How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

I love you Chris and GGG.
Can i send my cv?
I really enjoying Heist but I like atlas expansions more ! :) hype. cant wait.

Ty Chris
"
Epsynus wrote:
Boo, Cutting content just because reddit is a bunch of whiny butts, I do not like this new direction and will be holding back purchasing the new supporter packs with the new expansion to see just how much content has gotten cut.

The way you guys have been developing since Talisman has provided a plethora of content and has seen the game boom in popularity, this is because it works! Just because some people can't handle a bug or two doesn't mean you should cut everything in half and call it quits.

I recon this will be an expansion with the lowest revenue gained for Grinding Gear Games in a very long time.

[Removed by Support]

Major client stability and critical gameplay issues are more than "a bug or two"; and player retention, not complaints from "a bunch of whiny butts", is the major factor of consideration here for the developers.

Sure, you might lack the intellectual capacity and sufficient perception to even tell when the game is bugged in a way regularly that prevents the player from progressing, but that doesn't mean the rest of us is the same.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Oct 21, 2020, 2:29:42 AM
Awesome; Thank you so much !!
If you want to fix the large problems for the scope of patch nodes here the biggest ones:

Aura Effect Stacking and Transcendence for example here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/jecnv6/replica_dreamfeather_transcendence_is_kind_of/

PoB: https://pastebin.com/EP5CpzGV

Explanation: 2 milion armour without a single amrour gear or skill node investment in armour nodes plus automatic damage scaling. Transcendense making armour apply AFTER a flat reduction like maximum resistances which nowadays easily stacked to 90% (another aura effect stakcing problem) is another absurdity. Armour without Transcendence for its inital purpose is very bad because it applies BEFORE flat physical damage reduction like Endurance charges. Turning the Layer Calculation around makes armour with Transcendense obviously better.

Intelligence Stacking and Aura Effect Stacking for example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8eO3zXso-Q

PoB: https://pastebin.com/FiaVd6S5

Explanation: Another extreme case what Aura stacking and Intelligence stacking has done to this game. 33 000 Energy Shield 89 000 Evasion 90 resist all. And Energy Shield gain on hit providing near instant leech capacity. I dont think i need to comment on this stats. Anyone can feel free to make a life build and try to come close to those stats (hint you will fail and fall short 4 times roughly).

10 Intelligence providing 2% global increased energy shield. Meaning that 3400 intelligence translates to 680% global increased energy shield. Another build that dont pick a single skill node in increased in energy shield and skips the whole skill tree node mechanic for something completely better.

Chaos Innoculation Key Stone:

This one doesnt need a specific showcase. All immune builds in the past used it because it provides straight immunity to chaos damage with no downsides. The downsides used to be stun, freeze and shock (ignite not really). Nowadays those are easily mitigated by ascendencies and CHaracter gear/Jewels. Divine Flesh was nerfed for life builds as it gave life a good tankiness yet life builds on the top end never could outtank proper top end ES builds the blanace between life and ES is screwed since the dawn of PoE.

Straight and Short suggestions:

- Any source of increased non-curse aura comes "increased Effect of non-curse Auras on Enemies"
- Intelligence provides a flat amount of Energy Shield instead a global percent % increase
- Chas Innoculation is capped at 75% Chaos Resistance and Chaos damage cannot bypass Energy Shield (obivously Divine Flesh still does like it does with Shavrones).
- Transcendence making armour apply in one of the first 3 layers before flat damage reduction from Resistance happens.

Even though my hopes are small any of the GGG Staff is reading this my hopes are still there.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by zzang on Oct 21, 2020, 5:42:42 AM
great stuff, thanks for keeping us updated! :D
So you're not sorry for the poor state of the recent expansions and its nobody's fault?

Well, hope you focus on gameplay again in the future. Good luck!
all these massive expansions every league makes it hard for new players to get into and even harder for returning players who missed one or two leagues.. sometimes less is more.
"
sidtherat wrote:
differently?

the same people?
the same deadline?
the same scope?

what is different?

lots of words. distinct lack of 'we are sorry, we have messed up', promises ive read before. i guess it is all 'actions speak louder and talk is cheap' kind of thing.

and please, people outside might believe that 'lockdown excuse' but as a seasoned vet in SW dev industry i know that if a team 'worked' before lockdown it works after it. in many cases even better than before (less office distractions)

oh.. and for once stop pretending this giant fiasco is new. it started YEARS ago, each league is a dud on release, each takes 2-3 weeks to 'work', each one got a major 'make it functional' patch ~3 weeks in. people got simply fed up with that because bugs you guys let in are so trivial to spot you can no longer be excused

and person who 'okayed' 900 new gems (that noone asked for) and 100 new uniques (that noone asked for).. maybe do a Root Cause Analysis on that. because Heist did not need this content bloat (95% of these bring nothing to the game). 1000 entities, designed with auto-fill in spreadsheet and tested by noone. at the cost of 3 major skill reworks/premieres being non-functional on release.

maybe do a manifesto on that

So much this +1000000
While i respect Chris and have always loved the way he talks, this is pure bla bla bla. Why not just admit current league was is and prolly going to be crap and focus on honest solutions/mitigation?

MARKER DROP INCREASE WHEN??????????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info