps boost than RT.

Grabbing precision isn't a bad idea for the extra dext if you are low on dext for faster attacks., also I wouldn't recomment the 6% all res nodes, 1 skill point for 6% ele res (18% total) isn't very efficient use of a skill point.

Iron grip does increase your group farming speed by alot and is def worth the points.
IGN- Narutobieber
GUIDES:
Last edited by Narutobieber on Apr 15, 2013, 5:42:07 PM
It is nice to see a build that incorporate the shield in a major way.
Making a templar in a very similar build. I have to say that Iron Grip has indeed improved damage, as well as linking a Pierce gem to LS ( already life leech & faster attacks linked ).

If you put a Warlord's mark and/or Endurance cry in the ecuation, the result is satisfactory. At least 4 me, at lvl60.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0QfxNbGS4aOB0UI00n7TJ-MokzVjwtQDZDY0RyRtdN2FXGVdZX4lj1WfNk52aeZ71uqnFNcql35Xq4ewd82YFvhMSLjIx2j0aQVZrPm6GdxJ48ogCnCKeErKquk7T5tzG3PreluJPAGsT2xp7Grs9l0NDUj9rd3sHhc-St7DjtIO5v8B_6LvrS_r8=
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IGN: Oxflar
[/quote]Getting decent accuracy with your gear as you level is VERY hard. Also going crit eats up more skill points while requiring godly gear. It's hard to spec for crit on the melee side, most of the good crit skills are close to the shadow tree. To make crit work you need ALOT of crit and even with spending the 6 skill points in those crit talents, it will still give less dps boost than RT.

Grabbing precision isn't a bad idea for the extra dext if you are low on dext for faster attacks., also I wouldn't recomment the 6% all res nodes, 1 skill point for 6% ele res (18% total) isn't very efficient use of a skill point.

Iron grip does increase your group farming speed by alot and is def worth the points.[/quote]

That makes sense, thanks for the advice. What do you think about removing some of the shield nodes and going with some mace damage nodes like Bone Smasher or Skull Cracking? I will most likely be using a high physical damage mace with elemental damage since it seems like the best weapon for a Templar with lightning strike.
"
Getting decent accuracy with your gear as you level is VERY hard. Also going crit eats up more skill points while requiring godly gear. It's hard to spec for crit on the melee side, most of the good crit skills are close to the shadow tree. To make crit work you need ALOT of crit and even with spending the 6 skill points in those crit talents, it will still give less dps boost than RT.

Iron grip does increase your group farming speed by alot and is def worth the points.

That makes sense, thanks for the advice. What do you think about removing some of the shield nodes and going with some mace damage nodes like Bone Smasher or Skull Cracking? I will most likely be using a high physical damage mace with elemental damage since it seems like the best weapon for a Templar with lightning strike.[/quote]
Last edited by MaxMuscle on Apr 16, 2013, 9:37:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info